OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:34 am

Supping Shuwa~shuwa~りほ~Time (August) :

Mai-chan did a bit of a sexy-up on Insta recently.

Eyes - colored contacts because there's enough darkness in the world.
Hairstyle - simulation of getting hosed down by unexpected rain.
Kimono - those silk worms work hard for a living.
Bunnies - because gardens are meant to be eaten - why not make it kawaii?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby erilaz » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:20 pm

Spaghetti-Western wrote:I tried to figure out why it's called "Lake Louise" (in that order) but failed. Anyone know?

That's the more usual order in English, isn't it? Lake Tahoe, Lake Michigan, Lake Baikal, etc. But the other order shows up, too (the Cowsills' song "Indian Lake" comes to mind), and does seem to predominate in Alberta. So who knows?! :wacko:

Incidentally, I'm familiar with Maligne Lake in Alberta from the horrible mispronunciation in the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players' song, "Mountain Trip to Japan, 1959". XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:43 pm

OK (finally) here is some discussion about it:
https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... -lake-name

It seems like there are examples of lake coming before and after. All the lakes around my location have lake coming after. But then I think about The Great Lakes. The last comment in that link someone talks about how the size of the lake matters. If the lake is large then lake comes first, and that seems to make some kind of sense. Other factors might be whether the lake was discovered by the French or by the English.

I think people are reacting well to Mai's recent look. The colored contacts are worn in the shots with the white top; they are subtle. "Kenka wo Yamete" is an appropriate title for these times :| I look forward to hearing the full version.
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:34 pm

Fujimoto Miki Family Summer Vacation in L.A. Vlogs, they go on the giant pool slide at their hotel (They stayed at the Cambria Hotel near Disneyland). Her kids and husband play with lots of water. They swim until night time.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:43 pm

Go to New Hampshire where you have Lake Winnipesaukee next to Squam Lake. It’s all sorts of name swaps. Honestly I think it just comes down to the way they roll off the tongue better and the name order stuck. New York has a few that do Lake after and name first. But Massachusetts does mostly Lake then name. Maine is name then Lake. And they have a ton of them. I never even noticed the order till this discussion here. I’m just so use to flipping the lake around that it was second nature.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:52 pm

I think considering how Western names in general are "backwards" in comparison with Japanese names, it's reasonable that sometimes it would be confusing as to which comes first.

Anyway, Mai Ozeki's, er, Ozeki Mai's, Kenka O Yamete, er Kenka Wo Yamete, full version.

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:33 pm

Continuing her Family Summer vacation in L.A., Fujimoto Miki and family go to Universal Studios Hollywood.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:10 pm

Hello! Study Abroad Channel 10.16.23

Nakajima Saki goes grocery shopping

This is Nakajima Saki.
Today I followed my host family's shopping trip. (First time)

Father was in charge of shopping this week.

The high cost of living and the fruits and vegetables, which are rare in Japan, make you realize that this is a New Zealand supermarket.

Can you tell by this feeling?

Especially the price of eggs is just crazy. Living here, I get the feeling that Japanese eggs are too cheap.

Thanks again for watching this week.
See you in the next video~
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:57 am

... she's been there a year and not yet gone to the grocery store? XD Maybe just the first time she's done a video of it.

"Nnn~~ escaped bread! :lol: "
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:39 am

Also...those eggs aren't that crazy. I mean, $12.40 NZ is about $7.35 US which is right around what these eggs cost at the local premium retailer Whole Foods in NY. But...I can also get a carton of eggs for $2 at Target, and maybe 2 dozen for $3 at a discount Chinese supermarket. So do Nakky's Countdown prices indicate premium prices or discount prices? It makes a big difference. I get the feeling that her host family is doing pretty well so they might not even be looking for discounts. Having said that, eggs in Japan are definitely on the cheaper end of that scale. I found online eggs from Japan's Maruetsu @ 288en for 10, which comes to about $2.30 US for a dozen (presumably non-organic) eggs. Like you said, it would be helpful if this weren't literally her first time going grocery shopping. Then maybe could offer more detailed context as to what's different in Japan vs. NZ. Still I thoroughly enjoyed seeing her out and about.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project