7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Denki » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:55 pm

stam4o wrote:I know the feeling of reading and reading untill you realize it's already night, and you find yourself at 4 a.m. with rings n the eyes but trembling of emotion .... aaahhh it's so great!

My middle and high school years used to be the same XD, I got to read every manga that the town libraries had. The problem was that most of them were incompleted due to money of because they were still being published in Japan, but that's how my list kep growing and growing. At some point during the last 2 years I actually found that there was manga uploaded to internet xD (it took me time!) and then I started to finish all that I had started. Or at least is what I'm trying, but now instead of continuing them from the point I left them in the past I start them from fresh :P, there are series I've done this with for aboutt 3-4 times, re-reading and re-reading... (actually it's fun :) ) and there are also many series I've re-read because of it's greatness, sometimes you just feel attracted....

So true. xD (Though dark circles is something hereditary to me.) Thank god it wasn't 100+ chapters or something. I can imagine myself sleeping during class from lack of sleep. Gah, I had to read a less-exiting series to fall asleep. :mikihead: It worked!

I never stepped into my town library. Instead, I just went to the bookstore every weekend and started reading their selection. After reading a bunch, I almost always left with a volume in my hands. The series I most likely my priority in collecting was Fruits Basket. I already watched anime online at that time (I remember trying to find episodes of Sailor Moon in english. oh, how much I failed back then), so when someone gave me a like to an extinct site called One Manga, I started reading more in a much rapid pace. Coincidentally, the first series I read from that site was Furuba. So technically, since the volumes of Fruits Basket didn't released fast enough, I had to go read everything online.

I don't really like re-reading a lot. Mostly since there is way to much series out there. I only do so if I forgot what the series was about, so I start all over from the beginning, or I bought the volumes of a series I already completed reading. (I feel like owning it makes me take my time. lol)

Oh, I did ended up making a new list design.
CHAYU~~~
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Starra » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm bad with reading manga... I prefer watching anime, actually. Not sure why.

I mean, I read a few weekly series (Hayate, Kaminomi, UQ Holder!), but generally I don't.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby stam4o » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:52 am

I prefer reading than watching, basically because by drawing, each autor can choose the best way to express what he wants to, or what he feels he might express. It usually comes naturally, autors don't need to mean to do this or that, they just go on with the drawing and the concepts are developed by themselves. Anime is a massive cooperation where people do a defined part od the wor, and so they can't view the entire piece while in the process of creating it. SO most of the concepts tend to fade away or to get blurred.
I mean, I'm not saying anime is bad but when it's an anime version of a manga this happens a lot. And vicecersa too, manga versions of anime are quite bad too usually.
And when it comes to original creations, the anime world doesn't have the variety the manga world has.
That's why I have to look carefully when choosing a series to watch, but when it comes to read a manga volume, I could pick it up without knowing anything about what's inside and I would enjoy it greatly at most of the cases.
I recommend to all you Bakuman - it has manga & anime versions - it explains a lot about the manganime world and the points in common and the differences between these 2 genres. It gives you a good image of how everything works and you can easily extract your own conlusions by what's explained in there.
For example, you get to know that manga is so diverse and so meticulously created basically because of the great competitivness and pressure mangakas are submitted to.

Now, when it comes to reading I prefer to have the volume in my hands (so I could smell the paper XD) rather than reading it everything online. That's why I watch a lot of anime too. (well, and other tv shows too )

And yeah, I'm not too much on re-reading either, for example I wouldn't do it on the week or month I've read this or that volume, because as you (Denki) said there's so much more out there and the desire to take your eyes on new things is the strongest thing ever, but when it coms t 3-4 years, sometimes you just want to fell the same again and get to re-read something....

Yah, now your list is so cool, I love so much these images :love:
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby boinsie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:16 am

esm wrote:There's probably a ton of weed growing in my city in Animal Crossing because I haven't played it in almost 2 weeks.

You can tell Isabella you'll be gone for awhile and I think it puts the game into stasis, jsyk...
Chatin wrote:X/Y can wait.

Who are you. :cry:
boinsie
Guru

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:50 am

I'm waiting for to get it too XD.
wotakubrandon

Postby esm » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 am

I pre-ordered X.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Chatin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:52 am

I pre-ordered both, but we don't get mail on weekends in Canada, and Monday is Thanksgiving.. so I'll be seeing them on Tuesday. :lol:
Chatin
Minion

Postby Amped » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:37 pm

if you can't wait to play it, Tetra Ninja started playing it already

the graphics!

Amped
High Priest

Postby Starra » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Been playing it for the last couple of hours. It's super fun.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Yattaruchan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:59 am

For anyone interested, I created a video that basically, as a whole has nothing to do with H!P, as it is an opening sequence I did for an episode of my friend's retro video game reviews YouTube channel.

This episode was James Bond themed, and my friend has no interest in H!P (or Jpop) at all. I do, and I snuck in a bit of Musume love into it, at roughly the 1:50 mark.

I did the video over a year ago, but uploaded only the opening sequence just recently. So, I was hoping to share it with the others here if anyone's interested in it. Couldn't think of a better place to post this.

[youtube]FQi2_2Z2YBE[/youtube]
Yattaruchan
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project