The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby koregaboku » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:19 am

koregaboku wrote:I may have missed this memo because I've admittedly been less engaged with H!P than before but...

Can we plz get a Ogata Risa/Kitagawa Rio subunit? They look soooooo similar.

I'd even settle for a duet performance (at first). Cabbage Hakusho might be a little odd since Tsubaki has legit covered it but maybe a Dia Lady/Lady Mermaid moment?

Please UF, please!

Edit. Wait. Duhhhh. A W performance or cover!! (If we're going with the they look very similar approach).

So maybe I just think most girls look like Ogata and Rio at this point?

I was scrolling through the Concerts thread and I saw Yuhane's bday event pics and my first thought was "That's such a cute outfit that Rio has on."

Oops.

(Still a very cute outfit... It's just not Rio, lol.)
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 pm

I discovered that Ikuta Erika currently as of now, only had 36 seconds of solo lines in A-sides... :| :| :|
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:39 pm

I think Eripon rarely complains about that anymore. She actually embraces it and makes the one liners her thing.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:47 pm

While watching an old °C-ute performance ("Wakkyanai (Z)" at the 2006 Sports Festival) it hit me how much Wakana does indeed remind of baby Airi. :lol:

Also this, if anyone here wants to contribute!
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Should UF follow the trend and bring in a Korean producer / song writer to turn make a new H!P group into a non-Korean K-POP group like Niziu? Dressing all flashy and bright colored. Is it really H!P's style?
Amped
High Priest

Postby resop2 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Amped wrote:Should UF follow the trend and bring in a Korean producer / song writer to turn make a new H!P group into a non-Korean K-POP group like Niziu? Dressing all flashy and bright colored. Is it really H!P's style?

I would be for it if they tone down some of the over the top sexuality of some of the K-POP groups dancing.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Stereo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Please never. Kpop style of music is not what i hope for HP at all. If you want to listen Kpop, there is already enough of that everywhere. Hp style is so unique, so sophisticated in the best sense of the word. There is nothing like that with that range of variety of pop music style. It's smart, beautiful, meaningful, taking care of people, when Kpop is so vulgar looking, flashy, redundant, exhausting, and even unhealthy for artists. But that's how I feel things, just my personal feeling, don't want to hurt anyone.
Bring back Jean Luc ponpon instead :)
Stereo
Senior Initiate

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:02 pm

The handful of H!P songs we currently have that were written by Kpop composers are already some of the more forgettable for me in the long-term (which is generally how I feel about most Kpop songs last year and this year; and as for the direct example given, I don't like any of NiziU's songs even in the short-term), so I'm gonna go with a respectful "thanks, but no thanks".
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:43 am

I don't know why NiziU was brought up anyway? NiziU is supposed to be JYP's Japanese answer to TWICE, so it seems a little silly to ask if UF should "follow the trend."
:whistling:

If they really wanted to transition into a more western sound, pretty sure they would've done so already. ;) (FWIW I like Kpop but it really is just western music trends that are about 3 years late.)
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:11 pm

I think H!P has been doing very well lately with the song choices, and I don't think it needs to change even with kpop composers etc. Just keep doing what's being done! I love it.

Amped wrote:I think Eripon rarely complains about that anymore. She actually embraces it and makes the one liners her thing.

Yeah, and besides some girls like having the "sidekick" role that Erina has. I think Akane also falls into a similar position
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project