7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Nono » Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 am

but you get a doggy in the new COD!!!1111

also http://www.computerandvideogames.com/40 ... -xbox-one/ :|
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby Zunu » Wed May 22, 2013 5:53 am

MS isn't trying to sell games to teens. They are making their big play to own the living room. Honestly, I'm skeptical they can gain traction against US$99 Rokus and Apple TVs with that comparatively expensive device, but good luck.

The PS4 isn't in any better shape, imo. We don't need next-gen gaming hardware. We need next-gen gaming software.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Rm88 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:22 am

That's the point, though, this wide, fresh, unexplored market they think they will achieve might not be interested at all. Let's be honest, a laptop can browse the web and run Netflix too. Also, they said they "deliberately didn't aim for high-end graphics" - I think that's smart, but you don't really tell that openly to the Halo segment :lol:
Rm88

Postby Mirai » Wed May 22, 2013 9:40 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I'm surprised Paulina Rubio was picked up (along with Kelly Rowland, but I'm not surprised about her at all) to be a judge on the next season of "X Factor".

Mostly because I have absolutely not one clue as to who she is. She seems to know what she's doing though, so hopefully the new set of judges will be a better fit than the first or second.

I have Paulina's English album from when she tried to make it in the States back in... 2002? "Don't Say Goodbye" was my jam for awhile.
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby erilaz » Wed May 22, 2013 3:24 pm

For those of you in Northern California, the schedule for the Japan Film Festival of San Francisco (July 27-August 4) has been announced:

http://jffsf.org/2013/
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Mirai wrote:I have Paulina's English album from when she tried to make it in the States back in... 2002? "Don't Say Goodbye" was my jam for awhile.

2002? Not surprising that I didn't notice her. I was probably listening to Hilary Duff or something. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sun May 26, 2013 6:47 am

Game of Thrones

No episode this week because of Memorial Day, so instead…

If you aren't already subscribed to the channel, check it out. He did the first two seasons as well.

Also, Jimmy Fallon…

The hottest show on TV, biches.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun May 26, 2013 3:08 pm

That was funny! Although the cleverest bit imo was right at the beginning: Rockefell. XD

Also, ?uestlove's English accent made Peter Dinklage's sound good...
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon May 27, 2013 1:15 pm

The "Poltergeist" remake:
Spoiler: show
"Zelda Rubinstein, who played the unforgettable psychic Tangina in the original Poltergeist trilogy, sadly passed away a few years ago. Her character isn’t going to be revived for the remake, but is instead being replaced by a number of new experts in the field of the supernatural."
-Screen Rant

That's kind of disappointing, though I'm sure it would be difficult to find someone that was as equal parts creepy and lovely in the way she managed to be as Tangina. If I'm understanding correctly (in that the mom, a parasychologist, and the supernatural TV host will be the replacement characters) I can't say the replacements sound all that interesting just yet. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Tue May 28, 2013 3:13 am

Arrested Development
Spoiler: show
I'm not sure if I can properly express just how satisfied I am with the new season. There's no one thing I can think of to point out as especially amazing, but what I'm most struck with this morning is how there were no throwaway filler episodes like you normally get with sitcoms. All of the plots were so well-intertwined* and the twists and surprises along the way seemed in no way forced or whatever. It all basically read as a 7 1/2 hour long movie, which was just so great.
Granted, they had 5 years to come up with all that intertwining plot. Here's hoping that they can do as beautifully in the 5th season. :heart:

*I admit, there were definitely some issues with time-frames not quite making sense: Gob was partying with the entourage for something like 4 years? George Michael and Maeby were 15/16 in season 3, then "5 years later" in season 4 they're 22/23? Did they just need Maeby to be 23 for the statutory thing, or...?
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project