7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Amped » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:00 pm

Here's the real Cowboy Bebop trailer
Amped
High Priest

Postby vikitty » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:53 am

I don't care, I absolutely love the anime and I'm absolutely excited for this. This doesn't ruin the original anime, so worst case scenario it tanks (no pun intended) but the anime is still there.
vikitty
Senior Initiate

You kanno make puns like that on this forum!

Postby Zunu » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:48 am

I'm 100% with you there, I'm really looking forward to this! I do think John Cho thus far seems miscast, not really lanky and acrobatic enough, and too old to seem possessed of Spike's laconic yet impetuous vibe (at 49, he could be anime Spike's dad), but the overall look and feel has me hyped.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Zunu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:46 am

Aww dang. Oh well, I'll probably avoid it, no need to subject myself to soul-crushing disappointment.

I never quite finished the last season of Netflix's "Great Pretender." Maybe I'll get back on that to satisfy my itch for jazz inflected anime.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:54 pm

From three months ago…

Zunu wrote:..oh, you wanted recommendations as well, right...um Hulu's kind of sparse with original content but Letterkenny, if you haven't seen it.

A tenth season? In only six years? Sure, why not…

It's a moist watch.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:37 pm

The "Wheel of Time" show is finally here. I haven't finished the third book yet so I'm restricting myself from most of it, but surely they won't spoil any 3rd book material for me in just the first episode. :love:

Edit: Eh, well.. excitement somewhat dampened after watching the first episode. It was alright. Didn't appreciate the unnecessary altered story for one of my favorite characters. Also wondering where they're going to make up for missing the establishing of a semi-important plot point. I might pick it back up if I'm not too deep into anything else by the time I finish the third book, but I'm certainly not in a rush to continue.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:41 pm

^ All these new streaming services are so desperate for content that they're buying up all the intellectual properties they can find and then turning them over to mercenaries… I mean, to writers, producers, and directors who don't understand or care about those IPs. They seem to think name recognition alone will keep things going, and they haven't figured out yet that fandoms overlap so when fans of an IP feel betrayed, that feeling of betrayal will snowball through every subsequent project.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 am

I gave up on WoT (the book series) after book 7? or 8? came out and it just basically consisted of 700-800 pages of the characters running from one end of the world to the other with no plot advancement. There came a point where I just popped out of immersion and the novel turned into a bunch of random A'Postrophe'D W'Ords belched out on the page. I understand that it picked up again after that but I'd already lost interest. That was over 25 years ago (!) so I don't remember the details of the saga at this point. Having said that I've decently enjoyed the two Amazon episodes I've seen so far, judged on their own merits, and not on any adherence or lack thereof to the book plot.

The problem to me is that all of these post-Game of Thrones series just seem derivative and weak by comparison, and that's a function of the source material. George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire," in terms of plot, literary quality, and pacing (at least through the first three books) was just in a league to itself, far beyond Jordan, Bardugo, or any of the other giants of the genre that is Extruded Serial Fantasy Product. So video series that are based upon inferior books inevitably fail to be good enough to be groundbreaking, yet they're not unabashedly silly enough to be as over-the-top fun as something like Xena, although The Witcher comes close in that latter respect. Blah blah blah, Legend of the Seeker, etc., I'm done.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm

I had the 3rd book checked out from the library and waiting but seeing as my enthusiasm was knocked back a few pegs, and they take so long for me to get through, I decided to stop, for now anyway, and hit up some other books from my TBR. I'm in more of a horror & non-fiction mood now anyway.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project