H!P Members' Official Social Media Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Member's Official Blogs Discussion Thread

Postby Amped » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Gaki is family oriented. she loves her family.
Amped
High Priest

Postby SaebaRyo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Celedam wrote:
Risa Niigaki wrote:Oha Star

Keeping it secret from Ikuta, I got to appear on the show through telephone as a surprise

Somehow…I’ve been teary-eyed since morning…

Before my telephone appearance, I was watching Oha Star in my room…and mama took a picture of me…

http://ameblo.jp/nigaki-risa/entry-11171965036.html
http://blog-project.net/niigaki-risa/50281

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet here's the clip.
[youtube]dapBB7Ygo0E[/youtube]
SaebaRyo

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Eripon's love for Gaki is heartwarming. Made me tear up a little.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Sohee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 pm

iceymoon wrote:afaik, none of these girls currently in Hello! Project live on their own. i don't think Aichan did either, not sure if her situation has changed since graduating, though. the only exceptions were JunJun and LinLin, when they lived in Japan.

Eri is still with family, too.
in Japan it seems to be more common to stay with your family until you're older (late 20's, perhaps?), get a career that moves you away, go to school far from home, or get married. i don't have any data on this, it's just based on perceptions and lack of comments from Japanese people and media about finding it weird.

Aichan lives with her sister if I'm not mistaken?

In Japan it's very common even for a 28 year old woman to live at home, if she's not married. Lately I think it's become more and more common for them to move out and such, but basically it's really expensive to live on your own in Japan. (T-T I know this too well.) Houses are insanely expensive and even just an apartment costs a lot, so it's more practical to live at home and if you live at home you're also able to take care of your parents/help them out if needed be. As that's a very common thing to do as well. After marriage the couple might more to their own house or something, but before soon either invite their parents to live with them once they're getting older, or more back to their house, so they can take care of them.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby danzarely » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 pm

^Call me too American, but that sounds just...just awful
danzarely
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Too American.

:P
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby Starra » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:53 pm

TV Tropes calles that values dissonance.

(Basically, it seems weird to some cultures but to others (like Japan) it's perfectly normal.)
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Sohee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

I'd never be able to live at home myself, but I do think it makes sense in Japan. And they're just... idek. Beautiful traditions, even if some might seem S: to us.
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby iceymoon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 pm

i'm living at home right now. :P
but that's because we financially screwed ourselves a couple years back. moving out at the first chance. :lol: not that living with my parents is actually that bad, they're not particularly obnoxious, we get privacy and people to take care of the cats for free whenever we want (which is why a 2 month honeymoon was possible). i also have a free at-home hair dresser, since my mother is a stylist (free product, too). and waking up to a cooked meal is something i'm going to miss, since neither Bryan and i tend to cook (microwave is our friend).

but since we've caught up with our debts and were able to afford our wedding thanks to saving on bills for a couple years, we're now paying rent so.. yeah, makes sense to move out now, assuming i haven't shopped my way through all our saving by the time the lease is up (not entirely impossible). but that's just our culture, i think.. it feels lame to live with parents. if we didn't grow up with that mentality, maybe i could understand living the way some of my family in Mexico does (in multi floor or multi building houses, with the families splitting space.. this happens mainly because of family wanting to be close, expenses being easier to pay together, family owned businesses, and taking care of parents).
iceymoon

Postby Sohee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 pm

I live at home too, and I can't stand it. -.-; but that's mainly cause it's too small and too many people around... and this town makes nothing good for me. xD I guess I could get used to it if it was just me and dad or something but at hte same time I want my own place very, very much. But there are many reasons for that. ^^;
Only reason I'm living at home rn is because I'm leaving in August, if I'd have plans to live and study in Sweden I'd try to find my own place asap.
Sohee
Hierophant

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project