H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Postby JonCC » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:22 am

The three new members did a great job.
There were some great song choices and interesting ways to perform.

As enjoyable if not more than last year.

And a well deserved MVP.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby B8067HC » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:10 am

Congratulations for the winner, i can say the top-5 winners are fascinating. Shion was amazing, as a newcomer she shined out.
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:37 am

It was hard to choose a favourite, Super happy for Miki to win this year, I agree Shion’s expressions and vocal changes during This is Unmei was amazing, H!P made the right choice to debut her.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby yumepin » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:28 am

It was an absolute joy to watch each performance although super tiring given the time difference. I enjoyed each and everyone's singing but I have to admit that Miki went SUPER hard this year. Absolutely deserved 1st place. When she pulled up with her laptop and I spotted the music production software, I knew right there and then that we were in for a treat. Besides my obvious pick, I also found myself vibing with Kamiko's Bishoujo Shinri and Naarin's BE ALL RIGHT. Also! Big props to Rin for her visible increase in confidence and Kassa for going out with a bang
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 am

Hello! Project presents "Solo Fes! 2" full 5 hour show
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1H44y1k7yk

The form to vote for Solo Fes 2! MIP Most Impressive Performer Award is now open here :

You need to select up to 3 members (Required)
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/apps/apply/post.php?fid=9371
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Tsubaki Factory's Budokan concert on October 18th is titled Tsubaki Factory Concert 2021 "CAMELLIA ~Nippon Budokan Special~"
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... a016a71ea1
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:52 pm

yumepin wrote:It was an absolute joy to watch each performance although super tiring given the time difference.
This, so much. :lol: I even took an extra nap a few hours before and I was still feeling it somewhere around 35-40. It was fun, but if they do it again I don't know that I'll attempt watching it live.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 pm

BEYOOOOONDS / SeasoningS Kobayashi Honoka's 21st birthday event @ LANDMARK HALL Yokohama 8.16.21

Satoyoshi Utano as MC

1st event
Opening : Grand Piano performance of Chopin's "Polonaise No. 6" (Eiyuu)
Opening Talk
VTR : Nonaka Miki singing Happy Birthday to her in English
"Honopi" Photo Gallery corner : Pictures of when Honoka was small
~ 1st Photo is her baby picture
~ 2nd Photo was taken on 2nd birthday in front of a birthday cake
~ 3rd Photo is Honoka in Kindergarten with small drums in her arms.
~ Next photo is a family photo taken in Guam, when she was in Kindergarten. Her family would travel abroad once year. Her favorite was going to the Philippines.
~ Last photo is of her in Kendo Club during Junior high school.
- A Sudden Kendo Quiz appear
~ Motion body vision Quiz : Stare at the 10 illustrations depicted for 21 seconds and answer what was drawn. The illustrations drawn were floats, pineapples, K letters, straw hats, 5 letters, airplanes, cars, sunflowers, etc. Honoka got 6 right.

Live corner :
1. Resonant Blue
2. Gyuusaretai Dake na no ni
3. Aa Susukino
4. Suki tte Itte yo
5. Ryuusei Boy

2nd event
Same setlist

https://ameblo.jp/beyooooonds/entry-12692575648.html

https://ameblo.jp/beyooooonds/entry-12692575154.html

off-shot
https://ameblo.jp/beyooooonds/entry-12692393912.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:43 am

Juice=Juice Kudo Yume's 17th Birthday event will be held on September 28th at LANDMARK HALL. Inaba Manaka will be MC.
https://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/news_ ... p?id=17873

Tsubaki Factory Ono Mizuho's 21st Birthday event on September 29th @ LANDMARK HALL.
https://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/news_ ... p?id=17875
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 am

Honestly I don't know how she won MVP. If there was anything memorable about her performance it was that her dress made her look like she was singing for two. :giggle:

For me I'd say the top performance was by Miyo -- she was amazing.

Masaki was great as well. Her energy reminds me a little bit of Miley Cyrus's somehow, the way she takes over the stage with that blinding smile and just does whatever, like she knows she's a star whether or not you acknowledge it.

Kiki oddly impressed me too -- there wasn't anything spectacular, she just did everything right, looked gorgeous, sang well, had a cute prop, it was professional-level entertainment.

Just missing the top tier, I'd put Layla slaying Mugen Climax. She's never going to be a front girl but damned if she isn't going to try her best.

Below that, when it comes to cuteness, I could watch Reina :love: and Utano's :nosebleed: sets countless times.

Haga's another one who has been bringing it after a long spell of just kind of lurking in the sidelines. I think I remember one time Moh saying Sakura had the most extreme glow-up in H!P. Haga might be trying to challenge that.

I appreciated Shion's and Erina's little creative touches to make their turns memorable. Erina doesn't quite manage to look like she's enjoying herself, but if nothing else, the girl can eat a big bowel of ramen and still flex a six-pack as tight as a drum.

Sakura and Ruru, who I'd expect to dominate in solo performances, were both sadly underwhelming.

Kanatomo can effortlessly outclass mere mortal humans in terms of beauty, but as a singer....sigh. There was an artist from the 1980's called Teena Marie who was part of the Rick James funk scene, extremely well-regarded back in her day but when I hear her music now with her high pitched warble, I don't get it. That's who Tomoko's voice reminds me of.
Last edited by Zunu on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved it to be with the other reviews
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project