7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:38 pm

^^It's always nice to see you always updating stuff about Critical Role, haha. It's the only other thing I've been long term obsessed with other than Hello Project, so it's always nice seeing them collide a bit in this thread. I even DM a Tal'dorei game for a group of Critter Artists here in Japan weekly. I'm quite excited for Campaign 3 and also the Animated Series that's supposed to drop soonish as well.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Celedam » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:34 pm

Whoa. That's good to hear. I've been thinking it's still just me here. Nayoko-Kihara expressed some interest, so I've continued posting for their benefit, but as far as I know they still haven't committed.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:35 pm

I haven't committed yet, but I'm definitely still interested so I do appreciate the update posts. I was gearing up to try and get into both CR and "Wheel of Time", figured why not go for both before the WoT show drops, but then some genuinely terrible things have happened with my family and I haven't regained the willpower to return to anything that requires actual thought and/or concentration.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:41 pm

Sympathies/condolences. I’m in a similar position. I’m won’t be doing Campaign 3 live, I’ll have to catch up later. So their decision to skip the last Thursday of each month (as per the announcement video above) works out well for me.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:30 pm

The same to you. And thanks again for keeping the update posts going, I probably wouldn't have remembered on my own until they were already weeks into everything.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:42 am

Apropos of Critical Role, it appears that with $9.6 million over 2 years, they may be the top earning Twitch streamers, as divulged by the recent leak.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:15 am

^ Keeping in mind that is subscriptions only. They don't run ads (at least not on Twitch; they do on YouTube), they don't take bits or donations, and they typically release less than 10 hours of original content per week (game on Thursday night, other stuff on Tuesday night).

Furthermore, they were off for four months last year (from March to July) while they reorganized their operations to comply with state and union restrictions.

Even then, that's probably not the majority of their total revenue. Merchandise, licensing, their production deal with Amazon Prime Video, other paid promotions and partnerships (e.g., D&D Beyond), ticket sales for live shows…

Golly, it's a lot like the idol industry. Go figure.

And when they started in 2015, at the request of / as a favor to Felicia Day, none of them thought it would go anywhere. Who wants to watch other people play D&D, right?

But seriously, it's been a trip to watch it grow like this in real time.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 am

Celedam wrote:
Celedam wrote:Well, the [Critical Role] animated series is coming soon to Amazon Prime Video. You can just wait for that, if you want. Production was slowed for a while by the lockdowns, but the current buzz is that the first season might drop by the end of this year.

It's getting close. It's knocking on the door…

It's jiggling the door knob…

Most of it is pretty self-explanatory as fantasy action/adventure, and the remaining handful of easter eggs can't be explained without spoiling the story, but there is one thing that probably should be explained…

Spoiler: show
In this world, the god of death and fate is known as the Raven Queen. The raven at the beginning represents her, and the yellow swirly lines are her threads of fate tying them all together. She has a significant role in the later parts of the story, assuming the story matches the campaign they played.

Anyhow, they had a virtual panel earlier today at New York Comic Con 2021, so more bits and pieces should be appearing soon. Here's a rip that is likely to get taken down…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncb7DJkl-44
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm

That looks great, I'm really looking forward to the show.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:46 pm

I got sucked into this BuzzFeed quiz: "This 'Watched It' Or 'Skipped It' Teen Movie Test Will Guess Your Generation With 99.9% Accuracy."

My result?
Old Gen Z'er

You're right on the cusp of Gen Z and millennial, though you probably don't fall into either category 100%. You were born in the late '90s but don't really remember much of it and wouldn't call yourself a ~'90s kid~. To you, the classics are Mean Girls, Superbad, and Easy A. But you can still enjoy the newer faves, too, like Booksmart and To All the Boys I've Love Before.

Hooray for the 0.1%! Only off by about 30 years. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project