7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby stam4o » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 pm

I have it pendent. I'm not sure it could reach Slam Dunk's level but it does look interestng.
I know that MAL's scoring is pretty messed up, but it works out well, after all it's the best website out there for you to get an idea of how things are.
I mean, even One Piece and Last Exile are still underrated but for being so massive, the averages are decent.
Ah yeah and Monster is not overrated. Absolutely not.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Celedam » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:24 pm

COMBO BREAKER!

"The most weird thing I've had to do this season is to bite off a man's ear and spit it in his face — HAHAHAHAHA!"

You'll want to set aside some time for this one. It's 14+ minutes on its own, and you will replay it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby mura_yo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 pm

considering what happens in the second half of ASOS , this season should be awesome.
what happened Jamie's beautiful hair :sad:
mura_yo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Gaki-san,Eripon

Postby esm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:36 am

I'm happy The Walking Dead is back. Ever since the beginning of this season, I've been watching Talking Dead, which comes right after it too, and it's interesting to hear some of the commentaries on the series (plus to see how some of the actors/actresses speak in real life... like how Michonne would never actually talk that fast, ever).

Spoiler: show
Carl eating that huge can of pudding was disgusting. I already hate pudding.

I kind of like these episodes where they focus on just 1-2 characters though, like how this one just focuses on Carl and Michonne. I love the part at the end when Michonne found Rick and Carl.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby iceymoon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:- Candy Candy (The life of an orphan girl named Candy.)

:crying: i think i love you! this series shaped me as a person, but i RARELY encounter anybody who has even heard of it. granted, it's old and i was like 7 when i started watching it so maybe nowadays it may not have the same impact, but the manga is still amazing.

it really has nothing to do with slice of life, it's a very dramatic story. but the protagonist is cheerful and optimistic despite her pain, so it gets plenty of light moments. but really, it's just.. an amazing story and i wish everyone could experience it. full of laughter and tears. it needs to be adapted into a stage play or something, it's a downright masterpiece in the vein of Ribbon no Kishi imo. :heart:
iceymoon

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:57 pm

^ I still haven't finished it myself, but I got a good ways into it. Definitely on my list of series to return to and completely finish.
-----

Animation anecdotes are so much fun. :heart:

When Disney was making the classic animated feature, “Pinocchio” (1940), the studio had to solve
the problem of how to make Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket
sound as if they were underwater when they talked during their search for Gepetto.
Dick Jones who voiced Pinocchio nearly drowned when he tried to read his lines lying on his back while a director
poured water in his mouth. (After several similar experiments, they determined they could put a filter on the
microphone to muffle the sound so it sounded like talking underwater.)
-- Jim Korkis
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:21 pm

I've been meaning to watch Candy Candy. One day...

The opening is catchy.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby iceymoon » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:34 pm

RIGHT IN THE FEELS
iceymoon

Postby stam4o » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:50 am

Hw the hell almost anybody has never heard of it? Wtf, it's like super-famous. Even like one of the most famous animes of all time O_O
And I think I never finished to watch it when litlle (I see why now, it has 115 apisodes XD) I may in the future though! It's good :)
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby BerryzCelebration » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Starra wrote:The Negima anime is a terrible adaptation and is not representative of the manga in any way. Except for the OADs, but those adapt random chapters and don't have a cohesive storyline. And are probably confusing if you don't read the manga.

So, basically, if you're interested in Negima!: read the manga. Avoid the anime at all costs, and only watch the OADs after you've read it. There's also the pseudo sequel, UQ Holder!, which is at about 20-something chapters at the moment and is really good.

To this day I'm still pissed that Zazie was the only classmate who never got her own chapter. She was the best.

I read the manga before XD. It was better than the anime. The anime was lacking something, that to this very day, I still can't find.

Zazie and Mana were the best. They should have got more attention.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project