OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:48 am

Amped wrote:^ yep, Chii-chan got a part time job at a restaurant in New Zealand.

New Zealand is short on staff, so there is a part-time job board at the school, and many people are working part-time, and the hourly wage is quite good.
Morito worked part-time twice a week, once a week at first.

I think it's safe to say that this episode, in particular, was highly entertaining for Morito fans. She is very excited about entering the workforce :blush: That's my gambaru-chan!

Some more notes from the ep. :

One of their Japanese classmates is in the room watching them film.
To make up for the lack of work outside of entertainment she billed herself as being good at communicating with people. (True, I guess. She has done handshake events and the like).
The workers are all Japanese. And the owner too, I guess.
The menu is in Japanese so that's handy.
She started in January - her first job outside of the entertainment industry! (Nacky has never had a baito either).
It's tricky to translate on the fly from English orders to Japanese writing.
It's tricky not to spill things on the tray at first. She promptly fell into that one.
She finds interacting with the customers is good English practice.
The bus service shuts down early so she gets help from her kind host mother to get home at night.
One time she dropped some food on her hand but the customer was fine with it. (lol)

I guess it's safe to say that after a few years in the idol industry Morito is not a millionaire ;)
I wonder if Nacky will follow suit and enter the workforce. We already saw her doing some pressure washing job (listening to music on Airpods some of the time - bad for hearing! :crazy: ).

Chiichan really has a kind of pureness that I appreciate. Sometimes I feel like Nacky steps on her a little too much, doing the sempai thing a little hard. Or it's just her radio persona that is a bit overbearing in this format. On the plus side, Nacky is quick with her words and definitely has some presentation skills. I thought that she wasn't editing the videos because in an earlier episode she said that about bringing computing devices overseas she didn't use her actual (laptop I guess) computer much and just used her iPad and phone most of the time, and I had a hard time imagining her editing video on a tablet - but I could be mistaken. But then an episode or 2 ago she said that this latest drop in test scores has reduced her energy to edit YT videos. (I try to understand what I can). The videos have been fun, so she's doing pretty good :D

A YT commenter pointed out how the age gap with Nakajima is the same gap as with Momochi-Sempai. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt2YKYOLAfo
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:10 am

5th gen at Niigaki Risa's Wedding Ceremony

more wedding pictures
https://ameblo.jp/ogawamakoto1029/entry ... 36908.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:08 am

Tremendous photos! :crying: Konno graduated all the way back in 2006 and the four of them still share a timeless bond.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:02 am

Morito Chisaki resumes her Instagram

It has been a year since I graduated from Morning Musume the other day!

I feel like it has been a very long year XD

As you probably know, I've been posting my study abroad videos on YouTube since last October! But...
I've been taking a long break from Instagram, so I wanted to look back on the photos from my study abroad in Hawaii lol.

I hope to share more memories and experiences with you in the future

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct3b3hIuC23/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:13 am

Spaghetti-Western wrote:I guess it's safe to say that after a few years in the idol industry Morito is not a millionaire ;)

I don't think she's doing it for the money. It gives her a reason to go out and meet people, which can be difficult when you're mostly alone in a strange place; it gives her an opportunity to practice her English, which she admits is not good; and it gives her a taste of home, which again can be difficult to find when you're in a strange place.

Everyone in the business says Up-Front is a high-class agency that pays exceptionally well, and Morito must have done something right if she can afford to be doing this now. This by itself wouldn't even pay for a small apartment back in Japan, much less all of her travels over the past year.

Spaghetti-Western wrote:I thought that she wasn't editing the videos because in an earlier episode she said that about bringing computing devices overseas she didn't use her actual (laptop I guess) computer much and just used her iPad and phone most of the time, and I had a hard time imagining her editing video on a tablet

There are plenty of video editing tools for iOS, and you can also connect Bluetooth peripherals like a keyboard and mouse.

It would be difficult for old farts like us to edit video on a tablet because our eyes are bad and our fingers are fat. But for them? Easy.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:52 am

Yup I agree, Celedam. Though sometimes I wonder about the salary. Chii-chan was active for 12 years according to the wiki, so even at a modest salary she probably has saved up quite a bit. When they went to Sydney I think I remember that Chii-chan didn't buy any gifts until the last minute and then she bought a ton :grin: Maybe Nacky was like "I'm planning on doing a video about the gifts we bought... I guess It'll just be me (... and you'll look poor ...) :shifty: ".

I was thinking about how tensions between China and The West these days must be making life harder for Asians everywhere. Some people don't care whether or not you are Chinese, looking Asian is enough to hate. So, at the restaurant Chii-chan can be pretty confident that people won't be hating her for something Xi-kun did :fear:
Restaurant work definitely could be a good experience. I'm really happy for her :thumbs-up:
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby shineweare » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:50 pm

【Type: Big Announcement】Report. Finally the time has come.

Morito Chisaki will go to Canada and will have separate show.
shineweare
Senior Initiate

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:46 am

Risa's wedding photos hitting me straight in the heart. :heart: I hope this relationship is a better one for them both.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:45 pm

Amped wrote:
boinsie wrote:Kage Kaede announced as part of the cast for Moulin Rougue The Musical, playing at the Imperial Theatre in Tokyo this summer. All of the main riles are double-cast--she'll be playing the character Nini (Legs in the Air) along with Renge Fujimori.

https://www.tohostage.com/moulinmusical_japan/cast.html

I'm not sure how big of a deal this is, but it's definitely something she couldn't have done while still in MM. :thumbs-up:

She also has an official Twitter account now. https://twitter.com/K_KAEDEofficial/sta ... 3881051136

Moulin Rougue The Musical official main cast visual

Kaga Kaede's solo visual

The musical runs from 6/24~8/31

Moulin Rougue The Musical : Kaga Kade in the Lady Marmalade Team
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:40 am

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:
boinsie wrote:Kage Kaede announced as part of the cast for Moulin Rougue The Musical, playing at the Imperial Theatre in Tokyo this summer. All of the main riles are double-cast--she'll be playing the character Nini (Legs in the Air) along with Renge Fujimori.

https://www.tohostage.com/moulinmusical_japan/cast.html

I'm not sure how big of a deal this is, but it's definitely something she couldn't have done while still in MM. :thumbs-up:

She also has an official Twitter account now. https://twitter.com/K_KAEDEofficial/sta ... 3881051136

Moulin Rougue The Musical official main cast visual

Kaga Kaede's solo visual

The musical runs from 6/24~8/31

Moulin Rougue The Musical : Kaga Kade in the Lady Marmalade Team

Despite her "solo visual" being regular Kaede in a black dress, is she the blonde bun girl in the Lady Marmalade pics??
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project