6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Zunu » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:58 am

Amped wrote:Speaking of Aliens....

Terashima Yufu new single "Daiuchu No Mugen Ai"

Lyrics & Composed by Tsunku
Arranged by Shoichiro Hirata

No lie, Amped. That song is so undeniably Tsunku's that if he ever denied it, the song could take him to court and collect back child support
---
This popped into my feed today:

I am I by Unlame

Curious what everyone's initial thoughts are on it. I'll put mine in spoiler below:

Spoiler: show
The girls are cute I guess but for some reason they all sound like they're straining their voices. Possibly it sounds better in headphones but coming out of my desk speakers it's not something I really want to listen to all the way through. While the overall production is slick enough, the vocals come off to me as very amateurish, D-level talent, instead of a group being backed by a major label.

Anyway, it still piqued my curiosity a bit and, maybe everyone else already knew about them, but I had no idea. It turns out they are an idol group formed as part of the AKB family based on a TV audition program called "OUT OF 48" where the winners went on to join this group along with actual AKB48 Team 4 and Kenkyuusei members. So, I'm a bit biased here, but the fact that they are literally out of AKB goes a long way toward explaining how they could possibly expect them to succeed sounding like this. They have a built-in fanbase of bajillions.

However, it also seems they're already surrounded by scandal. Some are accusing them of being a little too similar to K-POP titans "Ive" in their styling. I mean, Japan has no problem snarfing overseas styles and making it their own, so I'm not sure how big a problem this will turn out to be in practice. I expect that AKSDH? Warner Music? Anyland?...can keep throwing the yen around until their success is assured.

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:43 pm

Oomori Seiko is renaming her group METAMUSE again, and restarting as a new "ZOC" on November 11th, and adding new member(s) through an audition. They changed their name from "ZOC" to "METAMUSE" back in July 2022.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:05 pm

^
So beyond me why anyone would willingly wanna join that group after that audio came out. :wacko:

Zunu wrote:This popped into my feed today:

I am I by Unlame

Curious what everyone's initial thoughts are on it.

I like the instrumental, but the vocals could definitely be better. It's like they rushed to put the song out as soon as the show was over.
(I didn't watch the other video you linked, but I'm interested in knowing why anyone thinks their styling is "copying" IVE. :lol: )

Rolling Quartz - Fearless (CC for English lyrics)

yama, Kitani Tatsuya - Akogare no Mama ni
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:17 am

^ Wow that is really a stunning car commercial!

The K-Rock is ok too, I'll grudgingly admit.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:38 am

Leader of Ukka, Kawase Ayame, announced she is graduating from the group and leaving Stardust promotion agency on December 30th. She is 21.

I have been thinking that there is nothing more I can do as ukka during my activities, so I have been discussing with my manager since last spring and decided to graduate at this time. I will not be active in the entertainment industry after I leave the agency because I only intended to be an idol at Stardust Promotion, where Momoiro Clover Z, whom I have admired since I was a little girl, is located. It has not been a smooth sailing start, and there have been many hard times, sad times, happy times, and joyful times, but I have been able to be active as an idol for 8 years because of everyone who has supported me," she wrote in a note of gratitude.
https://natalie.mu/music/news/542554

She is good friends with Yokoyama Reina.
http://www.yokoyamareina.com/2020/06/20 ... reina.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Sakaki Miyu, ex-STU48, aka Cuca, no longer looks like the old Cuca after getting plastic surgery and dieting.

I thought I was the ugliest person in the world, so I wanted to change my life and worked hard to improve myself.

- I lost 10 kilograms of weight. Invested over 5 million yen in plastic surgery and braces. Studied hair color and makeup that suited me. Self-investment and hard work. When I looked at my changed self in the mirror, I was really pretty. Now, I enjoy both my work and private life thanks to beauty!

Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:57 am

^ Whatever makes her happy I guess but still...she seems unrecognizable, that's a bit disconcerting that someone would have that degree of self-loathing. :(

Anyway, I came across a duo called Reirie (the two girls' names are Rei and Rie, how about that)
They have an energetic, pop-rock type sound:

Rabbits

PUI

If they look vaguely familiar, there's a reason for that....
Spoiler: show
They used to be in the group Ladybaby, previously mentioned by CaptianBerryzGiraffe here.

After the front singer LadyBeard left, the two remaining members continued on for a while as "The Group Formerly Known As LadyBaby," of which erilaz bought their "Pinky!Pinky" CD.

Then it seems they went on hiatus for a while, and now they've reemerged this year like two dolls coming to life at the stroke of midnight....

Here's a live...

...a little on-stage banter:

...a short, pleasant vlog of Rie walking around Asakusa for the new year

..and a very fanservice-y behind-the-scenes clip

以上です!
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Moh » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:46 am

YOASOBI - Yuusha (TV anime "Frieren: Beyond Journey's End" OP theme)

I feel like this is the first song of theirs I've heard that doesn't have a key change at the end.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby rikkikow » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:10 am

^ 4M views 3 days ago :notworthy:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby erilaz » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:14 pm

TsuShiMaMiRe return to the USA in November!

The artwork in the video was drawn by lead singer Kono Mari!
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project