7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Celedam » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:56 am

Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 2

Rumbling, rumbling, the end is coming…

Episode 76 (a.k.a. Season 4, Episode 17) is now available on Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Hulu.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:45 pm

Holy crap, this looks AMAZING!

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 am

Celedam wrote:
Celedam wrote:
Celedam wrote:
Celedam wrote:Well, the [Critical Role] animated series is coming soon to Amazon Prime Video. You can just wait for that, if you want. Production was slowed for a while by the lockdowns, but the current buzz is that the first season might drop by the end of this year.

It's getting close. It's knocking on the door…

It's jiggling the door knob…

It's… oh, see for yourself.

Aww, my metaphor. :fear:

Anyhow, please note…

Spoiler: show
…this clip is almost certainly from the first two episodes, which will be a light-hearted introduction to the characters and setting. It is not representative of the entire series. Think Invincible, if you have watched that.

Now this is what I'm talkin' about!

And one word, for those who know…

ZIGGURAT!
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:34 am

^ I'm so nervous and excited. I'm so nervous for an audience who has no idea what this is to see it. I just hope they like it @_@

And as for your spoiler, I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one who exclaimed that word. I realized it the 3rd time I watched the trailer and got so pumped remembering all the cool fights we're going to get to see come to life ^^~

(Not related to the show, but I just want to mention how I'm also very excited for the new source book coming out because I run a long term tal'dorei campaign, 3 years and counting, that happens to time place around the time that the new book is set so I can't wait to mine it for more setting ideas. >___>)
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby erilaz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:24 am

I know the spoilered word (I've been a history buff since before I can remember), but I have no clue what it has do to with that anime. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:45 am

Can someone assure me that Gravity Falls is worth rushing to finish before it expires off of Hulu at the end of the month? I've watched five episodes so far (i.e., ⅛ of the entire series), and I'm just not feeling it. I already have a general idea of where it goes, especially in the second season, which is why I added it to my queue in the first place. But it bothers me in the same way that Adventure Time and Steven Universe bother me: a few big ideas and loosely-connected bits of lore to hook adults who enjoy puzzles/conspiracies, so that the show can claim it's "for all ages," but the vast majority of it is still just a cartoon for kids.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm

I generally enjoyed it but can't say I think it's worth rushing to finish or that it lived up to all the hype (and I hate the finale).
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:11 am

So, The Legend of Vox Machina premiered today. The first three episodes (of twelve) should be available to anyone who has Amazon Prime…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PZG2979/

I've watched some of it, and I don't know how I feel about it.

It's not what I would call "adult". So far, it's just alternating between vulgar and melodramatic. It's not a good first impression at all. When I talk about how great Critical Role is, this is not what I'm talking about.

I hope it finds its focus by the time it gets into the main story. (The first and second episodes introduce the setting and characters, the third episode introduces the story arc for the season.) But if curious newbies watch the first ten minutes and then turn it off in annoyance or disgust, I'll understand completely.

<sigh>
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:50 am

Celedam wrote:I hope it finds its focus by the time it gets into the main story.

It does.

OH BOY IT DOES.

I'm happy again.

The brilliant thing is that the events of the third episode play out almost exactly like they did in the original campaign. It's like they took a transcripts of the play sessions and then animated them as is. It just works, and it bodes well for the rest of the series.

For reference…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kre27f30IVs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrrB_q-V8G0
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:10 am

^ The next three episodes (i.e., episodes 4–6) are available today.

The first episode of the series, the introductory episode, was a bit rough. But everything since then has been fantastic. It blows my mind how they've condensed hours and hours of live play, yet somehow retained everything that matters. In many ways, it's even better than the original.

For example…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project