MOMONA 101 [ME:I 2nd Single "Hi-Five" on 8/28 ; #1 on Billboard HOT 100]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby Moh » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:56 am

The great thing about social media is you can curate your own experience and block people you disagree with! And maybe exit the "for you" tab if you're looking at tweets through that.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Re: Momona 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:38 pm

Shoujo Q wrote:^ It means, something that is very comes off like they are bad (naughty), fierce, cool, sexual. Usually wearing skimpy sexualized outfits. And dancing is a little over the top. Lots of gesturing in the music videos. A LOT of Kpop female groups are like that these days. It's like total opposite of the flowery sugar jpop sun and flowers type of vibe.

I want to say it probably originated in the drag community but I could be wrong.

TIL :D :grinning:

There could be a "Cunty Girls" like a weird take on Country Girls :crazy:
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Re: MOMONA 101 : Kasahara Momona is center for the new group "ME:I", Debut is 4/17

Postby Amped » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:49 pm

Please keep it PG and on-topic. I'm sure there is a place to talk about toxic K-POP stuff somewhere.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:46 pm

I’ve been pretty quiet about this. But unfortunately with Momona in a Korean produced group stuff like this is going to pop up. For people unfamiliar to the Kpop scene, it’s pretty much night and day compared to how H!P is run.

I was really into Kpop for awhile, but then you learn how the idols get treated and it gives you a sour taste.

I worry about how much the girls will lose their identity, especially Momona, to fit into this new mold that they are being put into. That they aren’t overwhelmed or overworked to the point that being an idol isn’t fun anymore.

I know Momona has been through it all before but that was with H!P. It gives her a leg up over some of the other girls. I hope the company isn’t too hard on them to change them too much. And they aren’t pressured to change their body’s to appease to some weird sense of beauty standard.

Oh and the actual definition of “cunty music” was much dirtier but I tried to make it as PG as possible. There is a large community of people trying to make offensive words more normalized so they don’t carry the same meaning they once did. This is one of those words.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby DJChisato1 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:24 am

I share your concerns Shoujo Q. I'll do you one better. Momona's first paycheck will actually be an invoice for lodging, meals, wardrobe and training that she received during the show.
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Re: Momona 101 : Kasahara Momona is #1 and Center for the Debut Song! Debut Group name "ME:I"

Postby Amped » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:49 pm

Amped wrote:Real Sound will be publishing articles introducing and analyzing each ME:I member

ME:I member #3 : Takami Ayane raises the bar in performance with her overwhelming singing and expressiveness

This time, we pick up Takami Ayane, whose addictive voice, once heard, is unforgettable. We would like to reintroduce her charms.

She first caught their attention when she performed IZ*ONE's "Sukito Iwasetai" at the first placement test. As soon as she sang the part, "Mukashi no you ni tokimekimashou," the trainers were captivated by Takami's voice with their mouths wide open. They evaluated her voice as "totally different when she sings and when she speaks!" In fact, her singing voice captivated the trainees who were there as well as the national producers (viewers) who watched the program, and from the first week, she ranked as high as 9th place.

Therefore, I got the impression that she was relied upon by the members as a person who raises the team's vocal ability in each process, including group battles and position battles. Each time, I was impressed by the way she gave gentle advice to the team members, while doing her own part exactly as she was supposed to do.

However, I personally feel that it would be a waste to limit Takami's appeal to vocals.

Her appeal lies in her ability to incorporate the concept of a song into her performance, and this is true not only in her vocals, but also in her dancing.

This was especially evident in the song "TOXIC," which was performed during the concept battle. Normally soft-spoken and a bit reserved, Takami sang provocatively, and a number of national producers became "addicted" to the song. Not only her sweet singing voice, but also her sexy movements and bewitching expression showed us a new world of Takami.

Aside from "TOXIC," there was another moment in the program that reminded us of Takami's sincere approach to the songs and her ability to put concepts into practice. This was when the group performed "Seifuku no Mannequin" by Nogizaka46 in a group battle. When the group was formed for the stage, Takami first modestly but clearly suggested, "It would be better to make the presence of 'Kimi' in the lyrics more concrete. Based on this, the group made the song their own, interspersing it with original choreography. Takami herself also performed the song, which sings of the frustration of a young girl's process of growing up, with a slow and steady delivery in her voice. She incorporated the worldview of the original song into her own.

For the position battle, she took on the challenge of singing a ballad, "First Love" by Utada Hikaru. She charmed the audience by singing tenderly and carefully about first love, which comes only once in one's life, while keeping her powerful voice intact. Takami's "Fan Camera" of the song, posted on YouTube, has gained nearly 1.5 million views in the first month since its release.

However, Takami was not able to achieve the results she wanted regarding the position battle in the same song. She expressed her frustration by saying, "I was frustrated and angry at myself for not getting my part." This shows how important it is for her to take a given song and put it into her own mind.

Given this, no matter what concept song she is given in the future, she is bound to change her expression and perform according to the concept each time. She will not only lead the group with her overwhelming singing voice that pierces through the heavens, but also fascinate many fans with her various expressions. We look forward to seeing her in such an appearance.

https://realsound.jp/2024/01/post-1533109.html
https://realsound.jp/2024/01/post-1533109_2.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:49 pm

8 trainees who were eliminated from Produce 101 Japan The Girls, who haven't given up their pursuit of becoming idols, are now students enrolled in the same KPOP dance school together at "NEXTinDANCE Academy" (NiD) studio in Shibuya. They performed a "Special Thanks DANCE COVER" to thank everyone for their support last year.

Akiyama Ema, Abe Nagomi (not in video), Iyota Hana, Ueki Mimi, Ota Sara, Suzuki Rena, Nakano Kokona, Bando Fuka are the students

"Leap High"

Stay till the end for the ending fairy. I learned that term from the show.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:19 am

New Years message from each ME:I member

Momona

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024

Saikou na Ichinen ni Shiyou ze!!! (Let's have an awesome year!!! Yeah)

MOMONA
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:21 pm

Oda Sakura's favorite major news of the year was Momona's debut.

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:43 pm

ME:I MOMONA celebrates her coming-of-age in her furisode kimono

translation

Aoyama Thelma congratulates Momona

https://www.instagram.com/stories/thelm ... 772845040/
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project