7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I just remember watching her as the mentor for team Blake on (the first?) one season of "The Voice". I thought she did pretty well, for what we saw anyway. Since she's been working for so long she'd be a nice opposite to Demi, who very clearly showed her lack of experience last season.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Game of Thrones

Best episode so far this season.

Spoiler: show
Loved how Jaime told the story of the kingslaying…

[youtube]1cKpPL5VZDQ[/youtube]

Liked the verbal sparring between Jorah and Barristan…

[youtube]hUabiXP9wiQ[/youtube]

And that ending…

[youtube]MRJock_ztw4[/youtube]

But I'm not thrilled with how losing the Karstarks meant losing "half" of Robb's army. I know they're trying to make it clear that Robb is vulnerable and desperate, which in turn sets up the rest of the season, but they've fudged the troop counts so many times that they've destroyed the sense of scale. All we hear now are "Karstark this" and "Bolton that", completely ignoring all of the other bannermen from the North and the Riverlands. For example, whatever happened to Greatjon Umber? And who is representing House Mormont of Bear Island? We know there is a House Mormont, of course, and Maege was there (albeit unidentified) when Robb was declared king in Season 1, but that's it? No Dacey, even though she's one of the coolest girls in the story? Furthermore, we should be hearing more about House Manderly of White Harbor, considering how big White Harbor is and how important the Manderlys are in the later books, but so far nothing.

Ah well, on to next week…

[youtube]ItUyT9FpLXw[/youtube]
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby resop2 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:17 am

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. You get a newer faster computer and try to play your favorite online flash game and the action is now so fast that not only can you not react fast enough your mouse cannot react fast enough.

Is there a way to "dumb down" your computer to play games like this?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Rm88 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:30 am

I don't know for online flash games, but I have the same problem when playing ancient DOS games on my PC :lol: Gladly DOSBox takes care of that problem.
Rm88

Postby erilaz » Fri May 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Bob Newhart was hilarious on The Big Bang Theory tonight.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2 ... s/2127237/
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Zunu » Fri May 03, 2013 9:28 pm

I thought he was dead. :unsure:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun May 05, 2013 10:56 am

Downton Abbey (S1-3 spoilers)
I finally started and caught up with this show. I'm glad I waited because it was a lot of fun to marathon it all, but I was missing out.

Though in it's three seasons it seems I have the bad luck of loving a lot of the characters that end up leaving or dying, while the only two characters that I actually find annoying are apparently permanent or are going to be hanging around for a while.

Forever bitter over Sybil and Matthew (temporarily bitter over William).
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Sun May 05, 2013 11:43 am

Finally all caught up on Game of Thrones. Now I can no longer just watch 5 episodes straight when I have the free time to do so. :wacko:

I haven't read the books, but they are definitely on my to-read list.

My opinion of Daenerys has changed after she has finally acquired an army. I liked her since the beginning, but ever since she's shown to be a lot more ambitious and confident after Khal Drogo's death I felt like she just kept getting lucky with actually not getting killed (despite how fearless she is all the time); until the dragons could breathe fire she could hardly defend herself, yet she threatens people all the time. Now I actually believe in her and look forward to her arc of the series.

There's a lot of story arcs I don't necessarily care much for except to watch my favorite characters, although with anything I've always been more interested in specific characters than the big picture of what actually happens.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Celedam » Sun May 05, 2013 1:23 pm

^ Game of Thrones

When you do read the books, one of the things you'll notice is that legend and prophecy play a much larger role than they do in the TV series. We've gotten glimpses of them, sure, but only glimpses. The Red Comet, seen only in S02E01 of the TV series but referenced throughout the books; Bran Stark and Jojen Reed's "greensight" visions, especially of the Three-Eyed Crow; the prophecies about R'hllor and Azor Ahai, a.k.a. the Lord of Light and his flaming sword-wielding messiah (Stannis Baratheon? Beric Dondarrion? or is it a metaphor for something else?); the legends of the First Men and their dealings with the native, non-human races; the legends of House Targaryen, Old Valyria, and the Doom; and most relevant to your thoughts about Daenerys, the true power of the Warlocks of Qarth in the House of the Undying.

In the second book, A Clash of Kings, the House of the Undying sequence is much longer and more complex and provides many more visions of Dany's past and future. That gives her a greater sense of destiny, which propels her through the third book, A Storm of Swords. That's what you're seeing now in the TV series, unfortunately without the full context.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby 22Tsuji22 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Downton Abbey
@Nayoko
I did the same thing!

I hate that Sybil is gone though, I couldn't stop crying. The episode she died in I stopped after that because I was so upset. Cried the rest of the season basically, whenever Bransan is in a scene I just well up.

Williams was pretty hard on me too, he was one of my favorite characters. Poor Daisy too. :'(

I feel awful but Matthew's I saw coming (granted I did for the other too but I just hoped I was wrong) so I wasn't entirely upset. I don't think I even shed a tear, probably because I had cried for 3hrs straight one night.

Iron Man 3 had me shaking my fists, kept showing scenes with Sybil and Bransan.
22Tsuji22
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project