MOMONA 101 [ME:I 2nd Single "Hi-Five" on 8/28 ; #1 on Billboard HOT 100]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Momona 101 : Kasahara Momona is #1 and Center for the Debut Song! Debut Group name "ME:I"

Postby Amped » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:01 am

Amped wrote:ME:I will make their magazine debut on the cover of ViVi fashion magazine (April 2024 issue), release is February 22nd.

"The World's First Cover! ME:I was born from 'PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS'"
https://7net.omni7.jp/detail/1250712534

ViVi fashion magazine cover girls (regular edition) : ME:I

The regular edition cover is by ME:I (#ME_I)!

The first cover of the new group born from the audition program "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" has been unveiled for the first time in the world! Under the theme of "LOVE ♡#ME_I" (Aishiteru ME:I), we delve deeply into the relationships and charms of the 11 members from all angles! You can also get the thick paper photo album that comes as an appendix ♡

https://twitter.com/vivi_magazine/statu ... 8802033026

ME:I video

ME:I, a girl group born from the survival audition program "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS," appeared on the cover and cover story of the regular April issue of "ViVi" magazine, which will be sale on February 22nd. This is the world's first cover and an accomplishment for a girl group before their debut.

ME:I's first "ViVi" cover
PRODUCE 101 JAPAN, aka Nippu, is the Japanese version of the audience-participation audition program "PRODUCE 101" that was created in South Korea in 2016. As one of the largest audition programs ever in the Japanese entertainment industry, it has produced two boy groups, JO1 in Season 1 and INI in Season 2. Last fall, the third of these, "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS," and the first girls' group audition was held, and the eleven who survived the survival rounds were chosen to debut as ME:I.

In the past, "ViVi" has always followed the developments of the 101 trainees during the audition period by featuring them before the auditions began and distributing original content videos on the official "ViVi" SNS. In this special feature, we not only focus on each of the 11 newly launched ME:I members, but also delve deeper into the bonds that were created during the auditions and the relationships and trajectories of these girls.

ME:I "I'm really glad to have met you" unit interview

The theme of this feature is "#LoveME:I" and is designed for those who are "always craving for ME:I's supply," "want to know about the flirting during the audition and after the formation," and "want to love the whole community of 11 members." In the unit interview, Kasahara Momona and Kato Cokoro, who were grouped together as "rebloom" in a leveled evaluation, said to each other, "I am really glad to have met you." Check the magazine to find out which members has the best chemistry.

In addition, there is a page with off-shot photos and behind-the-scenes stories of the members' interactions during the interviews and auditions, as well as a page with questions such as "If you were to compare ME:I to a family, how would you compare it to your family?" and "Who is the best among the 11 of you?" You can see the relationship between the 11 members from every angle.

ME:I pays homage to IZ*ONE, “I’m so happy” members rejoice

For this shoot, the members were photographed in two different concepts: the chic, cool, and cute monotone outfits used for the cover, and colorful, pop-inspired outfits to match each member's character. In the group cut for the cover, the 11 members were so perfectly in sync with each other that it was hard to believe that this was their first time shooting for a magazine, and they looked just like models as the shutter clicked. The cover shot was a heart shape of all 11 members, paying homage to the composition of a previous shot by IZ*ONE, group born from the "PRODUCE 101" series.

When told of the concept, some members exclaimed, "Oh, my God, I'm too happy!" The album also includes a number of "loveable" solo shots of the members playing with stuffed animals and toys, as well as "loveable" cuts of all the members squeezed together side by side. Also included is a photo album with each member's solo cut on thick paper.

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/4197912
Amped
High Priest

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is a member of the permanent new group ME:I, Debut is on 4/17

Postby KakureW » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:00 pm

Amped wrote:^ Congrats! That is a hot ticket! Have Fun! Shout out your favorite member's name!

Thanks Amped! I wasn't expecting to win at all, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I will be repping Momona and Kokona the most, but to be honest I like all ME:I members. I really like Shizuku and Tsuzumi in particular.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is a member of the permanent new group ME:I, Debut is on 4/17

Postby Amped » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:32 pm

Amped wrote:Oricon Weekly Album Sales (2/5~2/11)

"PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" album
1st Week
Weekly Rank : #2
Total Albums Sold : 53,359
https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2024-02-19/

Oricon Weekly Combined Album Sales (2/5~2/11)

"PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" album
1st Week
Weekly Rank : #2
Total Pts : 55,346 (CD sales, Downloads, Streaming)

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/coa/w/2024-02-19/

~~~~~

Today it is announced that LAPONE Entertainment has established a new spin-off management company called "LAPONE GIRLS", and ME:I will be the first girl group to be signed under it.

official site open
https://laponegirls.jp/
https://twitter.com/LAPONEGIRLSinfo

We are pleased to announce that LAPONE Entertainment Inc. has established a new corporation, "LAPONE GIRLS Inc."

LAPONE GIRLS Inc. was established to professionally nurture and support the girl groups belonging to LAPONE Entertainment to become active on the global stage, while utilizing the know-how cultivated by LAPONE Entertainment to date. "ME:I," which was selected by the national producers in the audition program "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" held at the end of last year and is scheduled to debut on April 17th (Wednesday), has been selected as an exclusive contract artist.

We will announce more details of the new corporation, LAPONE GIRLS Inc. as soon as they are decided.

https://laponegirls.jp/news01.html

This will separate them from the LAPONE Boy groups JO1 and INI.

That could mean more girl groups in the future, and maybe other "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS" trainees could be signed.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:36 pm

^ hope to see Ema, Aita Rin and Rap Queens Momoko & Kokona.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby DJChisato1 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:25 am

#Blasphemy
#Couldnever

DJChisato1
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:31 pm

ViVi magazine announced that after they unveiled the first cover yesterday with ME:I, pre-orders became sold out at many online stores (Amazon.jp, online bookstores, HMV, 7net, CDJapan etc.) due to popularity. The only way to get it is to try and reserve a copy at a local bookstore in person. They will inform if pre-orders will resume.

Amped
High Priest

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:33 pm

Real Sound will be publishing articles introducing and analyzing each ME:I member

ME:I Member #9: Ishii Ran A willingness to improve oneself while reaching out to one's peers

The group has members with different strengths and personalities, and this time we pick up Ishii Ran, who came in 9th in the final ranking and became a member. We will discuss her performance during the audition period and what kind of appeal she will bring as a member of the group in the future.

Ishii had been active on stage before this audition program began. One of her most attractive features is her expressive dancing.

For example, when dancing to male group songs such as JO1's "Tiger" or INI's "Rocketeer," the dancers charm with their sharp and powerful accents. On the other hand, when they dance to delicate songs like Perfume's "TOKYO GIRL," they do fluffy, light dances that are supple to the fingertips.

Furthermore, the way she reaches out to help her peers while never neglecting to improve herself is also impressive.

In the placement test held at the beginning, she was placed in the B class despite her experience, but I was impressed by her positive attitude without being discouraged by the situation. Particularly strong in the memory of the national producers (viewers) is the sight of her teaching inexperienced trainees how to dance. Moreover, by not only teaching but also improving herself with the trainees, she was promoted to Class A in the level placement reevaluation test, to the satisfaction of the trainer.

She was also a finalist for the center position of the program's theme song, "LEAP HIGH!", along with Sakurai Miu, who is also debuting in ME:I. Although she regrettably gave up the center position, she was a member of the group that performed Perfume's "TOKYO GIRL" at the next group battle, where she gave one-on-one dance instruction to the members. She was very reliable, stating, "This time, our aim is to be the #1 group overall"

Ishii's dancing is not only good, but is also eye-catching to the viewers. The reason for this charm can be found in the advice Ishii gave to Yamamoto Suzu, who also is debuting ME:I, during her practice period for the concept evaluation, when she was worried about not being able to be the center of the group : "Even if I'm not the center, I'm performing to make people 'look at me.'"

Ishii is not obsessed with this position, but she has the desire to steal the attention of the audience and viewers at any given moment. This awareness must be one power that will win her new fans when she appears on various music programs after her debut.

As ME:I's dance leader, expectations are high that she will raise the level of the group's performance while captivating the hearts of viewers.

https://realsound.jp/2024/02/post-1573179.html
https://realsound.jp/2024/02/post-1573179_2.html

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:39 am

ME:I will be on the cover of "S Cawaii ME (MEN Edition) 2024 SPRING" magazine, 16 pages, with a bonus reversible cardboard pinup poster. Release is March 26th.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4074593947

ME:I, the first female group on the cover of a magazine for male groups?
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:31 pm

ME:I video message promoting their ViVi magazine appearance
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:06 pm

ViVi magazine

Eye-catcher Part 1 : Miu, Suzu, Ran
Last edited by Amped on Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project