7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Starra » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not even going to buy one of the new consoles, I'm just laughing at Microsoft for failing so much.

Also man I really need a 3DS.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Zunu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Don't really understand why MS has such a hard-on for DRM. It killed their PlaysForSure, it was a total waste when they forced ProectedVideoPath into Windows, this trading/reselling bullshit is going to destroy the Xbox One if they don't backtrack. They keep saying that developers and IP creators are forcing this on them, but other companies have managed to stand up for their customers. I doubt I'll buy a console anyway; I barely touch my PS3 as it is, but strong competition is good for consumers; not one company slowly committing suicide through one bone-headed move after another.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Chatin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Just preordered 12 games at Futureshop. E3 preorder sales are wonderful. Still have five titles holding over from last year's preorders too. Once the PS3 titles and the new Nintendo announcements tomorrow go up, I'll preorder some more. :miki:

EDIT: Colour me disappointed that Infamous is 2014. We'll have to see what is actually launching with the PS3. I'm not really interesting in cross gen entries of Assassins Creed and Call of Duty as my launch titles.
Chatin
Minion

Postby resop2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm not someone who goes out to buy a console to play games but the Xbox 360 is one console that I could not wait to NOT buy. For the thing to work at all you must have the HD video camera turned on and MS does not give any guarantees that these streams will not be monetized (sold to the highest bidder).
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Rm88 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 pm

BTW, wow at Vita's situation. Support for PS3 stomps all over the support for Vita, is it bound to never take off?
Rm88

Postby randompasserby » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 pm

^x2 that'd be the Xbone, I think. 360 does not require kinect to play.

^Remote play using Vita sounds interesting but we've yet to see anything concrete about it so there's that. Vita did alright though around here so I'm not even sure why it was written off as a failure so quickly to begin with other than Sony's lack of initial push.

I'm a PC + PS guy from the start so watching the Xbone trainwreck saga has been incredibly entertaining(with a tinge of apprehension ofc) I'm kinda sad it's over so decisively like that xD. Mind you it'll most likely still sell by the millions but by and large their rep with the core gamer demography is taint. Looking forward to see for all the apologist who justified it by playing the victim card to the publishers and the cocky trolls declaring Sony would do exactly the same to eat crow on forums and "game journalism" site alike :whistling:
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Chatin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Rm88 wrote:BTW, wow at Vita's situation. Support for PS3 stomps all over the support for Vita, is it bound to never take off?

My preorder count is up to 15 and none are for the Vita. Even FFX/X-2 HD I decided to go PS3, instead.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Rm88 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:09 pm

^ See? :lol:

Vita is not performing well in any territory. Japan, AKA handheld-land, doesn't care one bit about it. Last time I checked it was selling below Dreamcast, no gaming system ever has recovered from such bad early numbers. Still, because I favor handhelds over consoles, I was hoping for it to make a comeback eventually... and not as a PS4 controller. Again, it's just inexcusable that PS3 got way, WAY more attention than Vita.
Rm88

Postby Zunu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:12 pm

resop2 wrote:I'm not someone who goes out to buy a console to play games but the Xbox 360 is one console that I could not wait to NOT buy. For the thing to work at all you must have the HD video camera turned on and MS does not give any guarantees that these streams will not be monetized (sold to the highest bidder).

You don't have to have the Kinect turned on. Just connected. Essentially it's part of the console. Like a webcam is part of every phone, tablet and laptop made in the past 5 years. There are plenty of things to criticize the Xbox One about, but the mere fact that it has a built-in camera is not IMO a problem.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:16 pm

^ Doesn't the Kinect technically still stay sort-of on so it can listen for that little random "Xbox on" vocal command?
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project