7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Sohee » Fri May 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Watched Godzilla.
It was good. Better than I expected it to be.
Could do without the hero tbh lol.
Also.
Spoiler: show
Godzilla was so damn adorable ;o; omg. <3 Loved the ending and how they (Hollywood) actually let him live and didn't make him the bad guy or anything, yay. <3
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Zunu » Sat May 17, 2014 3:39 am

Celedam wrote:Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I just watched the season finale (thanks, Aereo).

Garrett's fate was satisfyingly Whedon-esque.

That, so much. I'll admit I totally fell for the head fake. The seeming expense of that brief scene is what sold it for me. On the whole, I also have to concede they did a better job with the Ward character than I initially thought. I assumed they were going to "triple agent" him. That didn't happen. I assumed they were going to somehow redeem him. That didn't happen either, although they have made him conflicted and slightly sympathetic. He's still a human being. (Actually more of a human being than the wooden good guy he was at the beginning of the season.) Ming-Na still doesn't do it for me but whatever, not all characters can be all things for all people. There are loose ends: some good, some bad. I like that they're leaving the fate of Fitz in the air. I don't like that they're still dragging out the Skye mystery. Seriously, these long drawn-out puzzles aren't as interesting as WhedonCo thinks they are. I like that Triplett has stuck around. I really like that they didn't kill off Raina. :heart: The Patton Oswalt bit was a small thing but it gave me a chuckle. I don't really like that Coulson's now supposedly the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. You can't realistically be the top brass and be a day-to-day field agent, so if Grark Clegg's still running around guns a-blazin' next season, I'm gonna call shenanigans. Overall though, things finished on a high note. The show started as maybe a 6. Went down to a 3. And ended at least a 7, maybe 8. A real jet coaster.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Sat May 17, 2014 10:34 am

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
North American anime distributor Viz Media announced after its Anime Central panel on Friday that it licensed the original Sailor Moon magical girl anime franchise. The streaming, digital, and home video licenses include all 200 episodes from the five television series, the three feature films, and the assorted tie-in specials. This will include the first North American release of the final television series, Sailor Moon Sailor Stars.

Viz is offering the franchise without edits in its original uncropped 4:3 aspect ratio, with the original Japanese names, story elements, and relationships. It is also producing an uncut English dub with a new voice cast.

Viz aims to release the franchise digitally with English subtitles starting this summer, followed by the English dub starting in late 2014. It also plans DVD and Blu-ray/DVD combo releases in half-season sets starting this fall.

The first four television anime episodes will stream with English subtitles on Viz Media's NeonAlley.com service and the Hulu Plus service on Monday. Two more episodes will then debut every Monday ("Moon-day," as Viz's representatives deemed it).

Viz will celebrate "Sailor Moon Day" on Saturday, July 5 at Anime Expo. Viz will host panels with announcements of the new dub cast and staff, as well as what Viz hopes will be the world's largest Sailor Moon cosplay gathering.

Viz notes that the above trailer features a preview of the voice actress for Sailor Moon in the new dub. Takeuchi personally approved the new dub's cast.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat May 17, 2014 12:02 pm

What. :crying: That makes me ridiculously happy. I know what's going on my Christmas list this year.

I'll finally be able to own it in subtitle format, and I will finally be able to make my sister watch it to the end without swapping to the old English dub because she somehow slipped into nostalgic memories three episodes in on her own. :heart:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun May 18, 2014 3:16 am

Viz did a truly beautiful job with the RANMA ½ blu-ray release so hopefully this will turn out similarly.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Amped » Sun May 18, 2014 4:19 pm

saw Gozilla too. it was good, but the pacing was a bit slow. too much dialogue.

Pacific Rim had an even balance of dialogue then action then funny, repeat.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Mon May 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Godzilla came off as a serious homage to monster movies of the 50's. Not so effects driven, rather somber, and with a real feel of monsters being an extension of the natural world gone awry due to the meddling of humanity. It completely ignored the last 30 years of anime tropes, whereas Pacific Rim was all about the typical mecha story. They were both enjoyable, but I think Godzilla left more of an impact with me. Although, I'd rather see PR2 than G2. I know a sequel's coming, but it's really unnecessary.

Anyway, anybody remember that really old Japanese Flash game, Nanaca Crash, where an anime guy crashes into a girl on his bike, she punches him sky high, and he keeps bouncing and rolling around for points? Just out of the blue, I was reminiscing about it, and I decided to look it up on Google Play. By a bizarre coincidence, the game happened to have just came out on Android and iOS less than a week ago.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Moh » Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 pm

I used to play that all the time. Now I can put it on my tablet. :lol: :fear:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby resop2 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:25 pm