6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Zunu » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Really nice find, Amped. Thanks. Similar in musical genre to Kana Nishino, that's a win for me.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 pm

DA PUMP U.S.A. single
Oricon 2nd week
Weekly rank #18
Sold 4,920
total 17,599
Amped
High Priest

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 pm

http://kshow123.net/show/produce-48/episode-1.html

And it's out! Subs and all. It's also 2 hours long.

The difference between the Korean girls and the 48G girls is pretty nuts. I'm really shocked to find out that the 48G's have absolutely zero training. H!P has vocal coaches and dance teachers, but 48G has... nothing? They said they are just supposed to figure it out themselves and learn from older girls in the group. Akimoto expressed that he wants 48G to be global so that's kinda why he did it but man they have a long way to go if they want to be taken seriously.

Sakura nailed it on the head when she said Korean idols are respected all over the world, but Japanese idols are only respected in Japan and it frustrates her. GIRL I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

Watching it I kinda wished H!P participated. Oda, Maachan, and Murotan would have done so good as all-rounders. I see H!P getting brought up in corners of the internet as the "Performance Idols" and 48G isn't an indicator of Japanese talent, which is making people look into H!P more. So I guess it's win-win.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:05 pm

JENNI took a pic with Miyazaki Yuka and Kanazawa Tomoko last month
https://twitter.com/JENNI_2017_/status/ ... 4477660160

She says Yuka watches her videos
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm

AH: Thanks for linking that. I forgot to bookmark it the other day. :lol: I haven't watched it yet, but I hope Ka Eun does well. Pledis really screwed her over.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Denki » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:56 pm

They just released the mid-week rankings.
https://m.tv.naver.com/v/3440304/list/227035

Spoiler: show
Kaeun is currently #1.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:39 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:http://kshow123.net/show/produce-48/episode-1.html

And it's out! Subs and all. It's also 2 hours long.
I'm holding out for episodes 2 and 3 to bring back the fun for me. A huge part of the reason I enjoyed S1 so much (besides it being an all-female season) was because it felt fun, even when the girls were being criticized the overall feeling of the show was a positive and enjoyable and they didn't linger on negativity for too long. The initial ranking auditions were one of the best parts.

The first episode of PD48 was lacking that fun, largely thanks to the editing. It started fine, with everyone filling the seats. Beyond that there was way too much focus on pointing out the same differences over and over and over again, generalizing, and some of the judges criticisms seemed unusually thoughtless. I get that they're trying to set up some BS redemption and "look at our great training" stories, but focusing so much on it killed the episode for me.

I was so excited to have a female season again, even while not caring a lick about *48. I really want to be able to enjoy it. I hope the tinge of negativity is done away with beyond the intial ranking. :/
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:10 am

http://kshow123.net/show/produce-48/episode-2.html

Second Episode out!

The second episode focuses less on Japan vs Korea (Though they mention it in Sakura and Jurina's Eval for the revenge storyline) and more of the AKB girls get decent/good grades, which means they were adding drama to the first episode for views. Nayoko mentioned the first episode seemed a bit dire, but I think this lightens it back up again (The group dance to Nayana and Heavy Rotation was too cute) and a lot of Japanese girls shine. Most notably to me was Mako, Juri, and Tomu doing Playing with Fire. I loved it, I wanna see the whole thing.

I'll put the rest on spoilers.

Spoiler: show
I can see why people are drawn to Sakura. She got a "Somi A" but man I was really drawn to her. She has a fire in her eyes and she seems to speak so sincerely that you want to listen to her. I've been paying attention to Stage48 and they rag on her a lot there in their P48 thread hahaha. They say it's all an act and she's a manipulator. BUT it's working on me so whatever. I still think if she got an A, then Jurina deserved an A too, however.
They also did the re-evaluations and OMG HITOMI. She's so talented! Aoi has really stole my heart too, I dunno why but I'm super drawn to her THe fact she kept moving around to see the trainer because she was too short was helpful too haha). Ikumi redeems herself big time, too. Most of the Japanese girls redeemed themselves, the judges even said so. They learned the Korean and Japanese version (Most of the Korean Trainees couldn't learn the JP version) and BYJ said they aren't untalented, they're just untrained. It makes me think that Japanese idols really do pass auditions because of their potential, not for their polish. We see it all the time in H!P.
The Korean and Japanese girls really do not care about the "versus" thing the show is trying to do, so it was nice seeing everyone interact even though they barely understood each other.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Moh » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 am

Chuning Candy - S.T.L.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby resop2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:47 am

resop2