MOMONA 101 [ME:I 2nd Single "Hi-Five" on 8/28 ; #1 on Billboard HOT 100]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Momona 101 : Kasahara Momona is #1 and Center for the Debut Song! Debut Group name "ME:I"

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:35 pm

Real Sound will be publishing articles introducing and analyzing each ME:I member

ME:I member #1 : Kasahara Momona "Professional Idol" determination and versatile performance

The audition program "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" ("Nippu Joshi") reached its final episode on December 16th, and the 11 contestants who will debut as "ME:I" were selected. Kasahara Momona won the first place with more than 400,000 votes ahead of the second place.

In this issue, we delve deeper into the appeal of Kasahara. Based on her performance during the audition period, we would like to examine how she will show her attractiveness in ME:I in the future.

When her name was called as a debut member, Kasahara greeted the audience by saying, "In order to be Kasahara Momona, who will be loved as a professional idol and a human being for many years to come, I promise to first be someone I can be proud of."

"Professional Idol" is a perfect way to describe her.

Looking back, at her first performance as trainees in the placement test, she performed YOASOBI's "Idol" with Kato Cocoro, who was called out as the last debut member. The song was sung with unabashed energy from the outset, and the expressions on the faces of the trainees and the trainers were impressive.

Kasahara explained that she participated in this audition because she "wanted to work globally." Always aiming high, she was determined not only to be ranked within the debut range but also to reign supreme in the number one position at the three ranking ceremonies held.

She then thoroughly analyzed "How to become No. 1" and "how to be globally active." What was impressive was that during the position battle, Kasahara decided that she could not settle for the status quo and challenged the rap and vocal position for the first time. Here, Kasahara performed BLACKPINK's "Shut Down," and under the guidance of KEN THE 390, she mastered the technique of singing rap with a slow and steady rhythm, broadening her appeal.

Needless to say, her vocal and dance skills are second to none. She has said herself that she is "used to being on stage" and "confident in her stage presence," and no one would disagree with her. And Kasahara's charm lies in the fact that her stage presence is not one-dimensional, but rather changes with each song.

In the aforementioned "Idol" by YOASOBI, she smiled to entertain the audience, but at the same time, she had a powerful power that showed her determination, while her soft and delicate facial expression and voice tone in "TOKYO GIRL" by Perfume, which she performed in the group battle, made the audience wonder if it was really the same person. Furthermore, her performance of "TOKYO GIRL" showed that she dances with a lower center of gravity than others, and at the same time, she pays attention to every detail of her upper body to make it always look beautiful. In the performance of "&ME" during the concept evaluation, her bipolarized movements, as if her upper and lower body were separate, were a highlight, and the way her expression changed to match the rapidly changing tune was exactly what Kasahara is capable of showing on stage.

What we expect from her as a newly selected debut member is that she will lead the group with a stage presence that will catch the attention of all who see her perform. She has further developed her skills as an all-rounder through this audition, and whether she is assigned to vocal, dance, or rap positions, she is sure to be a force to be reckoned with and raise the group's appeal.

At the first ranking announcement ceremony, Kasahara declared, "I believe that no matter what rank I am in, I can go as far as I want to go with Cocoro-chan." I hope that Kasahara and Kato, who has made a comeback as "rebloom," will realize these words once again at live performances and on stage together. I am sure that I am not the only one who hopes so.

In any case, I am sure that Kasahara will lead the group as a dominant center without being influenced by the concept of the song. With high expectations for the future, I look forward to the day when we can see her running around on stage in all directions.

https://realsound.jp/2023/12/post-1524886.html
https://realsound.jp/2023/12/post-1524886_2.html
Amped
High Priest

Re: Momona 101 : Kasahara Momona is #1 and Center for the Debut Song! Debut Group name "ME:I"

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:55 pm

The local NHK news in Okayama prefecture, the home prefecture of 2nd place finisher Murakami Rinon, reported that her hometown of Misaki City raised a banner up to celebrate her debut with ME:I

NHK video news report and article :
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/lnews/okayama/20 ... 18952.html

A banner was hung at the Misaki town hall to celebrate this decision, and the staff gathered there applauded.
The staff said, "We hope that her hard work will bring smiles to the faces of the town's children."
According to the town office, Murakami's mother said, "I couldn't stop crying because my efforts since she was a little girl finally paid off. I know that you may be at a loss because the environment has changed since your debut, but I hope that you will continue to do your best as 'Rin Rin' without wavering."

~~~~~

Murakami Rinon, 17, a high school 2nd year from Misaki Town, Okayama Prefecture, will debut in the girl group "ME:I" from "Produce 101 JAPAN THE Girls," the largest survival audition program in Japan, and on December 19th, the town set up a banner at the town hall in Harada.

Although Murakami-san had no experience in singing and dancing, her striking looks with cat eyes and black hair and her rich expressive ability captivated viewers. With her solid growth and ability, she received approximately 700,000 votes and grabbed her debut in second place in the final ranking.

The banner is 1.4 meters long and 5 meters wide that says "We support your debut with ME:I!!", and will be displayed until the end of March.

Mayor Koyo Aono said, "It is wonderful that a young person who grew up in the town has achieved their dream. We hope she will be active on the Japanese and international stage."

According to the town, Rinon's mother said, "When her debut was decided, I couldn't stop crying that all her hard work had finally paid off. I hope she will always do her best in her 'Rinrin' way."

https://tsuyamaasahi.co.jp/produce101%e ... %e3%83%b3/

The announcement of her name and debut is also displayed on an electronic bulletin board in the center of Misaki town. She has become a princess of this very small rural town.

Misaki City has only a population of 13,000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misaki,_Okayama
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:30 pm

The Korean paparazzi spotted ME:I arriving at the airport in Korea so they can prepare for their debut. They are going have to get used to this. They got Winter fashion on since it is cold in Korea.

Girl group ME:I, which debuted on the survival audition program "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS," arrived at Gimpo International Airport located in Gangseo-gu, Seoul, on the afternoon of December 22nd for their schedule in Korea.

1. Keiko
2. Suzu
3. Kokoro

4. Miu
5. Rinon
6. Momona (green outfit with this funny hat)

7. Ran
8. Kokona
9. Ayane
10. Shizuku
11. Tsuzumi
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:05 am

Backstage from the finale

Kasahara Momona history
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:51 pm

~~~~~

Back in November, Legendary Team "AWAKE" (Kaasa, Ishii Ran, Takabatake Momoka, Shimizu Keiko, Kawabata Ranka, and Okabe Nonoka) reunited and spent a day at Disney Sea together. Kaasa looks tired and not even wearing any Disney ears, must a phase she was going through.

Okabe Nonoka's instagram. She can now share these pictures because the show has ended.
https://www.instagram.com/_nono.kiri_/

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:10 am

ME:I members greet everyone with photos on Christmas Eve from Korea, while showing off their fashion

Kasahara Momona

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:29 pm

LAPONE Entertainment's request regarding slander against ME:I members

Thank you very much for your continued support of our artists.

Unfortunately, some of the opinions and comments on the Internet and social networking services (SNS) regarding our artists "ME:I" and its related parties are slanderous, false facts, and spreading beyond a certain limit.

Many ME:I members are minors and are still in the process of developing both mentally and physically.

In order to protect ME:I members, their families, and fans from malicious personal attacks through social networking services, we will take necessary measures, including legal action, against any expression that crosses a certain line.

The use of "anonymous" social networking sites to spread slander, falsehoods, malicious uploading of photos and videos, and malicious spreading of information can hurt many people, both in Japan and abroad, and in some cases can lead to the worst-case scenarios.

We would like to inform you that we will take resolute action against the spread of slander and falsehoods that are deemed to be beyond the scope of freedom of expression by taking legal measures, including filing criminal charges and damage reports.

We would like to thank all of our fans for their continued support and understanding.

December 24th, 2023

LAPONE Entertainment

https://cf.lapone.jp/news/detail/54?lang=en

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:49 am

Kasahara Momona's KPOP School choreography teacher in Korea congratulated her on her debut. He also congratulated his other student on her debut, Shimizu Keiko. He is very proud of them.

On his Instagram, he posted a very short clip of Momona with long hair at the time
https://www.instagram.com/p/C06OPmIRq0H/

IZONE "Violeta"
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:31 am

A Christmas collage video created by ME:I members
https://www.tiktok.com/@official_me_i_/ ... 266585864'

Kato Kokoro started writing her name as "Cocoro" now (I guess because it is similar to Kokona?)

Merry Christmas from ME:I
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:44 am

ME:I will make their magazine debut on the cover of ViVi fashion magazine (April 2024 issue), release is February 22nd. (That makes their debut possibly around that time)

"The World's First Cover! ME:I was born from 'PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS'"
https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1250712534

~~~~~

amped wrote:Real Sound will be publishing articles introducing and analyzing each ME:I member

ME:I member #2 : Murakami Rinon became an instantly recognizable presence with her quirky character and singing voice.

ME:I, an 11-member group born from the audition program "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" (hereafter referred to as "Nippu Joshi"), has already been catching the attention of the public with its members full of individuality.

This article features Murakami Rinon, who showed amazing growth in the second half of the program. Based on her growth during the audition period, we would like to examine how she will perform as a member of ME:I in the future.

Murakami was ranked 17th in the second ranking announcement ceremony, but in the third ranking announcement ceremony, her name was called as a candidate for trainees ranked 4th or higher, and the result was an astonishing 3rd. In the end, Murakami achieved her highest ranking of 2nd place, and was selected as a debut member.

Murakami is a charming member with an inner confidence and the honesty to put it into words. In fact, at the aforementioned 3rd ranking announcement ceremony, Murakami was surprised to be selected as the 4th or higher ranked member, but commented emphatically, "I feel that my hard work has finally been recognized here." It was refreshing to see her thanking the national producers (viewers) and not just being modest.

It was probably during the position battle that her attractiveness accelerated rapidly. Murakami, who had chosen Chanmina's "Bijin" for the rap and vocal category, was told by Chanmina herself, "I think it will be difficult for you to improve in a short time because you have no experience. So, you should do something that fits your character," she suggested. From that point on, instead of trying to imitate others who were good at what they did, Murakami was able to take it one step further and show her own strengths as "Murakami Rinon", In particular, the self-affirming lyrics such as "I was born with this cat face" and "RinRin 'hime dashi'" in the song "Bijin" (Beautiful Woman), where the lyrics were written by Murakami herself, seem to have established Murakami as an outstanding presence.

After this battle, Murakami became more dependable. In the concept battle, she was forced to change her group from "&ME" to "AtoZ," but even at that time, she declared in a high voice, "I'll be fine. I can do my best anywhere." When she took the rap position in "AtoZ," she added a touch of class to the stage with her strong rap performance, which was a nice change of pace from the cute tune of the song. She also took the rapper's role in the final song, "Sozoijo," in which she performed as rapper (1). At first, Murakami said, "It's frustrating to be praised for being good at something, only to be told that I'm a beginner or that I have no experience," but that is a thing of the past. It is no exaggeration to say that Murakami has certainly acquired a strong rap weapon during this training camp.

Murakami exudes confidence from within and gives a magnificent performance when it comes to dancing and singing. During the initial placement test, vocal trainer Lee Hong Ki said, "I don't know, but you have charm," which was probably due to her imposing demeanor and her ability to make the stage her own, no matter what position you are in.

That is why we hope that after his debut as ME:I, she will not stop at being a rapper, but will become an all-rounder. Her powerful yet sweet voice is sure to be addictive once you hear it. I look forward to watching her continue to grow even more in the future.

https://realsound.jp/2023/12/post-1531325.html
https://realsound.jp/2023/12/post-1531325_2.html
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project