7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby randompasserby » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:26 am

GoT
Spoiler: show
In the books Edmure is that incompetent, however well-meaning. If anything the ramifications of his blunder is downplayed compared in the series where he only costs Robb the Mountain's head. I'm not sure how Blackfish can be seen as overly intolerant though, his annoyance at Edmure is well justified and he shows a softer side in his with Catelyn.

One more thing I'm annoyed about the series take on Dany's arc is how badly they convey the scale of the Free Cities and the Slaver's Bay. Budget constraints, I suppose... but it really irks me the way she left Qarth willy nilly after being involved with an incident that results in most of their most prominent leaders dead and locking one up in a vault and looting his estates. Qarth is a supposed to be a thriving city of thousands, there must be some sort of town guard or something. Dany has ragged band of some fifty khalasar, a knight and 3 infant dragons :facepalm:

The book's way of handling things makes a lot more sense to me ;)
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Zunu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:35 pm

GoT: Best parts of this episode:

The Tyrell women acting circles around everybody else. Diana Rigg seems like she was born to play the Queen of Thorns. And Natalie Dormer brings such enjoyment to her sweetly treacherous role. The only ones who see through her meticulously constructed facade are we, the audience, and Cersei, through her innate reptilian instincts.

Sansa's expression when Margaery made that proposition. A look of hope mixed with a fear of being hopeful - perfectly executed.

Dany shouting in Valyrian in that mellifluously husky voice. Her look of sexy triumph :heart: Unfortunately, it seems to me that this was the high point of her entire arc in the books so far. I got the impression that Martin changed his mind regarding the rate of her ascent, and then spent the rest of her story having her circle the airport in a holding pattern, so to speak.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Chatin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 pm

GoT
Dany's scenes in this episodes were amazing. Couldn't have been done better. Her yelling in Valyrian was so good. It almost makes up for the show not giving us the final conversation between Mormont and Samwell. As if it wasn't important. Also not feeling the casting for Ramsey. Not slimy enough. And as much as I'm enjoying the acting by Rigg and Dormer, the way they're stomping all over the arcs in the book is driving me mad. All the exposition in regards to Littlefinger's plans is also unfortunate. I enjoyed how they unfolded in the books.
Chatin
Minion

Postby Zunu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:16 am

GoT
The podcast A Cast of Kings pointed out something I hadn't realized from my recollection of the books, that the whole "I'm Valyrian, bitch!" reveal wasn't a surprise in the books. Because her chapters were done from her POV, we already knew in the books that she understood everything that Kraznys said. This is an instance where the televised version was imo superior to the written form, because Kraznys's comeuppance was that much sweeter.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby resop2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I am currently trying to work my way through the many movies for Kamen Rider OOO. One of the things that the series has going for it is a ridiculously epic image song for one of the power up transformations:

[youtube]K3_kfph5TVQ[/youtube]
resop2
Skeptic

Postby randompasserby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:54 am

Went to see Iron Man 3 yesterday, it was good :D
The story is pretty average, I don't particularly liked the way they choose to resolve some plot threads at the end (I heard it was just in case RDJ won't renegotiate further marvel movies contracts? ) and the side of me that wants consistent and detailed ability specs/power levels gets pretty annoyed at it sometimes but the awesome fight moments and the character development more than makes up for it :up:
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Zunu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:52 pm

GoT-ish ;-)

Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Reina » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:15 pm

resop2 wrote:I am currently trying to work my way through the many movies for Kamen Rider OOO. One of the things that the series has going for it is a ridiculously epic image song for one of the power up transformations

Watanabe Shu sang so well for all the images songs in OOO. I wish he could actually release a single as a singer :lol:

Actors always somehow sing better than those self-proclaimed singers :crazy:
おつかれいなー❤
I miss Yanamin...
Reina
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tanaka Reina

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:53 pm

I've been reading that Reba McEntire is a possibility for one of the judge spots on the next season of "X Factor". :fear:

I won't get my hopes up, but yes please.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Chatin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Everyone says that my mom looks like Reba. We also love Reba, anyways. I wouldn't mind her as a judge, but I'm not sure how suitable she would be in being ruthless on camera.
Chatin
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project