MOMONA 101 [ME:I 2nd Single "Hi-Five" on 8/28 ; #1 on Billboard HOT 100]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Momona 101 : Momona is a Finalist!

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:52 am

This week's episode airing Thursday December 14th (The Live Finale is on Saturday 12/16) is a "Before the Finale" special episode. The 5 trainers gathered together and take a look back at the 4 months the trainees have gone through. Plus behind the scenes from the finalists' preparations.

The finalists were asked "What is the first thing they want to eat after the Finale?" and also share some stories that happened. They also express their enthusiasm about the finale.

Momona wants to eat delicious homemade pancakes.
Aita Rin says she and Momona got along so well and so quickly, when they met each other for the first time in the concept battle.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:48 am

New goods for the 20 Finalists : Momona Figure Stand and Clear card random 2 set and other goods

The Finalists posters with original fanart submitted of them are up

Kasahara Momona's Poster

Countdown to the Finale : 4 days
https://twitter.com/produce101jp_/statu ... 8182971620
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:35 pm

Someone noticed that Leader Kasahara Momona made an ANGERME reference

https://youtu.be/3g9Lb2Jve6w?si=YMzwBi5z3tH7Chrp&t=8122
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:38 pm

The Final training camp, when a trainee becomes a cameraman.. interview is a must see!

KPOP SCHOOL graduates Kasahara Momona and Shimizu Keiko got matching piercings.
Ebihara and Ayane with a singing duet at the end.

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:05 am

Produce 101 created a digest video of each finalists' performances over the past 4 months

Kasahara Momona showing her versatility no matter what concept or position she is in.

Momona's promise to eat rice balls on top of Mt. Fuji
Amped
High Priest

Postby KakureW » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:16 pm

How's everyone feeling about Momona's chances?

Personally, I think she will debut, but it wouldn't surprise me if she isn't a top pick. If she doesn't debut, it will be surprising but not very shocking given the nature of the voting system this time around.

Based on my observations of X/Twitter, here is my current standings:
Spoiler: show
Safe: Rinon, Miu, Momona, Ayane
Somewhat safe: Ran
Tricky position but highly likely to make it: Kokona, Rin, Kokoro, Shizuku
Really tricky position (should make it but not surprising at all if they don't): Tsuzumi (I am voting for Momona all the way but I am so worried about Tsuzumi and Kokoro, really hope their fandoms pull through)
Might barely not make it or barely make it: Momoka, Keiko, Suzu, Nano, Rino
Somewhat high chance of not making it (but still could): Yuki, Rio
Borderline guaranteed to not make it: Haruka, Kagura, Koto

I think there will be a lot of surprises in the final rankings, but I can't say I am ready for it. The wait for the final is so nerve-wracking.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:59 am

If too many people think Momona is safe and vote for their 2nd fave instead she could fall out. :sweat:

I think it would be cool if the H!P fan vote was so strong Momona was a landslide winner despite the producers constantly limiting her screentime and giving her bad edits. My husband, not and H!P fan or anything but watches the show with me, pointed out that Momona always looks like she's in a bad mood because that's all they show even though her fans know what she's really like.
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tsubaki Factory ♥

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:10 am

Produce 101 Japan The Girls : "Before the Finale SP" episode 12.14.23 : The Trainers take a look at their favorite moments and recap + behind the scenes of the finalists recording Kimura Kaela's Ballad song
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1oG411a7zi/

I believe Momona will debut, but I'm nervous about the votes counted as double on the day of the finale when people see them on live National TV and vote for the first time, and have no idea who Momona is. I think Momona was smart to take the main vocal spot so she will be noticed. This is her moment.

I just don't like overseas Takami Ayane fans who aggressively dislike Momona.
Amped
High Priest

Postby KakureW » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:24 am

Idol Tenshoku Ondo wrote:If too many people think Momona is safe and vote for their 2nd fave instead she could fall out. :sweat:

Momona fans in JP have been working hard to make sure that doesn't happen. They have been constantly preaching that if too many people think Momona is safe and go to vote for a member who is in a dubious position, there is a chance Momoma might fail.

Momona has constantly ranked high in the voting despite getting little to no screentime, so she is bound to lose some votes from casual viewers who will try to save another trainee thinking Momona is safe.

Idol Tenshoku Ondo wrote:I think it would be cool if the H!P fan vote was so strong Momona was a landslide winner despite the producers constantly limiting her screentime and giving her bad edits. My husband, not and H!P fan or anything but watches the show with me, pointed out that Momona always looks like she's in a bad mood because that's all they show even though her fans know what she's really like.

The unfavorable editing for Momona is really obvious at this point. I watched a few YouTubers, and even people who know a lot more than casual viewers like me about these types of survival shows were staggered that someone so popular and ranking so high was getting no minutes on the show. There are even people (not Momona fans) who say that because she isn't being shown much means she mustn't be very good, and put her high ranking entirely on HP wota voting en masse for her. In my opinion there are quite a lot of HP wota voting for her, but she has gained quite a number of new fans too. She is also the only trainee who has been consistently saying from the start that she wants to be No. 1, and I think that type of confidence has won her a lot of fans who want to believe in her and make her wish come true.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:45 am

The finalists, who are now back in Nagoya, Japan (for rehearsals) had an Instagram Live today for Q&A (they were given a random question)

Kasahara Momona answers the question : What is your favorite Onigiri flavor? Shio Onigiri (Salt Riceballs)

Momona's photos on Instagram needs more likes
https://www.instagram.com/produce101japan_official/

Keiko and Kokoro might have a home advantage since their home is Aichi prefecture, where the venue finale is located.

How can you break up this group of 20 friends? :unsure:

Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project