7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Rm88 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 am

I'm hyped for E3. Because really, can companies afford to NOT have interesting presentations? WiiU is dead, Xbox One got a really bad reception from gaming sites and PS4... well, I guess PS4 did alright but in my eyes it also has no games - understandably (and Vita -is- dead as well).

Also, lol, Square Enix. They're too busy making phone games these days, if you're expecting more from them you're doing it wrong.
Rm88

Postby Celedam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Game of Thrones

Spoiler: show
Zunu wrote:Not exactly a spoiler, but even though it's been a while since I read that book, I would say that that was pretty true to the way it was written. Unfortunately. I kinda would like them to switch things up a little bit.

Having Talisa (nee Jeyne Westerling) be pregnant, at the wedding, and flirting with Robb was a bit of a switch-up. It helped to reinforce that Robb was lost in love and no longer thinking strategically, and it also made the whole thing that much more tragic.

Blackfish wasn't supposed to be there, either, so having him step out at just the right moment but still be in the area offers some possibilities.

On another note, I'm disappointed that not many of the professional reviewers understood the look that Roose Bolton gave Catelyn. Most of those reviewers apparently think he was being snarky or cruel, but in fact he was saying with that look, "This was inevitable, and you know it."
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Celedam wrote:Game of Thrones

Zunu wrote:Not exactly a spoiler, but even though it's been a while since I read that book, I would say that that was pretty true to the way it was written. Unfortunately. I kinda would like them to switch things up a little bit.

Having Talisa (nee Jeyne Westerling) be pregnant, at the wedding, and flirting with Robb was a bit of a switch-up.

Oh, right. True, that entire Talisa setup was different, and properly so, imo. Plain Jeyne, whom Robb bedded and obligatorily wed made a kind of sense for a Boy King foolishly following the course of "honor" set by his loins; but a believable adult Robb would need a more compelling romantic foil to account for his lapse in judgment. I didn't really like Talisa at first tbh but she grew on me. And once she was pregnant, unfortunately they had to kill her to reconcile the timelines. I just wish that they had reiterated a little more clearly the timeless custom of guest right; it's the only thing that really accounts for how the Starks could have so tragically let their guard down.

Anyway, the adherence to the overall storyline is depressing me a bit because one of the characters I don't care for in the book is Catelyn. I'd really prefer if this were the end of her.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Game of Thrones

Big spoiler for non-readers, so don't click if you think we're only talking about the latest episode…

Zunu wrote:Anyway, the adherence to the overall storyline is depressing me a bit because one of the characters I don't care for in the book is Catelyn. I'd really prefer if this were the end of her.

In my mind, Catelyn Stark and Lady Stoneheart are two different characters. Lady Stoneheart is essentially a revenant.

Does it really matter, though? We won't see her again for three more seasons.
Last edited by Celedam on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Australian Masterchef has started up again!
After being initially super turned-off by all the adverts they were going about how this year it's a battle of the sexes, it turns out that they're not playing it up nearly so hardcore-ridiculous in the actual show. If I'm reading into what Gary said in the first episode correctly, we'll only have to sit through two weeks' worth of episodes (so 12 eps) of this girls vs. boys nonsense before everything goes back to normal. Whew, perhaps.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Celedam wrote:Game of Thrones

Big spoiler for non-readers, so don't click if you think we're only talking about the latest episode…

Does it really matter, though? We won't see her again for three more seasons.

Can't be so sure about that.

Two words: Theon Greyjoy. :hmmm:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Chatin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Game of Thrones/ASOIAF All Book Spoilers
Given the liberties the show runners have taken thus far, I wouldn't be surprised for them to cut back on the Martell and Iron Island stories and shoe in more of your "favorites". Tyrion, Jon, Dany, and Arya have rather dull storylines across AFFC and ADWD. It'll be interesting to see how they spread that over three seasons. I honestly wouldn't mind if they revealed that the show was in it's own timeline and just took it off in it's own non-book direction. It'd be a relief that they last two books wouldn't be spoiled by the show, either.

With magic "returning" to the world, and Samwell off at the Citadel in the books, I had a strange feeling about the way his little wildling mistress called him "a wizard". Foreshadowing? :/
Chatin
Minion

Postby Starra » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Boinsie: Heh, my mum loves the Australian Masterchef. She watches the NZ version too.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby questorminator » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Parhelion69 wrote:Square Enix doesn't do great games anymore (at least not in-house, Tomb Raider was excellent but they only published it). I was extremelly dissapointed with FF XIII, after a long list of mediocre games, I really expected it to live up to the legacy. But it didn't. I have no more hopes for Square Enix.
Hell, I even bought a used Wii to play The Last Story (done by Final Fantasys' creator, who's independant now) and Xenoblade Chronicles. These are some of the few great JRPGs of the last few years, and I will play Ni no Kuni for PS3 eventually.

This reminds me, I still have to play the new Tomb Raider game.

I was also extremely disappointed with FFXIII. It was the first FF game that I sold to the second-hand games store less than a month after I bought it (and the second Square Enix game I didn't finish after Front Mission: Evolved). They seem to think we're crazy for Lightning so they made a sequel and then the upcoming Lightning Returns. FF Versus XIII would have been interesting, but as it is, it's probably going to the PS4.

Rm88 wrote:I'm hyped for E3. Because really, can companies afford to NOT have interesting presentations? WiiU is dead, Xbox One got a really bad reception from gaming sites and PS4... well, I guess PS4 did alright but in my eyes it also has no games - understandably (and Vita -is- dead as well).

That's what's bothering me about PS4 but I am assuming several PS4 exclusive games will be announced in E3. Me, I'm just waiting for a new Assassin's Creed 4 video and probably news about Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Still not sure if the latter will be released for the PS3 but at least AC4 isn't going next-gen yet.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Game of Thrones

More big spoilers for non-readers…

Zunu wrote:Can't be so sure about that.

Two words: Theon Greyjoy. :hmmm:

Nah, Lady Stoneheart is too huge for that. She's definitely a three-season reveal (assuming Michelle Fairley is still available and interested three years from now).

Besides, Theon's current predicament shouldn't be that much of a surprise to non-readers who were paying attention: Roose Bolton told Robb Stark that he sent his bastard to retake Winterfell -> Winterfell was surrounded -> Theon was knocked out and hooded by his own men, implying that he was to be a prisoner for someone. People may have assumed that his men would take him back to the Iron Islands, to face Balon Greyjoy again or whatever, and that's big enough to carry over a season break (from the end of Season 2 to the beginning of Season 3). But it's not enough to carry over two full seasons (from Season 2 to Season 5, most likely), not when so much material can be derived from the torture itself and the coordination with Roose Bolton's betrayal. Different dramatic rules for book versus television.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project