7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Celedam » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2: the battle to retake Shiganshina District and Wall Maria…

Part 1 started off a bit slow, with all of the political intrigue while Commander Erwin was under arrest and the remaining Scouts were in hiding, but it certainly finished strong. And those of us who have read the manga (or other spoilers) know what will happen in Part 2. Remember the flash-forward at the end of Part 1…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN43I-LNOCE
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Tonight on The Simpsons, Krusty made a movie of an "unfilmable" science fiction novel called The Sands of Space. I wouldn't bother mentioning it, if it weren't for the strange coincidence that just last night I watched a DVD of David Lynch's Dune, a movie I hadn't seen in over 30 years. :blink:

Plate of shrimp.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Sohee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:22 pm

I was the interpreter and translator for this interview that IGDB.com with "Yakuza" main voice actor and producer of the games. ^^
Please check it out if you're interested~

Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Hearing that voice casually come from an actual person is still a little weird. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 pm

That was awesome Sohee!
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:28 am

Bravo work Sohee! :flowers:
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Okay, so the films of Makoto Shinkai are beautiful and poetic, but they're all essentially the same story: boy and girl meet and become friends; boy and girl gradually fall in love; boy and girl become separated by an impossible distance, often with a sci-fi element but it's just a metaphor anyhow for growing up; boy and/or girl spend the rest of the film ruminating on their respective isolation, loneliness, nostalgia, and regret.

Sometimes there is a happy ending, sometimes there isn't, sometimes there is no ending at all and they merely… continue. But it's always essentially the same story.

Am I wrong?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:49 pm

Not having seen any of his stuff, I can't answer your question. But thanks for pointing that out because that type of theme is not my jam, so I'll make sure to avoid his stuff in general. In my community of friends there was a kind of must-see vibe to Kimi no Na Wa when it came out, and I felt a bit guilty about dodging my social obligation to support Japanese cinema, but now not so much.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:25 pm

From a year ago, when Altered Carbon was all the rage…

Celedam wrote:I love cyberpunk and have almost since the beginning (Sterling, Gibson, Jeter, Williams, Stephenson), but… <shrug> …I'm in no great hurry to watch that particular bit of cyberpunk. I still need to see Blade Runner 2049, and there's plenty of great anime/manga in the genre.

viewtopic.php?p=231944#p231944

Well, I finally watched Blade Runner 2049. Perfection. Even better than the original in many ways. One of the few films I've seen in many years that I now wish I'd seen in the theater.

I also loved Arrival. If Villeneuve manages a hat-trick with his Dune

In fact, I think Villeneuve might be the only director working today, maybe ever, who can really do justice to Dune. And I say that as someone who likes Lynch's Dune; it came close, but it was still very much a product of the '80s.

Damn.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:18 pm

I really should know better than to read YouTube comments. Especially when they're YouTube comments on the trailer for the upcoming Tolkien biopic....
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project