[08/14] Morning Musume. '24 74th Single - Nandaka Sentimental na Toki no Uta / SaiKIYOU

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [08/14] Morning Musume. '24 74th Single - Nandaka Sentimental na Toki no Uta / SaiKIYOU

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:49 am

Shoujo Q wrote:I want to like SaiKIYOU but the singing doesn't match the instrumental for me and it feels really off. Like they are off key, but I know they aren't. But it just feels like they are. I might need to wait for the actual single to figure out what the heck is going on.

They look amazing though.

I know what you're talking about, I especially noticed it with Rairii's lines (and in the Budokan performances for both songs as well). They have a handful of members that have a great foundation and have the potential to be very good vocalists, but it really wouldn't hurt to have them do more ear training, especially if they're songs are going to become more complex vocally which is what this new era is hinting towards. I don't know how their IEMs specifically work (because there's many different uses for them), but it also doesn't help if you have others being offkey in your ear before you do your own parts -- Without ear training, you can easily get messed up from that. Even Sakua and Chel, who were always positioned as the best singers prior to all of the newbies coming in, have some bad habits that could easily be fixed with more attention/work given to them.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Re: [08/14] Morning Musume. '24 74th Single - Nandaka Sentimental na Toki no Uta / SaiKIYOU

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:16 am

Tele Tokyo Music Fes. 2024

SaiKIYOU performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfpZ1EEmSs

BerryzCelebration wrote:New Profile Images:

Individual Shots:

links were hotlinked

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:13 am

Promotion event

Morning Musume. '24 will have 2 rounds of internet signing sessions with Limited Stand

schedule :

Nandaka Sentimental na Toki no Uta
8/1
6pm~ Nonaka, Inoue
7:30pm~ Ikuta, Sakurai
9pm~ Yokoyama, Kitagawa

8/2
6pm~ Makino, Yumigeta
7:30pm~ Oda, Okamura
9pm~ Haga, Yamazaki

8/7
7:30pm~ Ishida (MC Sakurai)

SaiKIYOU
8/7
6pm~ Nonaka, Makino
7:30pm~ Sakurai (MC Ishida)

8/8
6pm~ Oda, Yumigeta
7:30pm~ Okamura, Inoue

8/9
6pm~ Ishida, Yamazaki
7:30pm~ Haga, Kitagawa
9pm~ Ikuta, Yokoyama

https://limista.jp/projects/4992
https://limista.jp/projects/4993
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... f6904d3a21
Amped
High Priest

Postby DJChisato1 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:16 am

Now I understand why Fuku-chan had all the lines. She was actually protecting the group.

SaiKIYOU is so bad. What is the pitch that they are singing in?
What's the name of that one H!P song that we all collectively agreed doesn't exist? Cats Eye or something like that. This song is on that Tier.
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Zunu » Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:02 am

^ In fairness to them this song has a lot of weird chromatic riffs make it hard to sing on key, particularly live while you're moving around and more likely to be pitchy in the first place. Hopefully the studio release will sound much better. But yeah Oda was not on point in that Tele Tokyo live. I thought Ishida sounded best, tbh.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:16 pm

I didn't think the performance was that bad, considering it sounds rather challenging to sing. I like the song itself a lot; has kind of a new jack swing vibe imo.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:29 pm

I don’t normally judge new songs based on the the first few performances, they were always going to be rough and raw. Recording in studio and then practicing dancing to it and then doing both singing and the dance routine is not an easy feat.
Especially if this song has a vast range of highs and lows.

I felt the same for Tsubaki’s Mousou Dake Nara Freedom Single given the first live viewing of their performance I felt the girls were very shouty. And then overtime they started to stabilise it.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:12 pm

Having Kodama Ameko writing the lyrics and Okubo Kaoru in charge of arranging this song for the first time together, doesn't seem to be a good combination.

Kodama works well with Hoshibe as a team, and Okubo works with Tsunku as a team. Kodama working with Okubo is uh...not a great experiment. Its like making a team with no chemistry.

I hope they never do this again.
Amped
High Priest

Postby DJChisato1 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:20 am

Zunu wrote:^ In fairness to them this song has a lot of weird chromatic riffs make it hard to sing on key, particularly live while you're moving around and more likely to be pitchy in the first place. Hopefully the studio release will sound much better. But yeah Oda was not on point in that Tele Tokyo live. I thought Ishida sounded best, tbh.

The flagship H!P group.....having trouble....singing live....
The stamina Monsters.
C'mon now, lets be forreal.
Heavy Gate is a crap song, but they perform it well.
SaiKIYOU is a crap song performed poorly.
Whatever key or pitch they are trying to sing in missed the mark completely.
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Zunu » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:57 am

The flagship group? Did I miss the announcement that J=J are performing this too? :wasntme: :mikihead:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project