7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Zunu » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 am

Walking Dead (re: N-K)
Spoiler: show
Nayoko-Kihara wrote:The kid was kind of shady with the way he was putting his gun down, but it really just came off as him being scared to me, and then Carl took fifty steps backwards on my Like-o-Meter.

In war, in moments of panic, people die. I don't blame Carl for shooting the boy. What I blame him for is his defiant pride in his act. His moral code has now become "Kill anything that you perceive is a threat." And the problem with that is that what one perceives as a threat becomes a slippery slope, at the bottom of which lies Governorship.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 am

I DVR'd NBC's Hannibal and watched it last night. It creeped me out at some points (read: cutting up the lungs), but I really enjoyed it, so I can't wait to see how it'll progress.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby wotakubrandon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 am

The guy who plays him has a creepy mouth.
wotakubrandon

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Zunu:
Zunu wrote:Walking Dead (re: N-K)
In war, in moments of panic, people die. I don't blame Carl for shooting the boy. What I blame him for is his defiant pride in his act. His moral code has now become "Kill anything that you perceive is a threat." And the problem with that is that what one perceives as a threat becomes a slippery slope, at the bottom of which lies Governorship.

While I can only understand the shooting to a point, I really think that's the part that bugged me the most about the whole thing - that shooting the kid, even when he was giving up, seemed to have no effect on him (at least not one that was obvious). His attitude on everything for the rest of the episode was horrible. For a split second I considered that maybe he was regretting it, and trying to convince himself that he did good at the same time he was talking to Rick, but gave up on it by the end.

To some degree I think I'm just piling a bunch of things on top of each other, and around 10% of my dislike for the character is leaking in from my dislike of the actor (I was really hoping I would grow to enjoy him more as the show went on, but he's just gotten more annoying).
---- ---- ---- ----

Game Grumps introduced me to "Pocky & Rocky" today, and I fell in love.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:46 pm

wotakubrandon wrote:The guy who plays him has a creepy mouth.

His whole face is kinda creepy, tbh. :lol: Works with the role, though.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Celedam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Game of Thrones
Not one but two interesting changes from the books. First, Ramsay's imminent mindf***. The only reason I spotted it is because I already knew what the actor they cast looks like…

[youtube]28r9gusg9nU[/youtube]

And second, how they finally got Roose Bolton into Harrenhal so that the rest of those plot lines will make sense.

I do wonder, though, if the mainstream audience can keep up with all of the new characters. More than a dozen already, and it's only the second episode of the season.

Well, there's a reason why the third book is considered the turning point of the series.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:21 am

How many books are there in the series? When I first heard about the series I didn't think it was a real long runner but I think I might be wrong.
wotakubrandon

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 am

Five published so far, with a final target of seven.

The first and second books roughly match the first and second seasons of the show. The third book will be split between the third and fourth seasons.

(Yes, there is much fretting in the fandom about whether the show will overtake the books.)
Last edited by Celedam on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 am

Game of Thrones
Celedam wrote:I do wonder, though, if the mainstream audience can keep up with all of the new characters. More than a dozen already, and it's only the second episode of the season.

Speak of the devil…

[youtube]SN28-TdHCbI[/youtube]
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 am

About half way through the 1st season now. I think I just wasn't paying attention the first time I tried watching it, since everything seems more clear to me now.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project