[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Postby resop2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:00 am

Hello everyone.

I am back home after a long journey. I was able to attend the H!Party and the concert but failed miserably at any of the after activities. I have a degenerative back condition so if I stand still for 10 minutes it will feel like ice pics are being driven into my upper legs. So, I was not able to stand in line for 8 hours and even if I did I would not have been able to handle the merchandise line, so no handshake for me. To add insult to injury, after the concert I tried going to a chic Ramen place and the line was way out the door so I just turned around and went back. At the after-party club thing I noticed that there were zero places to sit down so I also turned around and went back.

As for the concert, I was sitting WAYYYYYYYYYYYY in the back which in wota terms means I was at a different concert than the real wota. The loud was loud but not painful and one really felt the crunch of the bass guitar. For me, it was a great concert by a great group but not an OMG religious experience, probably because I was so far away and could not attend the handshake. I sat next to three girls who were really into it. They stood up the entire time while I sat most of the time. This would have worked out well if the girl closest to me didn't keep drifting into my line of vision. MM.'14 in oshiri-vision! However, they gave me some glow sticks so I should no complain. Not that it made any difference at all, but the monitor in front of my seat was the only monitor that was defective. It had no ability to show yellow. Everyone around me noticed this, too. As for kook theories, my only one is that Kanon had zero clue she was going to get a MONSTER pop from the fans and spaced out on what she had to say. Riho noticed this and deliberately and excessively screwed up her English segment so that people wouldn't remember Kanon spacing out.

I stayed in town with Chibs, Amped, and Kuro. We had a great time talking H!P. Unfortunately, I probably said less than 10 words to anyone else total since half the time I was being "The Anti-Social Wota" by sitting down against a wall.

At the H!P party I did the picture thing with Sayumi, and a nice guy helped me out writing up on a chalkboard the hiragana for "Sorry I am Bald". The dance segment of the party was 99% girls since most of the guys were to intimidated to get of the dance floor with a bunch of girls had who obviously practiced these dances until they were blue in the face. I also went to the free swag table several times and then got depressed for the girls whose pictures no one wanted. I only took one photo since collecting photos is an addicting activity and I don't want to blow my budget on it.

So now I will be going grocery shopping. Hopefully the combination of an inversion table session, Ice & Heat alternation for two hours, an NSAID and stretching will return thing to semi-normality.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:20 am

^But in spite of it all, you were there and had a good time!

The closest I got to NY all weekend was San Dimas -- and I didn't even run into Bill & Ted. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:24 am

Mezamashi Aqua and Mezamashi TV news - Satoda Mai appearance sharing the headline news with Morning Musume. '14

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:33 am

fans were polled in NY about their favorite member

#1 - Sayu
#2 - Pocchari Kanon
#3 - Riho
#3 - Mizuki
#3 - Eripon
Amped
High Priest

Postby Chibs » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 am

yay, like resop said i was sharing with amped and resop, i got to meet bonsie, esm and erilaz. Saw Pavlova, didn't see 321. Got to talk to the girls and actually see a few of the kyuukies walking around nyc. It was great. It is too bad no one had video of the handshake, I think Maachan shined there.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:44 am

^ Eh? I wasn't polled. >.> hmmph.

I just read some of the girls blog-posts, the ones who have posted already... Kanon didn't say much, Erippon was super excited and wrote about how happy she was, sayu too... And daishi said she'll tell us later. XD I WANNA READ WHAT THEY THOUGHT ALREADYYYY XD

Also, idk who asked earlier, but someone asked "was it really loud?" well, to answer that, it WAs pretty loud, but it wasn't at the point where everything sounds like white-noise... it sounded really good. Especially the bass, you were able to FEEL it vibrating in your body and on the floor. was REALLY cool. XD

Also, Boinsie,, it wasn't an american towel, it was just blue white and red. LOL derp derp.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:47 am

the photoset that cost more than the T-shirt
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 am

Amped wrote:- shaking Mizuki's hand and telling her she is my favorite. i wave at her and she waved back, i was really nervous :love:

Wait, I thought Haruka was your fave. Dang it, that's why I got you the orange light stick!! ^^;;;;; I hope it's still ok. :lol:
Amped wrote:i accidentally hit some people several times, sorry sorry.

In the pit there was a middle-aged woman to my left whom, before the concert started, I accidentally bumped while unpacking my Sayu glowsticks one-handed. I was like, "Oh, sorry!!" and in the most hippy-cool fashion she replied something along the lines of, "Don't worry about it! I'm sure it'll happen more times during the concert, and that's fine, too. We're here to have fun!" She politely wielded her dualie shining King Blades in pink the whole show. :thumbs-up:
Come to think of it, she was wearing a Morning Musume in USA shirt from '09... I should have asked her name, but alas, I had other things on my mind.
Zunu wrote:
3. For encore we alternated between En-Co-Ru and Sa-Yu-Min for like 10 minutes

Some people were definitely confused and were saying "En-Co-Re." But, I doubt any of the girls know enough English to know that "En-co-re" is wrong in English too, so, no worries.

... I've always thought it was アンコレ being shouted. :doh: Yesterday I definitely heard some アンコル shouts and thought to myself "silly people. :roll: " orz
boinsie
Guru

Postby esm » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 am

resop2 wrote:At the after-party club thing I noticed that there were zero places to sit down so I also turned around and went back.

Wasn't worth it, to be honest. The way they advertised it made it seem like it would be bigger. Also, some of the things on the flier weren't there. There were no H!P cocktails. The sound system wasn't really working so the music was really soft, although I think people enjoyed the videos nonetheless. The bartender (who was working alone) was probably thinking "wtf's up with these people", especially when some of the PVs that were played were like... Massara Blue Jeans, Mystery Night, etc. It was nice hanging out with people, but I felt like we shouldn't have had to pay $10 to get in there.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Chibs » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:16 am

A whole bunch of us went to a yakuniku place close by. Went home afterward cause I had to wake up early.
Man seeing people post on facebook about going home, makes me realize exactly how much i don't want it to be over :(
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project