7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby questorminator » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:39 pm

My problem with Square Enix over VII is that in the movie Advent Children, Cloud regresses into this messed up hero instead of the like-able one we last saw in the ending of the game. And they never really explained how he suddenly became Sephiroth-like powerful. I actually liked it, but it was never explained how he became like that. Other than that, I want to remember VII for the game than the movie or the other spin-off games it spawned (although I did like Cloud's costume in AC).

IX is probably the last time the franchise returned to its roots. Just a simple, magical story that isn't too complicated and wasn't trying to be too cool. It was the last FF in PS1 and a bit underrated too. But the story is really enjoyable. I haven't had anything to complain about it. All FFs from X straight to FF-XIII 2 I have issues with one thing or another. But IX is a simple, enjoyable, if a bit underrated experience.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Parhelion69 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

Yeah, IX is the most underrrated one of the final fantasies.

My personal ranking:

VI (FF 3 in the US, the one I played) Best videogame music ever. Emotional and dark story, great characters, gameplay, etc. You name it
VII Love Sephiroth, Cloud, Eris, Tifa, etc. Great characters, epic story, great visuals and music. This game changed JRPGs forever.
XII a big departure from the series, but a good one. The main character was boring (the "leading man" was the real main! :hehe: )
IV loved the characters as well. A little simple on some things, but great overall. Cecil is one of the best characters in FF.
VIII The love story was forced, but liked Squall and Seifer. Don't care about Rinoa. A fun ride though.
X Tidus was so-so, but Yuna and Auron were top-notch. Hatted Rikku. I was amazed at the visuals.
IX The underrated one. It was fun, but the music was a tad below VIII imo
V I don't understand the hype behind this one? XD It's pretty good, even for a FF, but many call it the best... I don't really think so. Gigalmesh was funny though
III rather simplistic, but I played it on NintendoDS so graphics were nice.
I I liked it when I was a kid, but couldn't finish it (rented it)
II Can't remember much about it? It was a more complex FF I, but didn't feel it much different from it, so... BTW I played both of these first two games on PSP
XIII It may seem a bit unfair to call it the worst one, but it made me lose interest and hope in the series, so I guess it deserves it? :hehe: (to be fair, graphics were awesome)

I didn't bother with the online versions :D
Parhelion69
Minion

Postby esm » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 am

I've only played some of the older ones... IV, V, VI, and Mystic Quest.

VI was totally a huge inspiration to my life and all when I was in middle school.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby questorminator » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:34 am

^
Aaaaah yes, Final Fantasy VI. Figuring out how to beat Kefka took me almost a year. I can't remember how I did it but I did. It was the only time I cried after beating a video game (Sephiroth killing Aeris wasn't the ending so it doesn't count).
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Starra » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 pm

I've, uh, never played a Final Fantasy game. Yet I can still recognise some of the characters (like Cloud and Tiffa) because they're all over the Internet.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby wotakubrandon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Starra OMG go play literally anyone of the main games or Tactics.
wotakubrandon

Postby Rm88 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:33 pm

TACTICS.

For real. Heck, if you have a DS or GBA you can play Tactics A2 and Tactics Advance respectively, which are not as great as Tactics but still pretty awesome.

Gaffgarion is the best FF character BTW.
Rm88

Postby boinsie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Tactics Advance and Tactics Advance 2 are both very good. I hear real Tactics is hard as hell. I don't want my guys to die for good!! T^T
boinsie
Guru

Postby Rm88 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:40 pm

That's true. In that case, I recommend Tactics Advance or A2 :lol: Tactics 1 can be pretty brutal.

If anyone is interested, it looks like Tactics 1 is on sale on iOS, I didn't know it was even on iOS. Playing on PS1 or PSP is obviously recommended, though.
Rm88

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm

The only FF games I ever played were "Final Fantasy X-2" on the PS2, and.. I think it was "Final Fantasy III" on the DS.

I never finished either of them though. When I got X-2 it was fun for me at first, but I got bored of.. searching for shiny things on an island or something? I don't really remember (I was pretty obsessed with the opening sequence for a while though). In III I kept dying in the same battle over and over again so I quit and never picked it back up.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project