7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Chatin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am

The third challenger unveiled for the new Smash... ridiculous! :miki: Great intro vid, though.
Spoiler: show
[youtube]lBoL1Ic9uWw[/youtube]
Chatin
Minion

Postby randompasserby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 am

Zunu wrote:It's now coming out that the PS4 is gonna leave DRM policy up to the individual developer. In other words, that commercial is a bit deceptive, the loose resale policy is just for first party titles.

Coming out? It's been exactly that way this current gen too and since maintaining status quo is what most of the fans are clamoring about, I still count that as a win.
Developers (publishers most likely) put restrictions on their games at their own risk, whether it's online passes or region locking.
Pro-tip : avoid those pubs like the plague

Not to beat on a dead horse but meanwhile at Microsoft...
Spoiler: show
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/silmon/xbox-one-e3-2013--the-xbox-one-strategy--stream-
Keighley:"Did you know or did you anticipate the way the people would push back?"
Mattrick:"Absolutely - it's a super passionate community of people... till you use it [Xbox One] it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Mattrick: "The avarage internet connection is working the majority of the day - people are imagining that it isn't... It's change. There was a point in time when people would say all i want my phone to do is make a phonecall."

Ahahahahahahaha :swear: :burns:

Also, the Microsoft Points fiasco.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-a ... retire-faq
How does this change affect me?
You will begin using local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency) to buy music, games, videos, and more from your favorite Xbox stores. When you use your existing Microsoft Points to initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card with your Microsoft account later this year, we’ll deposit into your account an amount of money equal to or greater than the marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The purchased funds you deposit into your account after the transition will not expire. However, the funds we deposit into your account at the time of the transition will expire one year from the deposit date.

It's all so needlessly complicated just to play the darned thing and now this? It's frikkin highway robbery.

Watching on sidelines with a bemused expression doesn't cut it anymore... all aboard the MS hate train :mikihead:
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Zunu » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 am

The point being that in the commercial, they make it appear that all PS4 used games will be able to be given away, when actually they are going to only be able to certify that from their own studios' games, not from other publishers.

As far as MS goes, what's the big deal. I don't own an Xbox now nor am I planning on getting one, but it seems like what they're saying is, guess what guys, we're switching to real money now. Anybody who still has any "points" has a year to redeem them. What's complicated about that?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby randompasserby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am

True, theoretically they can't guarantee all used games would be able to be traded or given away like that. Practically though, given the identical current policy and the very small percentage of games that fall under such restrictions form devs/pubs in the current gen, I still think it's very understandable overpass.
Only time will tell if they're deserving of such understandings though... if they know something we don't about the majority of devs/pubs plans of implementing their own DRM and intentionally mislead us, I'll bring out the pitchforks then too.

I was referring to all those policies and fine prints you have to read for what used to be a simple process by the complicated comment.
As for MSP, oh I don't know... maybe people who saved up all those points hoping for better deals in the future don't like suddenly getting told that they'll have to use it up before a certain date before it all evaporated into thin air? Also felt like a cheap underhanded way to boost early sales and that's just... slimy.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
randompasserby
Devotee

Postby Pavlova » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

GUYS

GUYS

I HAVE ANIMAL CROSSING
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

お誕生日おめでとう、パーヴィーちゃん!

Postby Zunu » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:11 am

^ Lol, we're not fighting. Just guy-ing. :thumbs-up:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby randompasserby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 am

Wait what xD Otan ome! :cake:

I hate all the memes associated with pc gaming and I enjoyed a lot of Nintendo games and products just fine in the past but somehow... Idk I just can't get seem to get into it now. Probably the fact that I mostly play single player and there are way too many social games in Nintendo :P

edit--- just made my daily rounds of e3 news, they clarified it early. good for them.
http://allthingsd.com/20130611/five-que ... k-tretton/
AllThingsD: First off, people seemed really excited at last night’s [Sony PlayStation] event when you announced the no-DRM policy, which would allow for freer sharing of games. But this morning there was still confusion, and some countered that there are restrictions on game sharing. Can you offer a simple explanation for how this will work with the PS4?

Any game that is made for PS4 that is physical goods, whether first-party or third-party, can go into a PS4 and play regardless of where it came from. The first player will play it, no problem, the second player will play it, no problem. What I was referring to was the online proposition. [The example was later given to me: If you buy a used disc from GameStop, you’ll have no problem popping that disc in and playing it from your PlayStation 4. The issue may arise when you try to jump online and play with other players. At that point, a third-party publisher may impose a fee or not allow that.]

The easiest way to explain it is — if you understand how it works on PlayStation 3, then that’s the same way it will work on PlayStation 4. No changes there. We’ve been out for six and a half years. It’s the same experience.
So the only power third party have over any restrictions on PS4 games are online access. Game sharing and used games DRM is guaranteed to be an untouchable issue. Now let's wait and see if Sony can keep their word on this issue ...and whether EA will come back with the online passes or not.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
randompasserby
Devotee

Postby Amped » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 pm

i want to play this so badly. i need to sell my Xbox 360 for some extra cash

[youtube]LBilT83Uq4A[/youtube]
Amped
High Priest

Postby Pavlova » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm

You should have time. I doubt this is coming out super soon.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby wotakubrandon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:55 pm

It might be another 7 years lol. It looks good though. Action RPGs have been working my nerves for the past several years but that looks really really good.
wotakubrandon

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project