The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Stereo » Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:09 am

But they make money selling CD. And it works for them like that no ? So... We all know that streaming platform are bad for creators, and bad for customers at the end too.
The era of YouTube only short version MV was horrible. I'm so happy they don't go this way at the end.
Stereo
Senior Initiate

Postby chaosgamma » Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:28 am

I don't stream music and I've just never stopped buying CDs so I'm not really on with digital releases.

But I wouldn't mind if they brought back those little sub-unit releases like they were doing for while back in like 2017-8. None of those songs were great, but they were kind of fun and different and it'd be something they could put out in the 8 months between regular singles.
chaosgamma
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:40 am

I’ve come to rely more on digital releases. After I got my new car and realized it didn’t have a CD player in it, it sort of forced me into digitally buying more.

I actually don’t like pre releasing songs for singles. I’d rather just wait for release day and enjoy a full Single.

Now, for albums, I might consider it. I look forward more to an album if I can get a taste of it. When they lack MVs the concept of pre releasing songs works. But for H!P this would only really work for a cohesive album that wasn’t a glorified best of album.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Stereo » Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:59 am

Yes, no CD player in car is kind of real problem i agree. Remember when going to vacation, carefully selected a bunch of CD, rented a car and then... Drama lol No CD players.
So since then and if i'm honest i buy HP CD regularly, but I download songs too and put them in a folder in my phone to listen music without need of internet or application. So when no CD player I connect the car to my phone with Bluetooth.
Stereo
Senior Initiate

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:15 am

They do make money off CDs but a lot of the younger people are buying digital or streaming,and when a MV comes out far ahead of time I woul love to buy the song early then the rest later. I buy music I like digital and if I really like it go for a CD. But prereleases don't stop CD sales like you guys make it sound. It's just another way to buy music and if it WAS so detrimental to sales then so many other groups wouldn't be doing it.
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tsubaki Factory ♥

Postby DJChisato1 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:19 am

When I bought CD's in the past, I would immediately convert them to MP3's. Now my new laptop doesn't even have a cd-drive. Japan is slowly catching up to the rest of the world that doesn't rely on physical sales. It's not really a secret that most of the CD sales aren't really for the CD but the extra item that comes along with buying the CD. Bulk buying is real out here. There is literally no reason(Other than greed) to have more than 3 versions of a CD. Regular/Special/Limited

Regular - Single
Special - Single plus accompanying song
Limited - Single plus accompanying song plus DVD

There is no reason why a Single should have 12+ versions and the only difference is the cover art of the CD case.

Streaming and selling digital copies are 2 separate things.
We technically get the song early anyway because the MV is posted before release date. People can still participate in release events. So digital sale on the same day as MV release kinda makes sense.
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:31 am

In my 25+ year old car the stereo with a tape player was wonky, and possessed by evil spirits which made it "clunk!" and "click!" loudly every time the key was actuated. And the tape-to-phone adapter wouldn't work anymore. So I switched it out for a $40 junkyard stereo that has USB and CD input, with no bluetooth :smiling: Learning how to install it was a bit of a headache though, ngl. There is the risk of frying the car's computer if you do it wrong.

I think the new car decks don't even have USB input anymore(?): what a rip off! :razz:

Are there many vinyl releases?
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby DJChisato1 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:50 am

I must admit that I'm annoyed that Hashisako and Kawana are called Double Rin, when the most obvious duo name of Futa-Rin is available.
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:13 am

They actually call themselves RinRin
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:20 am

^Confirmation: It takes two Angerme members to make one Morning Musume. member. :hehe: :fear:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project