7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat May 15, 2021 2:14 pm

^ I'm not watching yet and I don't know how I'll enjoy it, but thanks to posts here I have added them to my list of things to watch.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat May 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Well, the animated series is coming soon to Amazon Prime Video. You can just wait for that, if you want. Production was slowed for a while by the lockdowns, but the current buzz is that the first season might drop by the end of this year.

Please note this is the Kickstarter promo from a couple years ago. No trailer yet for the finished series.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat May 15, 2021 2:38 pm

I remember reading about the show but didn't realize it might release this year (or that they were off schedule). Sounds like a good plan. Honestly probably could've sold me on just that Kickstarter trailer with no prior knowledge anyway. :lol:

Maybe I'll go back and check out some of the YT videos after the show, for fun.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sun May 16, 2021 1:08 am

Considering that there have been two campaigns so far, producing over 250 original episodes and still counting, there are plenty of fan-made clips, "crack" edits, music videos, animations, animatics, and cosplay tutorials on YouTube. Once you go down that rabbit hole, the YouTube algorithm will keep recommending them until the sun burns out. But of course most of them are spoilerific, so it's hard to share them with newbies who are just casually interested.

This one is my go-to. I think it does the best job of capturing all aspects of the show — the comedy, the drama, and the triumph in battle — without spoiling too much. It was created at the end of Campaign 1, as a tribute to that campaign, so it doesn't include anything from Campaign 2 which is more popular (partly due to recency bias / snowball effect) and better produced (hey, they reinvest in their business). But it's more about capturing the dynamics of a group of professional voice actors who are essentially doing improv acting with miniatures and dice, so…

Here's another one from the same editor around the same time. It does a better job of telling the origin story of the show, but the ending of it is a massive spoiler for the end of Campaign 1 so watch at your own risk…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun May 16, 2021 2:04 pm

Jesus, I knew it was long-running but I didn't realize it was anywhere near that many episodes. :lol: Thank you for the suggestions, you've saved me so much time. If I enjoy myself with these, I think I'll still eventually go back and watch the whole thing.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sun May 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Campaign 2 might be wrapping up soon, so you could jump in fresh with Campaign 3…

But yeah, more than 250 episodes (115 for Campaign 1; 137 and counting for Campaign 2; various one-shots that are canonical but not required) at three to five hours per episode is a big ask. Some people have found it to be very bingeable, especially during the lockdowns. Some people listen the podcast version like they would to listen to audiobooks. But for many people, it's impractical and/or inconceivable to invest that much time and interest in what is, really, someone else's game.

I discovered it fairly early in Campaign 1, so it's been just another weekly series for me.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun May 16, 2021 3:21 pm

I thought about the ridiculous hours I put into watching the entirety of shows like "The Waltons" and "Little House on the Prairie", but none of those episodes were 3-5 hours. :lol: I may consider just watching summaries & jumping in fresh with the 3rd campaign. Sounds like a solid idea to me.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri May 21, 2021 4:42 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I may consider just watching summaries

Not much like that for Campaign 1, unfortunately, but the animated series on Amazon Prime Video will effectively satisfy that need.

They're doing this for Campaign 2…

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1tiwbzkOjQy8yF8esjgVomDXKD-XmG20
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Mon May 24, 2021 12:30 pm

For Nayoko-Kihara and any others interested: Season 2 of Evil starts on Sunday, June 20th. The caveat is that it's now exclusively on Paramount+. :| It's only 9.99 a month so I think I'll bite the bullet since I actually like that show. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon May 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Moh: I was really excited about it, but I'll have to skip it for now. We aren't in the market to shell out for yet another service, my sister spots the bill for most of ours right now anyway. Might marathon it on a free trial once the whole season is complete though.

Celedam: Earlier today I was browsing new additions to one of the libraries I use, and this just happened to pop up: "Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins Series I & II Collection"

Maybe this will be an alright way to summarize my way through (part of?) S1? :lol: At the very least I feel like the universe is yelling at me now, so I'm putting a copy on hold for my nex library run.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project