OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby erilaz » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:08 pm

Koa really looks a lot like his mommy.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:25 pm

So I got bored and started checking on some things, and I learned… well… there's no other way to put it…

Junjun has become big star in China.

She's gone from supporting roles in television dramas, which were pretty good to begin with, to leading roles in major films. Here's her latest from last year; she first appears at 8:07…

As far as I can tell, her idol prettiness has made her a go-to actress for playing younger characters with a comedic or melodramatic flair that genuinely young — and therefore inexperienced — actresses might not be capable of. That has been the pattern across most of the works I've seen her in.

Her career might be on hold now, however, because she just had her first child this past May. (And also because TV and film production has been shut down around the world.)

Of course other people in the H!P fandom already know all of this, because I learned it from one of the wikis…

https://helloproject.fandom.com/wiki/Junjun

…but she hasn't been mentioned here in a while, so it might be news to some of you like it was to me.

Anyhow, Junjun is (was?) a big star and Linlin married into money. They've both done well for themselves.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:17 pm

Kana made a video with her sister. They eat together and she does a Q&A. (They might as well be twins.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:52 am

Sayumi's countdown to 31st birthday Instagram live

Sayumi reveals what's in her bag for Bijin magazine August issue
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:20 am

A few days ago…

Celedam wrote:[Ogata] went back to black hair. It looks good but somewhat matte; it needs to be washed a few times, to remove the excess dye and restore some natural variation and luster.

Ah, this is better. :happy:

She also checks what people are saying about her on Twitter…

She uses the term エゴサ (egosa, "egosearching" or "egosurfing"). We call it "googling yourself", but we also call all flavored gelatins "Jell-O" and all facial tissues "Kleenex" and all photocopiers "Xerox machines" and… well, you get the idea.

The point is that these are not comments posted on her own YouTube or Instagram. These are just tweets that mention her, either directly or indirectly.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:05 pm

Iikubo is appearing in a new horror work titled "OWLMAN" (オウルマン), alongside Kodama Haruka (兒玉遥; HKT48) and Oka Nobuaki (岡延明). It'll be a mix of video and novel for the e-Story app "peep" and releases on 7/22.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:29 am

Sayashi Riho will be reprising her role of Lily from the LILIUM play series from 2014 and 2015, in a new stage production titled "Kuro-sekai".

Sayashi Riho wrote:I’m appearing in a musical “Kuro-sekai” this fall as the main character “Lily” which I played in musicals “LILIUM” “Nirinzaki” in 2014 and 2015. I’m so grateful to be able to play Lily again!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCqfUH5FXlA/
boinsie
Guru

Postby JonCC » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:13 am

JonCC wrote:Because it will no doubt impact Fukuda Kanon:

Well that didn't take long.

Oomori Seiko is associated with H!P in a number of ways.
Hope this doesn't escalate into something worse.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 am

Nakanishi has become a spokesperson the public face for an accessories brand called Solpenna, and she's now using her YouTube channel to promote it.

First an introduction…

…and then a 20-minute live stream…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikBI9Cm1R70

…during which she talks about the brand and browses the online store.

Hrm. A paid product placement like Tsuji does is one thing; she gets her family involved and at least tries to make it interesting. This is simply an informercial.

EDIT: It seems she is more than just a spokesperson, she is also a stakeholder of some kind. This isn't just an Etsy shop, though. She must have partners or backers, because she couldn't have done all of that by herself.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Kudo Haruka will appear in the movie "461-ko no Obento" (461個のおべんとう) as the character Kashiwagi Reina (柏木礼奈). The movie is based on the autobiographical essay "461-ko no Bento wa, Oyaji to Musuko no Otoko no Yakusoku" (461個の弁当は、親父と息子の男の約束。) by Watanabe Toshimi.
https://twitter.com/Haruka_Kudo1027/sta ... 9572743168
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project