6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby BerryzCelebration » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:05 am

I said most,not all XD.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby sada* » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:42 am

BerryzCelebration wrote:I said most,not all XD.

Name some. Bring facts to your argument.
sada*
Acolyte

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:14 am

Thats why I said its selfish by either her or management.

Kouhaku is meant to be a prestigious and happy event to end the new year. Not something that is to be associated with a graduation of a member.

She's not going to graduate straight away, heck Tomochin announced her graduation at the AKB movie release event and left a long time after that. Aki-P is surely going to prolong her graduation as long as he can to make heaps of money from her graduation. I imagine her being center for the next few singles, and their sakura single is definitely going to try and exploit that.

@BerryzCele Most girls who make senbatsu...? Kasai Tomomi didnt have a graduation song I think so thats 2 girls against your theory.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:00 pm

How many girls made center in their graduations anyway? Doesn't seem all that many to me off the cuff but maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, I think painting Yuko as being selfish is giving her way too much authority. It's not like she dictated terms to AKB or Kouhaku management. Everybody had to agree and be on the same page. Maybe it was inappropriate, but if that's the case, Kouhaku is pimping itself out just as much as AKB and Yuko were. I'm sure that NHK didn't at all mind having Japan's all-time #1 girl's group and top-tier idol insinuate by their actions that "Kouhaku is still relevant and important enough that it is deserving of this exclusive and (in the idol world) earth-shattering scoop!"
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby koregaboku » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 pm

So... I've tried to listen to *48 songs (mostly AKB) but what I don't get is that the songs don't seem very catchy to me. IMO none of their super smash hits really have an instantly catchy melody or really any change in tone. The songs seem to follow a pretty basic formula where there's never really any tension (?) throughout any of the songs.

The reason why I got into MM. was because I listened to Onna ga Medatte once and couldn't get the melody outta my head. I understand that AKB's original selling point was "idols you can see everyday" but what with their success it's not like you can see the A-List girls every day anymore.

I guess I'm just confused because I don't really see what's the gravitating about the *48 groups other than the pretty faces and the fan service.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Starra » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

^What, not even Heavy Rotation? :o

Most of their singles are kinda boring anyway. They're not.... horrible or anything, but lately they've been bland. I'm not saying early AKB >>>>>>>> current AKB or anything but. Idk.

My favourite AKB song will forever be Yasai Sisters.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby koregaboku » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:06 pm

I know Heavy Rotation is "I want you, I want you" but that's all I got out of it and I even forget that pretty easily because it's so cliche.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby esm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:18 pm

I like almost every AKB48 singles. I often listen to all of them on shuffle while studying or something lol.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Zunu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:22 pm

I like about half of them. They do have some pretty nice non-single cuts. I was playing Abogado ja nee shi on heavy rotation, no pun intended.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby sada* » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:41 pm

They have a lot of good stage songs. And I recommend watching a stage performance to better understand AKB48. But for singles I recommend Oogoe Diamond, RIVER, 10nen Zakura and Iiwake Maybe. While their newer singles (2012/13) are catchy they aren't as great as their 2008-9 releases. These are my favourite singles and what got me into the group.

Ponytail to Shushu is also a good song.
sada*
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project