7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Rysaria » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:20 pm

I don't have friends and had to share this with someone, so I think this is the thread to do it in. With the gift of Reiw-errr, Reira and this little 'easter egg' of sorts, I'm liking this era already.

https://soranews24.com/2019/04/03/japan ... UKomBOcNgQ

TLDR; "Reiwa" kanji plotted as music notes sounds like Final Fantasy's Prelude.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Amped » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:55 am

Cobra Kai Season 2 trailer
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Celedam wrote:
Celedam wrote:
Celedam wrote:Hey, remember how I used to talk about Critical Role, where a bunch of nerdy-ass voice actors sit around and play Dungeons & Dragons?

Well…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalrole/critical-role-the-legend-of-vox-machina-animated-s

EDIT: It's now all over the financial and entertainment news sites for breaking a bunch of Kickstarter records. It passed $3 million — four times its goal — within the first eight hours.

Currently at $4.5 million after 24 hours.

$6.6 million after four and a half days.

Critical Role Team, After Record-Breaking Fan Crowdfunding Response, Vows to Make ‘The Best Goddamn Cartoon Anyone Has Ever Seen’
https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/critical-role-record-breaking-kickstarter-vox-machina-1203158561/

Tonight it passed its ultimate stretch goal of $8.8 million, which means that what started out as a single pilot episode will now be a 10-episode season, likely to be picked up by Netflix or Adult Swim.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:36 am

Oh boy, bringing back the Emperor. Now that is pretty exciting.

Ian McDiarmid appeared on stage at Star Wars Celebration as well.

Episode 8 wasn't really my thing but this looks quite promising.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:17 am

When I watched that teaser, I thought it was Mark Hamill doing his Joker laugh at the end, and I couldn’t figure out why. Someone else had to tell me it was the Emperor, because that possibility never occurred to me.

I don’t plan to see the movie when it is released. I enjoyed only two things about The Force Awakens: Daisy Ridley’s incredible charisma, and the return to real sets and practical effects as a repudiation of the prequels. Kudos to J. J. Abrams for that. Everything else about it felt wrong to me, however; it didn't just call back to A New Hope, it aped it. As for the others: I watched Rogue One on Netflix and was bored by it, and I haven’t watched either The Last Jedi or Solo.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Lol, I thought the same about Hamill doing an evil laugh. I thought for a moment it meant that he was "coming back wrong," i.e. returning as a deranged version of his former self. (Some would argue I guess that he already did that in TLJ.)

I'm definitely looking forward to this last episode. But the Emperor coming back, that's a real disappointment to me. Star Wars, just like Star Trek, the Orville (already!), and most other epic SF shows, seems to suffer from a weird small-town disease. Everyone knows each other, and keep running into each other as if they're residents of a small town. Even on our wee Earth it's rare to run into old friends when you travel halfway across the planet, or even halfway across a moderately sized city. Yes it happens, but it's a rare delightful surprise. The galaxy is many, many orders of magnitude larger than our globe. It's impossibly vast, and probably populated with hundreds of billions if not trillions of people. So it feels like poor imagination when out of all the literally millions of old discarded spaceships there must be in the Star Wars universe, someone just happens to run into the Millennium Falcon yet again, and their paths cross with R2D2 yet again. Oh look, here's old Lando, there goes ol' Palpy, what a cowinky-dink, huh? If our cast of characters is going to be so constricted, the movies might as well take place in a small town where it would make sense to keep crossing paths. Star Wars does get more of a pass for this than Trek etc. in that it can at least claim that "The Force" or "destiny" is shaping fate to bring these legendary characters back together yet again. But it still feels like weaksauce fan service. I really like Rey and Finn. I think I'd like them even more if they weren't bolted on to the unending Skywalker saga.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby JonCC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm

I still consider Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords to be the best Star Wars story ever told.
It was Obsidian taking a classic game and making it so much interesting (a process they'd repeat with Fallout: New Vegas).

Bioware's Odyssey engine is certainly showing it's age but with the restored content mod it's as close to the game it was meant to be.
Plus I love the "Old Republic" Era. Gets rids of a lot of baggage and lets them truly make their own story.
It's always less than 10€/$ on Steam as well.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 am

JonCC wrote:Oh boy, bringing back the Emperor. Now that is pretty exciting.

Celedam wrote:Someone else had to tell me it was the Emperor, because that possibility never occurred to me.

Zunu wrote:But the Emperor coming back, that's a real disappointment to me.

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:07 am

You can't tell the players without a program…

If you don't have time for that, here's a two-minute version from the official channel…

53 minutes to go, as I post this.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Here we go…

Game of Thrones S08E01 (14 Apr 2019)

A look back…

…and a look ahead…

So. Many. Reunions.

Spoiler: show
Arya and Gendry. That's the one I've been waiting for, and it did not disappoint. It actually upsets me a little that it's unlikely both of them will survive to the end, because to see something as hopeful and pure as that moment of flirting between them (or as much as Arya could manage; Gendry obviously wanted to talk more)… It just… I… <sigh>

I know, I know, this is what they mean when they say the ending will be bittersweet.

Where was Brienne, though? She was in the background in a couple scenes (e.g., when Sansa met Daenerys), but that's all. Are they saving her for the next episode, when Jaime meets everyone?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project