The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:49 am

I’m the same… I just mentally note that June 22nd was when MM。19 had 15th Gen and July 3rd, ANGERME had Rin, so while they haven’t announced anything yet. Maybe best wait until July 3rd hits and if they still haven’t said anything, my best bet is they’re holding out till November-December to announce the new members along with the debuting group.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:40 am

I just think they are waiting for ANGERME's new members to debut in their single first. It wouldn't be fair if their attention was taken away by new audition members of another group.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Tokyo University Hello Pro Research Club '21 members uploaded a new video. They held their own Hello! Project concert with their Odotte Mita dance covers. #東ハロコン21

Setlist :
00:00 Opening

00:07 Maji Bomber‼ / Berryz
02:42 Junjou Evidence / Morning Musume. '21
05:49 Pop Music / Juice=Juice
09:50 Gekikara LOVE / BEYOOOOONDS
12:43 Kaite wa Keshite no "I Love You" / Country Girls
15:04 Yume Miru 15sai / S/mileage
17:39 Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai / Berryz
20:30 Soku Dakishimete / C-ute

Kawaii songs Medley
22:52 Kanojo ni Naritai!!! / Kenshuusei
24:35 Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi / Berryz
26:12 Uchouten LOVE / S/mileage
27:51 Ooki na Ai de Motenashite / C-ute
29:09 Itooshikutte Gomen ne / Country Girls

30:54 Fiesta! Fiesta! / Juice=Juice
34:05 Taiki Bansei / ANGERME
37:28 Utakata Saturday Night! / Morning Musume. '16
40:20 Vitamin ME / BEYOOOOONDS

43:52 Ending
Amped
High Priest

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:23 am

Amped wrote:I just think they are waiting for ANGERME's new members to debut in their single first. It wouldn't be fair if their attention was taken away by new audition members of another group.

Was meant to get back to this earlier but one has a life outside of the mobile forums and got distracted lol

You made a fair point, one I personally had forgotten and yet I agree with this, momentarily the announcement of having new members added into J=J and Tsubaki Factory as well as the new debuting group also adding in new members made me forget that the new members were barely there for 2-3 months and have yet to have a solid offical debut at that time, it would be quite overshadowing if they just announced the addition when ANGERME’s new members are just about to have their first single release in two weeks.
The timing of it would’ve seemed unfair.

And it does make sense if you think about it, whilst Yume and Riai were the first member addition in 2019, they did not have their single debut till early 2020 (March iirc) whilst Rin was added in July and debuted that same year. And MM°19 was in the middle in both ends.

My point is imagine balancing 3 groups and a debuting group, the auditions and then the announcements and then working towards the idol training (learning some of the respective groups previous singles and dance routines as well as others for hello project concerts) and studio recording the debuting singles, and on top of that the added bonus being the restrictions thanks to Covid, would be quite a tricky situation to handle. The 3 new members waited an entire year for the auditions and half a year to debut. To announce the members now would be an insult… I think
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby koregaboku » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:36 am

Celedam wrote:Fujimoto covers (?) "Melodies" by GAM…

I've thought this passively for awhile but I believe that if Ayaya were to (even temporarily) come out retirement, Mikitty would be the one drag her out.

I don't see Ayaya restarting a full-blown solo career but I could kind of see a "one (or two) night only GAM anniversary event."

It would sell gangbusters and Ayaya would like bring in a bunch of money to her and Keita's household (not that they need it).
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Idol Yua Mikami is obsessed with Hello! Project that started a new column series called "I can't live without Hello! Pro" Vol.1
https://fempass.today/article/2331
Amped
High Priest

Postby iluvatarin » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:01 pm

So what do you guys think about H!P these days? The last time I really talked to most of you the members and groups were almost completely different (except for that Ponpon which just keep hanging around). What keeps you following H!P these days? Are there new girls you're intrigued by? Still following some of the OG who also hang around?

As for me I actually often ask myself about this. I'm not as avid a fan as I used to be, when I watched media and followed blogs and such all the time. These days my main connection to H!P is the Q&As and listening to my playlist when at work or in the car or I just want some background music at home. It's not that I don't follow new updates at all, but not like I used to. I still of course know all the girls, know a good bit about them, and know most of the songs (though I haven't kept up with a lot of the newer stuff, like I still haven't listened to the recent MM or Tsubaki albums). But H!P has been such a big part of my life for so long it's just like it's always there, even if I'm not actively looking for it, you know?
iluvatarin
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:30 pm

The entire experience is still fun for me. I'm more or less following along as I always have. The one time I really thought my interest might wane was when Tsunku stepped back from general production and we started getting fewer songs from him, but the songwriting talent they use alongside him now is great. The music still being consistently enjoyable for me is definitely important.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:05 pm

I've trotted out this analogy from time to time, so sorry for repeating myself, but to me, following H!P occupies a place in my mind similar to that of following a home sports team. I feel naturally loyal to them and to the idea of maintaining an ongoing interest in them, even if it waxes and wanes periodically. I wish for their success and hope their new members flourish.

I reject the idea that some ex-fans have that everyone is meant to "outgrow" H!P fandom and there's maybe something wrong with people who still have an interest.

People don't normally say to Dallas residents, "Why are you so obsessed with those men running around in tight outfits? The only possible reason is that you must be some kind of perv!" Or "What's wrong with you that you're still following the Cowboys? They haven't won a championship in 25 years, find a new hobby!" Just like every Dallasite, I'm gonna keep hoping for a big win forever, no matter how distant the last world championship was. But even without that win, I'm still on H!P's side.

To your other questions, back when Kaori graduated, for like 5 seconds I thought that might be it for me, but I soon realized that it's not about just one person. For every girl who leaves, others just as good or better come into their own. I feel that the level of talent, beauty, and even the music quality is as strong now as it was back in the golden or platinum eras. Certainly overall singing ability is way better now in my opinion. And I like that H!P mostly dropped the occasionally oversexed fanservice aspect on one hand, and the nursery school H!P egg concept on the other (and the combination of both :fear:) and has become a generally wholesome talent showcase for young women with very few of the creepy wota aspects that some other agencies promote.

The only things I really miss are the scripted humor bits like Haromoni, and their frequent interactions on comedy programs. But that is made up for by more regular in-house content than we could've ever dreamed about 20 years ago. Plus the ability to follow the careers of OGs of whom there are more and more every year. Speaking of OGs and things I miss: Eri, goddamit.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby JonCC » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:51 pm

Zunu wrote:Plus the ability to follow the careers of OGs of whom there are more and more every year. Speaking of OGs and things I miss: Eri, goddamit

This really must be emphasized. So many OG's are doing their own thing.
Whereas 10-15 years ago they'd disappear after graduation, these days you can't go online to without seeing another Youtube channel, online fanclub, or social media presence popping up.

Sayashi Riho, both Haruna's, Niigaki Risa, Fujimoto Miki, Yaguchi Mari, Hamaura Ayano, Tsuji Nozomi, Aikawa Maho, Fukuda Kanon,...
The list is huge.
They're all still there for people to enjoy their work both as part of M-line or independently.
There are a few who no longer chose to be in the spotlight, but that's very much the minority it seems.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project