H!P Members' Official Social Media Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Member's Official Blogs Discussion Thread

Postby RpgN » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:58 pm

I never said she should behave like this, or mention that. And I mentioned how ALL blogs are meant to be self-centered since it is about them, there's nothing wrong with that. Sayumi might be more self-centered and attention seeking than Reina is...Sayumi writes about many things in great detail, but she's still humble and means it whenever she mentions others.

I was just talking about her personality (something that I didn't notice or pick on in the past), it shows with her blog entries. Her personality IS self-centered and more childish, it can be seen in a rude way. What she writes about other members, sometimes it doesn't come from the heart and she just mentions it. And when she does, it sounds half-assed. With Ai, she might have not written much about Mizuki but she doesn't write much to begin with. The whole blog entry was about Mizuki, with her picture and nothing else.

Again, I'm not saying she should write like Ai because she can do whatever the hell she wants. I was just wondering if other people noticed this. It shows clearly with her (well at least to me) and she's my favourite member or one of them. So I'm not saying this because I don't like her. And I also liked the blog entries where she went a bit deeper and mentioned some more serious subjects around Ai's graduation, even though it doesn't have much to do with what I'm talking about right now.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:12 pm

If anything, I think Reina has become less self-centered lately, and definitely less childish. She's growing up and finally she acts 20.
I still don't agree to that she's self-centered. She writes about herself in her blog and she likes attention, yes. But so do many of us - despite not being as fond of the spotlight - and that doesn't make you or me or any other person especially "self-centered" as much as it makes us human.

Also, what language do you read her blog in? If in English I could understand if it comes of half-assed, both because mmbbs suck (though they're better than H!O or whoever else it was that did those translations last year) but also because English doesn't have the same nuances that Japanese does. I read her blog in Japanese and I don't think I've thought even once "That's so half-hearted, Reina" except for that one time when she apologized for causing trouble for whatever she and Sayu and Eri did.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby iceymoon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:18 pm

i've thought this about Reina for a few years now. at first i thought she was harsh/bitchy, then i realized she's just not tactful.. and doesn't care to be, really. XD if you're just that way naturally, it's really hard to watch yourself all the time. like when asked what comes to mind about each member, other members would answer something either sweet or standard, but Reina would go into superficial/borderline offensive comments (like with Aika she said "Chin?" and laughed). it can come off as rude (or just actually be rude), but it's part of her personality/character. :lol: maybe even part of her charm to some people? in any case, sometimes it's really funny so that's why i like her even though if she was someone i knew in person i probably wouldn't. XD

she's probably much more thoughtful/less rough on the inside, but it sure doesn't come out easy. lol. i guess that's why she's TsundeReina? x3
iceymoon

Postby aussie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

^
^ Well, that was a short formal apology that was drafted by management (who stupidly leaked the draft on Sayu's blog. When you thought UFA couldn't get any sloppier...), so it was kept simple and straight to the point in a very generic manner.

Reina is too straightforward for an idol, that she often comes across as brash and stand-offish. I agree in saying she probably just lacks some tact, but at the same time she doesn't seem the type to be talking about people behind their backs, for example. Almost everyone in H!P unamiously say their first impression of Reina was that she seemed cold and distant, and they were scared of her at first, but their impression of her changed after getting to know her better, that she is much gentler than her exterior appearance suggests. For someone who doesn't seem to have time for others, she is surprisingly very observant of those around her. Aichan kept saying how Reina changed and grew up since 9th gen joined. On top of this, especially after the triple graduation last year, I feel Aichan's graduation had a huge impact on Reina this year, a positive one too, as she seemed to begin to embrace her responsibility as a senior member in the group more enthusiastically than before, and opened herself a lot more to her fellow members (evident in the way she and Sayu grew closer this year, which made Sayu happy to see Reina open herself more).
Last edited by aussie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aussie
Initiate

Postby RpgN » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Sohee wrote:If anything, I think Reina has become less self-centered lately, and definitely less childish. She's growing up and finally she acts 20.
I still don't agree to that she's self-centered. She writes about herself in her blog and she likes attention, yes. But so do many of us - despite not being as fond of the spotlight - and that doesn't make you or me or any other person especially "self-centered" as much as it makes us human.

Also, what language do you read her blog in? If in English I could understand if it comes of half-assed, both because mmbbs suck (though they're better than H!O or whoever else it was that did those translations last year) but also because English doesn't have the same nuances that Japanese does. I read her blog in Japanese and I don't think I've thought even once "That's so half-hearted, Reina" except for that one time when she apologized for causing trouble for whatever she and Sayu and Eri did.

She's definitely growing up, I've noticed she's in that process right now, trying more things out and talking about things that are usually outside her comfort zone. This is great and it should only get better.

I think you're taking what I'm saying way too personally for some reason, and you're feeling like I'm attacking the girl or what you like about her?

I'm reading it in Japanese. I might not be very advanced (still make mistakes sometimes), but I'm getting what she's trying to say and her nuances.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

No, I don't take it personally at all. But I don't think it's right to call her "selfcentered" or "childish" when she isn't. Was? Sure. But she isn't these days, and especially not on her blog. Unless writing about oneself of course automatically means that one is selfcentered.

I didn't mean her nuances though, Japanese in general is a very different language which is why a lot of subtitles out there are straight down stupid even if the person who has done the translation "took Japanese at uni for 2-3-4 years". Doesn't help if you don't get it and just go literal translation.
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby RpgN » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Sohee wrote:No, I don't take it personally at all. But I don't think it's right to call her "selfcentered" or "childish" when she isn't. Was? Sure. But she isn't these days, and especially not on her blog. Unless writing about oneself of course automatically means that one is selfcentered.

I didn't mean her nuances though, Japanese in general is a very different language which is why a lot of subtitles out there are straight down stupid even if the person who has done the translation "took Japanese at uni for 2-3-4 years". Doesn't help if you don't get it and just go literal translation.

I'm glad you don't. It seemed apparent even during shows on TV, like the one with 5 of Mobekimasu group, the show where on of the host looked through their bags. Even there, out of all of them, it seemed like she was taking most of the spotlight and talking constantly, while others were more quiet and reserved. It might have to do with others not being interesting enough, or something else. But this is just going around in circles, let's just agree to disagree even though I don't really disagree with you, since I definitely agree that she's growing up and seems to be less childish nowadays. Aussie and Iceymoon worded it better than I could and I might have used the wrong word to describe her, if so I apologise.

As for Japanese, I usually get the thought and meaning behind it right but I make mistakes and have problems for different reasons. Like some grammar pieces that I haven't studied yet could make a world of difference and make what I thought look so wrong. I also have a huge problem identifying who the subject is sometimes. Like, is it X who took Y out on a date, or Y is the one who asked X? Things like that with a sentence that has weird structure (I hope you get me!). Although, there are still times where I also don't understand the real thought or meaning behind a literal translation, that's usually with a very advanced sentence. Reina's is pretty easy to grasp and don't find it difficult to follow. I find Sayumi's even more easy to grasp since she is very formal with grammar and I'm more familiar with that :)
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:43 pm

When it comes to TV, I think it has a lot to do both with her being one who likes attention, she's the highest in terms of ranking out of those 5, and definitely the most popular one too. And she's social so it makes sense that she would talk a lot? That's what the idol world is about too. If you're just silent in the background, you will never become popular or get the spotlight. Junjun got a lot of spotlight because she TOOK it. While Aika just... doesn't. And an idol will seldom give you their spotlight unless they can actually afford to (Aichan, Reina) but even then sometimes they don't really share too often (Nacchi, Miki).

This is the wrong thread for Japanese, but... I didn't mean in terms of grammar or understanding a word though. There's a nuance in Japanese that, imo, doesn't exist in English. But maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about and who's fluent in English (Icey? XD We talked about this last night actually.) word it better than I do in the random thread? haha.
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby RpgN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 am

Sohee wrote:When it comes to TV, I think it has a lot to do both with her being one who likes attention, she's the highest in terms of ranking out of those 5, and definitely the most popular one too. And she's social so it makes sense that she would talk a lot? That's what the idol world is about too. If you're just silent in the background, you will never become popular or get the spotlight. Junjun got a lot of spotlight because she TOOK it. While Aika just... doesn't. And an idol will seldom give you their spotlight unless they can actually afford to (Aichan, Reina) but even then sometimes they don't really share too often (Nacchi, Miki).

This is the wrong thread for Japanese, but... I didn't mean in terms of grammar or understanding a word though. There's a nuance in Japanese that, imo, doesn't exist in English. But maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about and who's fluent in English (Icey? XD We talked about this last night actually.) word it better than I do in the random thread? haha.

About Japanese, I'm not sure if I'm thinking about the same thing you are, but I thought it is through grammar that Japanese have a nuance that doesn't exist in English. Like many different words/or grammar that mean the same thing in English, but in Japanese it indicates different thoughts or mood of the speaker that doesn't show when you're trying to translate it. Is that what you mean? I'd LOVE and appreciate if you or Iceymoon could go into more detail in a more appropriate thread.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:42 am

Asked her to... do it. Lesse if she can. XD

Speaking of Reina and blogging though. She just updated... Her fangirling Goto Maki is just too adorable. xD <33333
Sohee
Hierophant

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project