6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby erilaz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 pm

stam4o wrote:

If I hadn't already preordered this single, I would have to do so now.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Daisuki Daiiyo wrote:What the hell, I'm so fscking proud of Miyavi. My middle-school self is excited as can be for him, since I'd never anticipated his career taking this sort of path lol. Also, this song is pretty good. (The last thing of his that I listened to was probably Girls Be Ambitious hahaha)

Kimi ni Negai wo was mine. He was such a huge part of my time in High School, but I never stopped listening to the stuff I already had. Especially his mostly acoustic guitar album Miyaviuta -Dokusou-, I really loved his guitar style. When a friend of mine posted about him being in Unbroken I bugged out. I've even check out his new stuff in English and I actually like it quite a bit (After being an MM fan so long, style changes don't phase me lol). I also like the fact Angelina found him online. Makes me wonder if she has a secret Visual Kei love haha. Seeing him so poised in the interview was bizarre as well. My last memory of watching him talk was him spazzing in a Youtube video.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:41 am

Hmmm Japan Nite is coming to Denver... maybe I will go.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby esm » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:53 am

forgetmenots wrote:
Daisuki Daiiyo wrote:What the hell, I'm so fscking proud of Miyavi. My middle-school self is excited as can be for him, since I'd never anticipated his career taking this sort of path lol. Also, this song is pretty good. (The last thing of his that I listened to was probably Girls Be Ambitious hahaha)

Kimi ni Negai wo was mine. He was such a huge part of my time in High School, but I never stopped listening to the stuff I already had. Especially his mostly acoustic guitar album Miyaviuta -Dokusou-, I really loved his guitar style. When a friend of mine posted about him being in Unbroken I bugged out. I've even check out his new stuff in English and I actually like it quite a bit (After being an MM fan so long, style changes don't phase me lol). I also like the fact Angelina found him online. Makes me wonder if she has a secret Visual Kei love haha. Seeing him so poised in the interview was bizarre as well. My last memory of watching him talk was him spazzing in a Youtube video.

I loved his MYV Pops album when it came out. I even bought the more expensive edition of the album with the photobook. <3 :lol: Haven't paid much attention since then though. Apparently he has become more "normal" ever since he had kids...?
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby erilaz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 am

AyuHikaru wrote:Hmmm Japan Nite is coming to Denver... maybe I will go.

You should! I can't vouch for the other bands on the bill, but TsuShiMaMiRe always put on a great show. (I've seen them six times so far.) And the tickets are always pretty cheap: $15 in San Francisco last year.

Artists I've seen on the Japan Nite tour since I started going in 2005:

Asakusa Jinta
The Beaches
CHATMONCHY
Detroit 7
The Emeralds
FLiP
FOUR MINUTES TIL MIDNIGHT
GO! GO! 7188
The 50 Kaitenz
HAPPY
HY
Hystoic Vein
Jake stone garage
JinnyOops!
JOSY
jungles!!!
Kao=S
Ketchup Mania
Lolita No. 18
MO'SOME TONEBENDER
NOKIES!
noodles
OKAMOTO'S
Omodaka
Oreskaband
Petty Booka
the pillows
Pirates Canoe
RED BACTERIA VACUUM
SA
SCANDAL
Sparta Locals
Titan Go King's
TsuShiMaMiRe
Vampillia
Yamazaki Chihiro + Route 14 Band
ZARIGANI$
ZUKUNASISTERS
ZZZ's
Last edited by erilaz on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:43 am

esm wrote:I loved his MYV Pops album when it came out. I even bought the more expensive edition of the album with the photobook. <3 :lol: Haven't paid much attention since then though. Apparently he has become more "normal" ever since he had kids...?

Just in styling/piercings, but he's still OTT when it comes to performing and music lol. :lol:

forgetmenots wrote:Kimi ni Negai wo was mine. He was such a huge part of my time in High School, but I never stopped listening to the stuff I already had. Especially his mostly acoustic guitar album Miyaviuta -Dokusou-, I really loved his guitar style. When a friend of mine posted about him being in Unbroken I bugged out. I've even check out his new stuff in English and I actually like it quite a bit (After being an MM fan so long, style changes don't phase me lol). I also like the fact Angelina found him online. Makes me wonder if she has a secret Visual Kei love haha. Seeing him so poised in the interview was bizarre as well. My last memory of watching him talk was him spazzing in a Youtube video.

His guitar style is pretty cool. And with the wild child Angie was when she was younger, it wouldn't surprise me if she had a soft spot for VK XD I like seeing him so poised in interviews though, I think it further shows how much he's grown over the years, and how smart he is :heart: Not to say that he couldn't have been before, but it is a nice reveal or "gap" from what you would've expected lol.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby erilaz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:19 pm

Interested parties should check out the website for SCANDAL's world tour. Dates are being announced and tickets are going on sale. Three shows have been scheduled in the U.S. so far: one in Chicago and two (!) in the L.A. area (West Hollywood and Anaheim). Hoping for San Francisco here….

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/s ... dtour2015/
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:55 pm

Chicago D=. Finally a major group going somewhere not on the coasts.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby wotakubrandon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:49 am

I wish I liked them more tbh.
wotakubrandon

Postby esm » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:49 am

Moh wrote:Wtf moumoon at SXSW. :crying:

Perfume too :fear:
http://sxsw.com/music/news/2015/sxsw-mu ... -confirmed