7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby wotakubrandon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:43 pm

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT BOINSIE!? WHY IS IT THAT MOTHERTRUCKERS NEVER THROW OUT A BLUE SHELL WHEN I'M NOT IN FIRST? HUH WHAT THE FREAK IS THAT ABOUT!?
wotakubrandon

Postby Rm88 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Blue Shells have nothing on these jerks.

Rm88

Postby Moh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:57 pm

I hate the blue shells and the lightning clouds. :lol: I don't yell obscenities when I play, but I do scream a lot. :whistling:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:41 am

You're a better person than me Moh because oooh weee to I say somethings lol.
wotakubrandon

Postby questorminator » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:03 am

randompasserby wrote:Hell yeah, Shogun II was great after Empire and Napoleon almost turned me away from the series.
The Fall of The Samurai expansion pack also does better with naval, napoleonic infantry and artillery warfare.

I still have a few unfinished campaigns there... might as well try to finish it before the weekend :mikihead:
Legendary Mode ahoy!

Shogun II really lets you micromanage. Not as much as Civilization or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but it allows more options and deeper control. That and the battles are actually a bit more realistic for a change. At least they included the late Tokugawa Era in the Fall of the Samurai pack. For a period as important as that, it rarely gets into video games.

Here's hoping Rome II will include the middle and late Roman Empire.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby randompasserby » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 am

^Not only that but it's the first time in the series that diplomacy finally made sense unlike earlier games. AI clans won't declare war on you out of the blue if you paid attention, either by having standing armies on the field that give them pause ("strong" or at least one level above them) or having a longstanding beneficial trade agreement + leaving them some other direction open to expand.

I appreciate that at least we have some semblance of a narrative/conditions when it's finally go-time for you vs all other AI clans too. Caught by the Realm Divide unprepared for the first time was... quite an experience, to put it mildly.

The you-leading-an-alliance endgame in FOTS was pretty great too.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby questorminator » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 am

^
Yeah, it still pays to beef up at least your capital. Getting all facilities, troop levels, and special units in your capital early on pretty much assures you of a fighting chance especially against a powerful neighbor. Would help a lot to be friends with at least the clan immediately next to you. Having a large domain is nothing compared to having a small but rich and powerful one. You can even afford to play king-maker (or in this case, Shogun maker) by either helping a clan who's on the verge of invading Kyoto or overthrowing the one controlling it. The last time I did that, I helped the Mori clan hold the shogunate using alliances (family, economic, and military), fighting his enemies for him. Before they knew it, I control most of Japan and decided I want to be Shogun myself.

A Mori Clan massacre ensued. :mikihead:

Sometimes I control Mori Clan though, because it's the clan that will eventually be known as Choshu - my favorite clan during the Bakumatsu.
questorminator
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby randompasserby » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:14 am

It's always easier starting from the south I think. Satsuma, Mori and Otomo have great clan advantages, are surrounded by fertile provinces, critical resources, profitable trade nodes and multiple natural choke points.

My easiest and also among the most enjoyable campaign was when I controlled the Mori (VH/VH) and after securing a few critical provinces (for resources and choke points) and a monopoly on the trade nodes early on I was quite content to turtling down and play the trade and diplomacy game. Some overly aggressive neighbors will still get uppity but they'll usually accept a peace treaty meekly after most their armies are wiped off the map. I had no problem replacing/pumping new units since the gold flowed freely to the treasury and wako pirates are cheap as well as powerful utility unit

After a while one of my long time trade partner Hattori declared war on the Shogunate so I jumped in with an alliance offer in exchange for military access, grabbed the rich coastal provinces near Kyoto and spent a few years consolidating a foothold there. After I got filthy rich with multiple stacks of elite samurais on the field, steamroll ensued :twisted:

My most brutal campaign was playing Uesugi, man I could not catch a break back then... lost count of how many times I failed that campaign before succeeding.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Chatin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:43 am

Finished Bioshock Infinite, last night. Very cool game. A bit too many gunfights and backtracking around the middle portion, though. Tried some Bioshock, and the controls feel super clunky after playing Infinite. All the mechanics seem outdated. I know it's supposed to be a classic of this past gen so I'll push myself some more.

In the meantime, got Animal Crossing for the 3DS! Skipped the Wii entry, so I'm well and ready for the quirky AC world.

EDIT: I've been using my 3DSXL since I got it, last August, so everyone should add that version of me, as well. 4811 8228 9443

That way I can actually cross animals and such with y'all.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Chatin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 am

All you gaming nerds should add your details in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6099

I may have overlooked some stuff like Steam, or other PC services. Whatever details you feel like sharing I will add to the 1st post.

EDIT: AC Talk... I need to raid some neighbours to get some better wardrobe choices.

Paid off the first bill. Went with sexy green.

Chatin
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project