7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Moh » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 pm

NBC doesn't need to do anymore remakes, considering how poorly Ironside has been doing. :lol:

Speaking of NBC things, I finally caught up on Grimm and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. The Captain still creeps me out, though.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby esm » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 pm

And speaking of NBC shows, I watched the first episode of Dracula. Not sure how I feel about it yet. So far it seems to have almost nothing to do with the original story apart from them reusing the characters. They could have just made an original show rather than trying to attract fans the lazy way.
Last edited by esm on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Their track record with remakes is a worry too (something like 5 or 6 failed attempts since 2007). I love both "Murder, She Wrote" and Angela Lansbury - and even with it being a different show, it'd be sad to see it handled poorly.

Now I've read that CBS is planning to remake "Charmed". I'm pretty sure it hasn't even been 10 years since that stopped running new episodes, and almost every day I can watch 2 or 3 reruns between two different channels. Why bother? :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:15 pm

esm wrote:I watched the first episode of Dracula. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

I felt like I needed a nap after watching it. I'm hoping it'll get better, but for now, the only redeeming factor is JRM's great teeth. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 pm

DSQueenie wrote:I'm watching Xfactor
What season of which "X Factor"? :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 am

"Da fuh?"

I'd watch it. :thumbs-up:

Which reminds me, I need to add Moonrise Kingdom to my Netflix queue.

---

In other news, a glimmer of hope…

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/24/5025386/j-j-abrams-and-lawrence-kasdan-taking-over-as-writers-of-star-wars-episode-vii

Kasdan wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark, so… yeah.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:59 pm

I just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. I knew going in that Abrams' reboot turned Star Trek into just another stupid action movie franchise with no intellectual or spiritual connection to the original material. I also expected plenty of plot holes and technical mistakes, because hey, it's just another stupid action movie franchise now. But for fudge's sake, I almost had to turn the damned thing off when…

Spoiler: show
"Earth's gravity" pulled two wrecked starships from a dead stop near the Moon all the way back to Earth in just a few minutes.

I'm sorry, that's simply idiotic.

It's a good thing Abrams has Kasdan working on Star Wars, because if he screws up that franchise as much as he's screwed up this one, he's a dead man.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Let's face it, Star Trek was never really high on the list of scientific accuracy to begin with. But there was a certain kind of respect for canon, an attempt at least at internal consistency. Why did Spock need to do that thing he was doing at the beginning of the movie instead of sending a robot? The temperature in such an environment only reaches, AT MOST, about 3,000F. Are we to believe that they have the technology to block photon torpedo bursts but not that? Why did the big E have to hide on the surface instead of using transporter signal "boosters" or whatever those pylon thingies were called; or a shuttlecraft? I'm only 10 minutes into the movie.

The problem with Abrams is he (and the execrable Lindelof) have contempt for their audience. Pay no attention to plot, continuity, structure, accu SHINY LIGHTS AND FALLING THING GO BIG KABOOM! When Mr. Plinkett's "reviews" of your movies are more interesting than the movies themselves, there's a problem. Right, George Lucas?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Yes, on all counts.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Star Trek: Into Darkness is awesome.