7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:37 am

I've been wanting to see the latest season of Macross, thinking it would be simple. But then I went to try and find it and learned the dark truth that Macross may just never been seen in America because of legal issues.

It's pretty sad really. And totally confusing! D:
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am

A reminder that Season 2 of The Gifted starts this Tuesday, Sep 25…

So… Morlocks?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Celedam wrote:"…but that's another show."

https://www.facebook.com/altonbrown/videos/1465203603509243/

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:43 am

Started watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. The first two episodes were okay, but it started getting pretty ridiculous I'm just finishing it for the sake of completion now. I'm really bothered by how it seems like it wants to be set in the 60s (like the comic books) with the aesthetics, and it could be set in a later decade without modern technology... but then you see a laptop, then references to more contemporary figures like Neil Gaiman, ...then in one episode someone's talking on a smartphone.

There are enough horror elements for a horror show, but it's still overall a coming-of-age teen show with a lot of (most of the time comical) Satan worshipping. There's also a lot of forced diversity, and almost every other scene at Sabrina's human school involves her and her friends pushing some sort of left-wing political agenda. I feel like it's just a very confused show lol. Kiernan Shipka is great though.

It's still not as ridiculous as Riverdale. I used to watch that show with my friends just to make fun of it.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Chatin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:05 am

Because of who Sabrina is, her character and the supporting cast can do and get away with things that are ridiculous for the Riverdale cast. I’m excited to watch more.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Celedam » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:18 am

"It's like if The Beatles were produced by Nickelback…"

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:51 am

If I knew then, what I know now…

(translation: "massive spoilers if you're not caught up.")

Five months to go, and probably a trailer within the next month.

By the way, that is an excellent channel for theories about and explanations of all of Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire. I recommend subscribing, if haven't done so already.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 pm

From a while ago…

Celedam wrote:"Hello everyone and welcome to Critical Role, where a bunch of us nerdy-ass voice actors sit around and play Dungeons & Dragons."

It's much better than you might think. The key is that they're all veteran voice actors who commit to their characters when it matters, which produces some great comedy and drama. And that's on top of the normal group dynamics of a bunch of friends doing something they enjoy. This is reality television for geeks.

The art, wikias, and whatnot produced by the fan community are outstanding as well. The whole thing is comparable to the idol fan community.

viewtopic.php?p=210697#p210697

Anyhow, I know I'm still the only one here who watches this, but this new intro (just debuted a few minutes ago) is too good not to share…

Sung by Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson, accompanied by other members of the cast.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:32 am

"Don't feel bad about this — part of the journey is the end."

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 am

I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Extended Edition last night because it's expiring off of Netflix (sensing a trend?), and I gotta say that I don't see what the fuss is all about. Maybe it's a great achievement in Swedish filmmaking, but as a mystery/thriller in its own right… meh.

While there were many aggravating plot holes and clichés, the one that ultimately ruined it for me was…

Spoiler: show
They determined early on that Harriet was looking across the street at someone else during the Children's Parade, and they did the detective work to find a photo of that reverse angle. That was fine — clever, even. But once they had that photo, they never thought to show it to Henrik and ask him if he recognized the man in the blue sweater? Henrik told them at the beginning that he believed the murderer was someone else in the family, and he should have been able to recognize his nephew Martin — Martin, who had lived near Henrik for his entire life and had succeeded Henrik as the leader of the family/company. Henrik would have recognized Martin even in a blurry, decades-old photo like that.

I know Henrik was supposedly incapacitated by a heart attack for the middle part of the movie, but a heart attack is not a stroke or a coma. He was awake and aware and back at home within a week or two. Just a week or two in the middle of an investigation that took several months. Seasons changed, for crying out loud. And they never showed him that photo?

No, I don't buy it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project