The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:46 pm

Upfront :

You have been making older H!P groups (except OCHA NORMA, who gets a lot of mini-lives) like Morning Musume. '24 do much less mini-lives / release events these days in major cities for their new single releases, in favor of just internet signing events these past few years. You're so lazy to book a simple venue for a mini live. It is time for H!P to put the pen down, away from any type of online events, and touch grass Upfront. The pandemic is over. You need to get out there and make Morning Musume. '24 perform their new songs, and less sitting at an indoor table signing paper for 2 hours. :@ You're wasting away the last few times Ayumi can show off her dance and you make her rot at a table. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ This is not the change Eripon envisioned.

[Number of release events]
Morning Musume. '24 74th single : Just 1 mini live scheduled (This is absolutely infuriating) + internet signing events
ANGERME 34th Single : 2 mini lives + a few talk events + internet signing events
Juice=Juice 18th single : 3 mini lives + a few talk events + internet signing events
Tsubaki Factory 12th single : 3 mini lives + internet signing events
BEYOOOOONDS 5th single : 2 mini lives + a few talk events + internet signing events
OCHA NORMA 4th single : 9 mini lives in different cities + 10 nationwide talk events + internet signing events
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:05 pm

Setting aside your mini-live grievance, I must say that as an overseas and thus by default a "stay at home" fan, I do quite enjoy that they've kept up the streams even after COVID.
Last edited by JonCC on Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:40 pm

When seeing what could happen if you actively promote a group with a good chunk of money thrown at them (me:i) vs what UF has been doing for years, it does sort of get under your skin. They see H!P as nothing more than a little side hustle where they make a few extra bucks. You can se this in the uptick of photobook releases over the last few years. And the number of groups they made generational.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:57 pm

Morning Musume in the golden age were hotter than ME:I will ever be. Maybe H!P is just a side hustle at this point, but their side hustle era has lasted sustainably for two decades, and during that period they have learned to provide a mostly safe idol environment for the girls, and endless amount of entertainment for us as fans. So we'll see where ME:I are in three, four, five, ten years. Maybe they'll be the next AKS Group but I expect they'll be more like NiziU, wildly popular for a while, then quickly declining sales after a few years.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:38 am

ME:I are a full blown Kpop group and they work those girls till they are bone dry and their contract is up. It’s the double edged sword of the Korean entertainment industry. All the groups that were popular in the 2000s-2010s are all but a memory. Same will be said for this new generation. It’s pretty sad actually. But their marketing is set up like a sponge, you slowly squeeze them till they have nothing left to give. Hopefully though they get enough face recognition to move on to other things after time is up.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby boinsie » Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:00 am

I definitely see Amped's point, though. MM will outlast cockroches and heat death, sure, but when these girls audition to be in an idol group, I imagine they have an expectation of a lot more singing an dancing in front of their fans than they're getting.
boinsie
Guru

Postby JonCC » Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:09 am

boinsie wrote:I imagine they have an expectation of a lot more singing an dancing in front of their fans than they're getting.

The 32 concerts in 3 months time don't count?
https://helloproject.fandom.com/wiki/Mo ... r_Schedule
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:11 pm

Projecthello not updated with the latest songs is really driving me :@
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:17 pm

Is this a decent alternative? --> https://helloprolyrics.fandom.com/wiki/ ... yrics_Wiki
This wiki is inspired by Project Hello's lyrics archive, and is meant to pick up on their work with more frequent updates.
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:22 pm

I actually just need song titles, snappy fast and easy when I need to post setlists. It is difficult when the latest songs aren't up. My brain can't memorize song titles. Scrolling endlessly through all that wiki is a bit of a chore. If I need lyrics, ill use it. But thanks though.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project