7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Starra » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 am

All this gaming discussion makes me feel bad that I don't play games XD. It's mostly a lack of money, tbh. Games are one of the few things I'd rather but than pirate. Unless I can play them easily on my computer (like The Sims), that is :fear: . I dunno -- I just feel that I'd rather spend the little money I have on more necessary things. If I had more money, I'd try more games. I'd probably just stick to (3)DS stuff since quite a lot of console games are FPS/war games. And I'm absolutely terrible at any games that involve a gun/shooting people.

Puzzle games will forever be my favourites. I also enjoy games where you can build your own stuff as well.

And I have to admit that dress up games are my guilty pleasure :fear: . I'm not even into fashion nor am I that girly -- I just love dress up games. I don't even know why.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Rm88 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:13 am

I don't advocate piracy but I think emulation is pretty harmless, if sometime you're really in the mood for some gaming just download an emulator and a couple of ROMs (not a lot of them, you'll end up not really playing them XD ) and you're set. You can try some Kirby games, Kirby was pretty much designed to be beginner-friendly and they're very well made platformers with great level design, music and visuals. I'd recommend starting with Kirby's Adventure on NES, or Kirby's Dream Land 3 on SNES.

Image Image

And I share your puzzle game love! It's truly one of the best genres, but sadly currently ignored in favor of tech-heavy games that focus on visuals. Stuff like Tetris, Puyo or Puzzle Bobble is timeless.
---

I can't contain the hype for the 3DS version of Smash Bros. - I mean, both, but handheld Smash Bros. is going to be glorious. Can't wait! And so far it looks amazing for a 3DS game:

Image Image
Image Image
Rm88

Postby SaebaRyo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:29 am

Rm88 wrote:Stuff like Tetris, Puyo or Puzzle Bobble is timeless.

How can you forget to mention this.
[youtube]sMU7ehp0UeA[/youtube]
Whatever name it goes by (Tetris Attack, Panel de Pon, Puzzle League etc) it is still the greatest 2 plyer puzzle game ever. DS version is by far the best because of the stylus.
Hoping Nintendo will make a 3DS version.

And speaking of Kirby, Hal/Nintendo when will you make an updated version of the Checker Board Chase mini-game.
[youtube]NrC3IPbNPpw[/youtube]
SaebaRyo

Postby esm » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:11 am

I LOVE Panel de Pon, like the music and characters and everything. :lol:

On emulation, I think at this point SNES and GBA (and older stuff) are okay. I've never tried any other than those two though. It could be borderline cheating if you really abuse the fact that you can save your game anywhere, but it's not like you'd be tempted to do so to the point you're ruining the games.

Random, but I really love Märchen Adventure Cotton 100% (SNES). I usually don't like shooting games at all, but I've played this one so many times. Ugh, this video makes me nervous because the person would stop shooting at times while moving around when you could just keep holding the shoot button and never have the monsters get too close to you.

The music is amazing too. :fear:

[youtube]OheFjpPj4sM[/youtube]

Oh, I got my 3DS and Animal Crossing, so just let me get used to it and all. :lol:
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Starra » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Rm: I think I played a Kirby game forever ago on my friend's GameBoy Colour. Which is kinda ironic, because I don't think the game had much colour :fear: .

My problem with pirating games is that most of the Mac emulators are shit. If I had a computer that could actually play games, I would. My computer at home is about 5-6 years old now and it only has 2GB or so of RAM, because it literally cannot be upgraded anymore. My dad's one (that I'm using now) is much better, but I still don't think emulators would work that well on it.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Chatin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I was running SNES emulators in 2000. I doubt you'll have issues with your current hardware. :lol:
Chatin
Minion

Postby Starra » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

I mean more like console emulators and stuff.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Chatin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Starra wrote:I mean more like console emulators and stuff.
Since when is the Super Nintendo not THE console? :miki:
Chatin
Minion

Postby esm » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:58 pm

If you can play The Sims like you mentioned on top of this page, I don't see why you can't run SNES emulators. They're like 2-4 MB, and the ROMs are about the same or less (I forgot how big they are). Did you try Snes9x?

---

I played the demo of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy just now. I want the full thing now. :fear: Mostly just picked up and sold stuff in Animal Crossing because I didn't see a lot else I could do late at night.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Parhelion69 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Fukuda Kanon playing the Last of US, it was interesting seeing her playing that, first scared, and then let's kick some ass! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Qh0#t=784s
Parhelion69
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project