7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Mirai » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 am

AyuHikaru, we appear to have similar tastes, I enjoyed all of those ('cept SAO, which I haven't seen). :)
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby Starra » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 am

Meh, I found Madoka to be overrated. It's like the Evangelion of the 2010s: popular because OMG SO DEEP AND SAD!!! etc. Madoka was better than Eva, though.

QB was my favourite character, but that should come as a surprise to no-one :lol: .

Parhelion69: I haven't actually seen it, but you might like Magi. It seems extremely popular at the moment and from what I know, it's action/adventure. I don't tend to watch that genre, sadly, so I can't help you much there.

But my general anime recommendations are:
-Angel Beats!. It's... shounen, I guess? I'm not sure what to classify it as. It's one of my favourite series, even if it is a bit sloppy. It's basically about a group of kids (well, teenagers) in purgatory. There's some comedy in it too, but it's mainly sad. I cried.
-Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (aka Baka and Test). Comedy. It's fucking hilarious, that's all you need to know.
-Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (aka Haganai). Comedy. Most people probably find this bad, but oh my god the female characters are realistic as fuck.
-Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!. Er... comedy/drama? It's full of moe though, so if you don't like moe, AVOID AVOID AVOID. But if you're okay with moe, it's great.
-Clannad. Drama. Sad sad sad. You will cry. And you will laugh. But mainly you will cry.
-Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (aka The Daily Lives of High School Boys). Comedy. The most hilarious anime in the history of anything ever. I have never laughed to much. EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH THIS MASTERPIECE OF EPICNESS.
-Gosick. Mystery. Might not be for everyone, but it doesn't have any fanservice or generic shit. Also, Victorique :heart: .
-Haiyore! Nyaruko-san. Comedy/romance. Cthulhu mythos turned into anime, basically. Kind of moe, but not so moe that you feel like throwing up.
-Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (aka The World God Only Knows). Shounen. This is something aimed at guys. And oh my god I love it so much. The anime adaptation isn't actually horrible, either! More people need to watch this.
-Kokoro Connect. Drama. I felt all the feels. ALL OF THEM. OH MY GOD. SO MANY EMOTIONS. If you want an anime with a good story, watch this.
-Sakigake!! Cromartie Koukou (aka Cromartie High School). ANOTHER COMEDY. I don't remember this one that well, except that it was hilarious. It has a Freddie Mercury clone and that alone should be enough of a selling point.
-Serial Experiments Lain. I'm going to classify this as "mindfuck", even though that's not a category. If you want something that's weird, out there, and doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever, there's this.
-To Aru Majutsu no Index. Shounen. Some people don't like this, but I greatly enjoyed it. It's more sort of actiony than a lot of anime series out there.

This is going off of what I've seen. For specifically action things, I've heard Baccano! is good. Not sure about other stuff, though. Sorry!
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 am

Angel Beats is a decent one, it starts really strong but gets kind of weak near the end. It's a bit shaky, but it's not bad.

Clannad is sad but full of Moe blobs, so beware.

Serial Experiments Lain is REALLY REALLY old, I'd be shocked if he hadn't seen it yet.

As for Madoka = Eva, he said he likes Eva so this is a natural fit then :P. I'm really trying to drill Madoka Magica into his head because if you google it and look at images... well it looks pretty much like a generic Magical Girl anime and it's not.

You know what else is cute? Princess fucking Tutu. I dare you to watch it because even though it's about a duck who transforms into a girl who does Ballet and likes this boy who does ballet, it's so fucking addicting and adorable. Girly or not.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

Madoka wasn't bad. I just didn't think it was as amazing as everyone made it out to be.

OH you'd probably like Haruhi, but you've most likely seen it.
Starra
Prophet

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 am

Rrgardess of whether or not its overrated, it's still an absolute must-see. Like Eva before it, you can't have a proper discussion about it without sitting down and watching it. It's just one of those anime's that ALL anime lovers should watch, even if they hate it by the end. I think Eva is a bit overrated myself, but I had to sit down and watch it and analyze it before I came to that conclusion. I feel its the same for Madoka Magica.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 am

I agree. Although Eva was probably more influential than Madoka, imo.

I have watched Eva, btw. I plan on watching the movies once they're all out too. It just wasn't one of my favourites.
Starra
Prophet

Postby randompasserby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 am

Speaking of Eva, anyone watched 3.0 yet? I was never really a big fan of Eva but yeah that's pretty much an obligatory watch.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:37 pm

I've never watched anything related to Eva, unless you count clips in random AMVs. I've never felt excited about it, or felt the need to watch it, and I have no idea why. Maybe my general dislike for most shows about/dealing with mecha.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Watched the first episode for season 4 of "Face Off". Some great people on there this season, hopefully the challenges are as interesting as last season.

Spoilers under the spoiler.
Spoiler: show
As much as I liked this makeup.. really, guys? Can't we come up with anything else to represent a magical icey man? :lol:

Face Off (Arctic themed Goblin King; 2013):

Adventure Time (Ice King; 2010):

Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (Winter Warlock; 1970):
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Pavlova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Here is my list of anime worth watching, which overlaps that of previous people in some ways but whatever, here goes:

-Kiddy Grade: Was my favorite anime for pretty much 10 years, sci fi, fanservice, plot twists, starts out episodic and dumb, and then surprises you with all sorts of stuff, GORGEOUS animation for the time it was made, just good all around, WATCH IT.

-Fate/Zero: best anime ever, dark, dark, dark, stuff that made me shiver, epic, great, fantastic, you don't need to have seen fate/stay night to watch it, in fact it's better if you haven't, GORGEOUS animation, GREAT music, just BEST SHOW EVER OKAY. JUST GREAT. It's uhh it's fantasy in a modern setting

-K: surprisingly good anime, very stylish, some BL undertone that didn't bother my not-very-keen-to-BL self, looks great, good music, i was surprised by this, i thought it wasn't going to be as good as it was, it's fantasy in a modern setting also.

-Psycho-Pass: same director as Fate/Zero, dark, interesting, cyberpunk police thing, great plot so far (it's not over yet), dystopian type of thing.

-Baccano: good crazy over the top not told in chronological order type of story, kept me wondering til the end, very good music, set in the USA in the .. 20s? 30s? anyway, it has gangsters and trains and immortal people and stuff.

-Gunslinger Girls: I didn't watch the second season, but the first one is very good, it's dark, not-so-far-in-the-future take on loli cyber assassins, it has a very human vibe to it, once again good music, good animation for the year it was made in, it's one of my favorite anime

-Rozen Maiden: Not the best on this list but still interesting, cute anime about ball jointed dolls fighting to meet their creator, best anime soundtrack i've ever heard, very well put together stylistically? i mean the art style, music, story, all of it is cohesive. the manga was by the author of shugo chara, shows their versatility, it's nothing alike. also it looks pretty.

-Strawberry Panic: Shoujo Ai anime that is sweet slice of life anime and sort of boring and dumb for 16 episodes and becomes very dramatic and really great for the last 8. best last anime episode i've seen, also episode.. 20, i think? is the saddest thing i've ever watched, i can't watch that without bawling. worth watching if you're willing to put up with 16 episodes of bullshit. the light novel is what is considered canon so the anime is just .. bonus stuff, i guess. still good. my favorite shoujo ai thing <3

-Angel Beats: Great. Very good, like every Key thing ever, at making you cry. Cool action stuff, etc. I'm not into the whole comedy part of it. But the sad/dark parts were great. Also pretty good music, all the Girl Dead Monster stuff.

-Gosick: Good victorian era crime investigation stuff à la sherlock holmes only with a fantastic kuudere loli instead.

-Dantalian no Shoka: same as above. exactly. except the girl has black hair instead of blonde. not quite as good but still quite good. also involves magic instead of real crime investigation.

-Guilty Crown: didn't like this as much as most people did but still good, well animated, has good music, set in a post-catastrophe japan, has epic moments, has sad moments, has scary dark moments, has some neat characters and character design. worth watching.

-Madoka Magica: deconstruction/subversion of the magical girl anime genre (in the same sense that eva is a deconstruction of mecha anime). very well done. the flashback episode in that anime (ep 9, i believe?) is one of the best anime episodes i have ever watched. some great moments gave me shivers. very slow paced. weird art, gorgeous decors.

-Martian Successor Nadesico: Dumb mecha anime with animation that didn't age too well and a silly plot. bunch of misfits on a ship trying to save the world. has some epic moments and some sad moments and for some reason i just can't stop loving it; was my fav anime before kiddy grade was my fav anime which was before fate/zer was my fav anime, lol. worth watching <3

could probably think of plenty moooore. yeah.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project