7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby rikkikow » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:41 am

:rofl: I'll say!
Way better than any of the Japanese box sets I've bought and cheaper too! XD
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby Amped » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:31 pm

I needed a good laugh, so Gaki no Tsukai's Silent Library helped

Japanese Pranks compilation

Amped
High Priest

Postby esm » Tue May 05, 2020 7:19 am

Watched Never Have I Ever and I Am Not Okay With This this weekend, and they're typical Netflix teen dramas but I liked both. Also watched the first season of After Life, which I thought was really good. I love dark comedy.

Speaking of which, I'm super excited for season 2 of Dead to Me
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby erilaz » Thu May 07, 2020 9:31 am

While I've been sheltering in place, I've been watching Sliders from the beginning on Comet TV, and we're a little over halfway through the third season right now. Today we've reached the two-parter that introduces Maggie Becket (Kari Wuhrer) and Colonel Rickman (the Who's Roger Daltrey), as well as John Rhys-Davies' departure from the series, which is where many people think the series jumped the shark.

In today's episodes the Sliders go to a dimension where Oliver North is the President of the United States, and I've seen another one before, too. It's funny how important a figure he was back then. He's hardly a footnote in history now.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 pm

^ This is only tangentially related, but Oliver North being reduced to a footnote reminds me of a website that was trending a few days back, https://pudding.cool/2020/04/music-challenge/
It quizzes you on your familiarity with musical hits from a certain area, then groups the results based on your generation. It's weird how some songs, like for example an Usher hit, which were extremely popular in their time, are practically unknown to today's youth. And paradoxically there are some songs which have a kind of V-shaped popularity, they're better known to old folks and young folks than they are to people in the middle.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Thu May 07, 2020 1:25 pm

^ Interesting. I did best on the '70s and '80s, which doesn't surprise me, but I expected to do better on the '60s than I did. I fared rather poorly on the '90s, which is easy to explain, since my preferred music from that era tends to be "alternative" rather than pop hits.

Case in point: The last concert I attended before all the live music venues closed was Juliana Hatfield, who's well known in college radio circles, but was never Top 40 material. Her biggest hit, "My Sister", made it to #1 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart in 1993 but didn't make it into Billboard's Hot 100 at all.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby Celedam » Mon May 11, 2020 6:45 am

I just watched the first episode of Solar Opposites on Hulu…

https://www.hulu.com/series/solar-opposites-f089664b-1a87-433b-86a5-24e7da5a246a

…and now I can say with some confidence that it's not Justin Roiland who makes Rick and Morty great. :glare:
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Wed May 27, 2020 3:30 pm

I'm liking that new show DC's Stargirl. I don't know much about her in the comics, but she is cool.

Legends of Tomorrow was also entertaining today. The heroes were trapped in a TV reality.
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Fri May 29, 2020 1:46 am

^ I watched both of those this week. I'm enjoying Stargirl, too. The Friends, Downton Abbey, and Star Trek parodies on Legends of Tomorrow were amusing, but I suppose I would have understood more If i'd EVER watched Legends of Tomorrow before. XD
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby Celedam » Fri May 29, 2020 2:56 am

The continuity on Legends of Tomorrow is very complicated. Lots of characters, lots of time travel.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project