The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 pm

In the trailer, they showed the main guy getting a notice that he won a ticket to a Matsuura Aya handshake event. Maybe we'll see Yuhane in a handshake event scene.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Not sure where to post this piece of trivia

Someone made a comment on the Morning Musume Wiki page and said this
If no one graduates or joins Morning Musume before the end of December, 2020 could be set to be the first year since 2008 in which no changes were made to the line-up

I just spent the next 10-15 minutes researching each time the member line up changed and never realised that it had changed literally every year.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:57 pm

It's pretty impressive, isn't? lol
I personally think Ikuta would have left at the end of the fall tour if corona hadn't happened though. Or anyone else, really - the statistics speak for it. :lol:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:24 pm

I think Ikuta is determined to stay for the long run, didn’t she scold someone for naturally assuming she was graduating soon?
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 am

I don't remember her scolding anyone, but she always kept saying she wanted to be around for the Olympics and if Corona hadn't happened the olympics would have been over by now and with that... I could see her move on. :lol:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby koregaboku » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 am

I've also been wondering about how much longer 9ki/10ki will stick around.

They've been around... For a while. As has Sakura to an extent.

I actually think Mizuki and Eripon might have a joint graduation- I don't see Eripon wanting to be Leader and Mizuki will graduate eventually.

Then I think we might have a year or two of Ishida as a transitional leader (Gaki to Mizuki's Ai-chan) where Maa-chan and even potentially Sakura graduates.

I can't remember how 12th gen is but I could see Miki serving as leader. She's vocal enough that she has a voice but not much of a big character.

I guess a Sakura as Leader could happen but it'd be weird. She's the most explicitly "hungry" member but I guess she could pull a Sayu and switch it up on us.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Mizuki and Eripon have been around for 9 years. 10 years this coming January. That’s near the tenure length of Ai and Gaki and Tanaka Reina. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made an official announcement on their 10th anniversary. Still they are still here so perhaps it’s too early to predict the future of Momusu and when 9/10/11 Gen will be graduate.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Fukumura and Ikuta graduate together? Yes. Or Ikuta will graduate first and then Fukumura very soon after. They're under no illusions about their popularity relative to each other, so they know it would be anticlimactic for Ikuta to graduate after Fukumura instead of before.

Ishida as a transitional leader? Yes, but for a little longer than Niigaki was. And while Ishida is leader, Sato and Oda will both graduate. Oda doesn't have the personality or desire to be leader, not while she has a good shot at a solo career, and Sato won't want to stay in the group without Ishida. And then, after they're both gone, Ishida will graduate as well.

Nonaka is a wild card. It's hard to tell what she wants, especially since everything above will take another year or two to happen. By the time it's her turn, she may choose — or be quietly encouraged — to pass on it. She's been diligent, but unfortunately she's never made much of an impression. I wouldn't be surprised at all if her graduation from the group coincides with her graduation from university.

I think the next regime of any real note or duration will be Makino and Kaga. Makino absolutely wants to be leader, and she has enough mainstream visibility/popularity to be valuable in the role. And Kaga is actually older (just a month younger than Nonaka), is close friends with Makino, and has the right personality to support Makino like Niigaki supported Takahashi or Tanaka supported Michishige.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Amped wrote:December FC releases
ANGERME Kamikokuryo Moe and Kasahara Momona Birthday events 2020 FC DVD Digest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVOHUHBDFPk

Now they're posting previews at 60fps and at 1440p resolution.
All for something that's going to be released on DVD. :facepalm:

At least we've got access to next day HD streams now.
They've already got that and music streaming as part of the FC and the H!P mobile app.
Why not have them roll out a streaming service (partner with someone if need be), a bit like Floatplane perhaps,for a flat monthly fee?

Concerts, FC events, their own shows, stage plays,...
They'd certainly have a sizable built in audience willing to pay from day one.
Dohhh UP 2.0 if you will, with 15 years of technological progress.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:25 am

Inoue Rei gives off such a different vibe now that she’s in Juice=Juice. Kind of like Inaba Manaka, I tend to forget they were even in another group sometimes.

I guess it’s a testament to how well the H!P groups seem to weave together now, so well that she isn’t seen as overly out of place.

I guess part of me saw her as front girl in Kobushi and maybe even a face for the group and thought, would she get that same aura happening? But in Juice she’s gotten put into my middle of a very overwhelming talent group and she isn’t out of place at all and it’s not weird.

And by weird I mean, Miki Fujimoto being thrown into Morning Musume weird. That took awhile to settle out.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project