MOMONA 101 [ME:I 2nd Single "Hi-Five" on 8/28 ; #1 on Billboard HOT 100]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the permanent new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby KakureW » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 pm

Amped wrote:ME:I throws a "Otsukaresama" (Thank You For Your Hard Work) Party together to celebrate getting through living in dorms during the audition camp and surviving. They will share their stories and look back at their dorm life with all the strict rules and stuff.

This video looks to be recorded around Christmas time and they were still getting to know each other.

Momona also shows her skills as an MC, and gives everyone a chance to talk.

It is also English CC Subtitled

This genuinely might be the best group I have seen in a long time (although I am not qualified to comment on these things because I barely watch any KPop or similar stuff). It's just fun listening to them talk, they are really skilled, and all of them are genuinely interesting. I only followed Momona during the audition show, but all the other girls have also grown tremendously on me.
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the permanent new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby Amped » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:59 pm

ME:I "Otsukaresama" (Thank You For Your Hard Work) Party video has reached 1 million views in 3 days.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:36 am

Tomorrow morning (1/23), ME:I will make their first TV appearance on the morning show "ZIP!", where they will be interviewed and featured on a corner they do every year for new talent called SHOWBIZ SPECIAL. They survey people on the street on who will break out this year.

https://twitter.com/ZIP_TV/status/1749419985108431311

A big survey in Shibuya and Harajuku!
Who is the next generation of stars to shine this year?
Artists, actors and comedians are selected!
Amped
High Priest

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the permanent new group "ME:I", Debut is April 17th

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:45 am

ZIP! morning show 1.23.24 - ME:I makes their first TV appearance on the Japanese morning show "ZIP!"

ME:I is the No.1 ranked new artist that people are talking about on who will make their big break this year (over two Korean groups RIIZE and XG). ZIP recognizes their dance video reaching 1 million views in 8 hours. ME:I recorded a message from Korea.

MOMONA's pro ZIP move
Amped
High Priest

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby Amped » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:50 pm

Real Sound will be publishing articles introducing and analyzing each ME:I member

ME:I Member #6: Sasaki Kokona, A pure and straightforward gemstone that absorbs a lot and shines in many colors

By the way, many of the group's members have debuted professionally in the past, or have experience as trainees in Korea, or have appeared in auditions. However, some of them had no experience at all before participating in this audition. One of them is Sasaki Kokona.

In her profile at the time of her audition, she wrote "watching audition programs" in her hobbies section, and a picture of her surrounded by rice paddies in her hometown of Mie was shown during the program, where she said "I came to Tokyo for the first time for an audition."

We would like see how Sasaki, a pure and innocent young girl, was able to capture her dream of making her debut, and how she will perform as a member of ME:I in the future.

In the placement test held at the beginning of the program, she appeared in a black satin mini dress and pink arm warmers and performed "FLASH" by Perfume. She sang with a straight, bouncy voice and won the hearts of the national producers (viewers). Her appearance was well received by dance trainer Nakasone Rio and others, who gave her good reviews, saying, "I saw the purity in her," "Cherish yourself now and be honest," and "Don't look up too much, don't look down too much, just be who you are."

Team NANA (Sasaki Koko-NA & Saito Sari-NA)

On the other hand, she struggled with "facial expressions." During the same placement test, vocal trainer Lee Hong Ki asked her, "You can smile right?" He pointed out that she did not smile for about two minutes during the performance. During the concept battle toward the end of the show, she performed "TOXIC," a song with a seductive atmosphere, and it was impressive to see her wondering "What is a sexy expression?" However, the facial expressions that changed in sync with the lyrics of "Sozoijo", a song performed in the final live broadcast, and "LEAP HIGH!", a song performed by the finalists, were a topic of discussion. Many of the national producers on SNS were enthralled by her steady growth throughout the program.

During the audition, I felt that Sasaki had a great ability to take the words of the trainers and other experienced trainees and absorb them directly into herself and reflect them in her performance. This was especially evident when she performed Utada Hikaru's "First Love" as a member of a vocal team of talented singers during a position battle.

During the practice period for this song, there were times when the trainees felt insecure and unable to give their opinions due to their lack of technical knowledge, or struggled with the instability of their own singing voice and making facial expressions. However, in the actual performance, Sasaki gave a performance of such perfection that it brought tears to the eyes of the trainees, and dance trainer YUMEKI, who listened to her singing, praised her by name, saying, "OMG Her potential is amazing." Although the result was fourth place among the four-member group, many national producers must have been moved to tears when Sasaki said, "I am glad I was able to sing all the way through."

Thus, Sasaki has learned and absorbed a lot through her audition stage. Her future position in the group is unknown, in a good way, because she can be any color she wants to be. However, I dare say that no matter what concept song comes her way, she will face it head-on, seriously consider what her strengths are, and show us the maximum amount of charm she can show at that moment. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of expression they will give us.

https://realsound.jp/2024/01/post-1554026.html
https://realsound.jp/2024/01/post-1554026.html_2

TOXIC
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:09 pm

Amped wrote:ME:I throws a "Otsukaresama" (Thank You For Your Hard Work) Party together to celebrate getting through living in dorms during the audition camp and surviving. They will share their stories and look back at their dorm life with all the strict rules and stuff.

This video looks to be recorded around Christmas time and they were still getting to know each other.

Momona also shows her skills as an MC, and gives everyone a chance to talk.

It is also English CC Subtitled

ME:I "Otsukaresama" Party Part 2 : They read thank you letters they wrote to each other.

English CC Subtitled

Tsuzumi wrote to Momona
Momona wrote to Cocoro (Rebloom)

one of their goals is to have a dome concert within 5 years.
Amped
High Priest

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is the center for the permanent new group "ME:I", Debut is April 17th

Postby Amped » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:17 am

Amped
High Priest

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is the center for the permanent new group "ME:I", Debut is April 17th

Postby Amped » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:02 am

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:18 am

Tomorrow (1/31 @ 10am), the LEMINO App will air a "Produce 101 Special" that got you hooked on the show, which includes unaired footage from the show such as the trainees' audition video submissions, and unreleased scenes after the finale. The hosts even read the trainees written diaries during their audition camp.

In addition to the ranking of the most popular videos on SNS, we will also feature celebrities who have become addicted to the show as guests and introduce their favorite scenes. Whether you are already hooked on the show or not, you will definitely want to follow "PRODUCE 101 JAPAN THE GIRLS". Please enjoy the famous scenes leading up to the birth of "ME:I".
https://lemino.docomo.ne.jp/contents/Y3 ... ype=SERIES

trailer
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:26 pm

from the special, an unreleased scene after the final episode

ME:I was trending on twitter today because everyone was getting their notices to see if they won the lottery to attend the ME:I fan concert.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project