H!P Youtube thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Youtube thread

Postby iceymoon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

^ i stopped after Uchouten LOVE and i was honestly able to believe that was still current S/mileage (for only like 2 seconds before the truth sank back in XD).

found this randomly..
[youtube]hd4gU5hgOVY[/youtube]

just reminds me how much i love Eri. :crying: :heart:
it's nothing in particular she said, so i'm not gonna go into partial translations, but what strikes me most about this video is that it shows her how she is, and how her personality was never a "character" like some of the girls do (and of course, that it's with Tsunku).

also, with GakiKame..
[youtube]O5NB4N3IzoI[/youtube]

this is why i always loved FIVE STARS GakiKame episodes. XD

she's engaging, charming, sweet, natural, animated and a little silly. i never understood why people would label her as boring.. i guess it must have been because during group interviews she wasn't one who would put herself out there. whenever she was called on/asked a question she did well, but she never would interject on an ongoing conversation like, say, Sayu or JunJun.
iceymoon

Postby Starra » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:38 pm

To be honest, I didn't like her because of her character. I don't like the "airhead" personality type of idol. Exactly the same reason why I'm not a fan of Masaki.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Zunu » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 pm

I never really thought of Eri as an airhead. To me that would be more like Nono (during her morning musume days) and Kaorin to some extent, or AKB's Harunyan and Fresh Lemon, ex-AKB Ohe <3, actress Fukakyon, etc. I mean yes she is definitely mypace but nevertheless down-to-earth. I guess I would think of an airhead as dizzy and dumb. Eririn's got the dizzy part but not so much the dumb (at least not from idol standards).
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Starra » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Oh, yeah, I meant the "my pace" character. I wasn't really sure how to describe it. Whoops.

Also, to counter your point: Eri thought Australia was Brazil.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Zunu » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:07 am

Yeh but people have been ignorant about Oceania since time immemorial.
Spoiler: show
I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?' (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.)

Presently she began again. `I wonder if I shall fall right through the earth! How funny it'll seem to come out among the people that walk with their heads downward! The Antipathies, I think--' (she was rather glad there was no one listening, this time, as it didn't sound at all the right word) `--but I shall have to ask them what the name of the country is, you know. Please, Ma'am, is this New Zealand or Australia?'
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Menno » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:08 am

H!P Kids 10 year anniversary comment.

[youtube]wqNc9xNwKfY[/youtube]
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby Noshie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:33 am

Starra wrote:Oh, yeah, I meant the "my pace" character. I wasn't really sure how to describe it. Whoops.

I know y'all are using it to describe Eri but I don't really understand. lol is that really a thing? Whats an example of something a "my pace" character does? :blink:
Noshie
Senior Initiate

Postby Celedam » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:39 am

I don't know if they're exactly the same, but "my pace" and "KY" (kuuki yomenai, lit. "can't read the atmosphere") seem to be used interchangeably, and they mean the person is unorthodox, unconventional, eccentric, wacky, strange, living in their own world, etc. It stands out in Japanese culture because Japanese culture is usually so formal and traditional.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Noshie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:45 am

Thanks! Yeah. That definition makes more sense than what was translating in my head. :)
Noshie
Senior Initiate

Postby wotakubrandon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:01 am

Aren't Haruna and Erina more "ky' though? Actually doesn't that fit all of 9/10th gen except for like Riho and Ayumi.
wotakubrandon

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project