7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby erilaz » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:25 am

Moh wrote:Not sure if anyone here has been watching "Evil" (CBS), but if not, I highly recommend it. The most recent episode makes me never wanna set foot in a hospital again. :)
Some might find some of the content kind of silly; I feel like it works well with all the other things going on.
Worth noting is Michael Emerson playing an absolute creep who just so happens to be an incel! He does a great job with the role. :lol:

He is so incredibly slimy in that role that he fills me with a rage that is usually only inspired by my boss and certain government officials. So in last night's episode...

Spoiler: show
I was extremely pleased by the verbal smackdown that Kristen gave him. :)

And how about that therapist! XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Not sure how I missed mention of "Evil", but I 100% agree. I've been enjoying it a lot, to the point I was almost positive it was going to end up canceled.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:24 am

Yeah, I was a little worried about that since it happens to so many new shows, but I felt relieved seeing that it got renewed. :lol:

erilaz:
Spoiler: show
Oh that smackdown was so good. I knew it was gonna be something once she said "God, you talk too much!" XD

My whole family pretty much went "WTF" once we saw the therapist. And yet... It fits!

Zunu, Cel: Thanks for the recs! I actually have "Fleabag" saved in my to-watch list; I'll check out those others, too. :)
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Celedam » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:12 am

Damnit, I didn't want to have to subscribe to yet another streaming service. The Mandalorian was just one series and I could have lived without it, but now they're doing this to me…

Channel-surfing old sitcoms as a metaphor for exploring Wanda’s reality-warping powers? Sigh. <gets credit card>
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:13 pm

The movie Parasite won 3 Oscar awards. The first Korean film to win best picture.
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:20 pm

^ Best Original Screenplay, Best International Feature, and Best Picture, PLUS Best Director for Bong Joon Ho.

It was a pretty impressive list of firsts. Not only was it the first Korean film to win Best Picture, it was the first non-English-language film ever to win Best Picture. It was also the first Korean film to win an Oscar in any category.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:33 am

I hope more international movies continue to get recognized.
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

I just about finished every campaign in the Definitive Edition of Age of Empires II and now these two other RTS gems from the 90's are geting their own remastering in a few months.

Love it.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Amped wrote:Instagram video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BugewxzHvpZ/

They forgot to turn on the sound for their Instagram video, so someone added the music they were dancing to on the youtube upload.

Morning Musume. '19 members try out this Instagram/tiktok dance trend everyone is doing called "Chorei Taiso" (A morning dance routine), that starts off like your normal radio calisthenics into a full blown dance. It came from that new TV drama "3rd Grade A Class: From Now On, You Are Hostages"

I haven't watched a J-Drama in ages, so I started watching "San-nen A-gumi" with English subtitles, March 2019's hit drama that everyone was hooked on.

https://wvw.drama3s.me/watch/3-nen-a-gu ... 99174.html

The students are trapped in a classroom.

There is a character named "Kageyama Reina"
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 am

So, Half-Life 3 Half-Life: Alyx is finally out. The reviews have been effusive, almost unanimously declaring it to be the best VR game ever made.

I don't have a PC VR device, but I've been watching this playthrough. He knows how to keep the commentary entertaining without overwhelming the actual content (side-eye at jacksepticeye)

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project