The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:06 am

Amped wrote:ANGERME Leader Kamikokuryo Moe praises Morning Musume.

Morning-san's live performance last night,
The medley was really amazing.
Once again, there were so many good songs,
I'm listening to a lot of songs today!

https://ameblo.jp/angerme-ss-shin/entry ... 40520.html

Morning Musume. '23's two-part medley lasts a total of 46 minutes long. If they keep this up, their nickname could change to "Medley Monsters" (from Stamina Monsters)

Well, at least when they are at a party and the crowd demands they perform Song X they will likely be able to oblige, at least a part. Their catalog is rather large now - it's hard to please everyone, I imagine.
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:22 am

two Wota were filming their youtube video outside of ANGERME's Yokohama Arena concert where they spotted Natsuyaki Miyabi and Kumai Yurina walking past them @ 37:57. Then another ANGERME fan told them she saw Funaki Musubu and Aikawa Maho walking together too, but the wota youtubers missed it. She said that Funaki's hair is quite long.
https://youtu.be/17cg07N-dRs?t=2277

https://twitter.com/miyaaa0825pink/stat ... 0999974912

Later, Funaki Musubu and Aikawa Maho were spotted in the same video @ 33:03. The wota didn't even notice they were that close.
https://youtu.be/17cg07N-dRs?t=1983

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:34 am

Today, July 2nd, Nakano Sun Plaza closes its doors after 50 years. Goodbye Nakano Sun Plaza.

It will be demolished sometime in 2024, scheduled for redevelopment and construction in 2025, and completed in 2028, opening in 2029.

:(

Tatsuro Yamashita also has a final performance at Nakano Sun Plaza today to close things out.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:32 am

Nakano Sun Plaza staff getting an applause and thanks from everyone just before their final press conference

Last edited by Amped on Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:29 am

Amped wrote:Image

XD

Maho is somehow immediately recognizable, while Musububin is only vaguely sono chibi.
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:50 am

Yeah I'd never recognize Musubu with her hair like that but Maho is an irrepressible archetype of Mahosity.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby aerosuffly » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:58 am

Can we please please have something like J=J new single for MM? :crying:

... oh, sorry I should not have said that. I forgot the line distribution would be too even, and it would not be good to let everyone shines. Also, the music would sound too beautiful and not weird enough. My apology. :lipssealed:
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby DJChisato1 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:05 am

aerosuffly wrote:Can we please please have something like J=J new single for MM? :crying:

... oh, sorry I should not have said that. I forgot the line distribution would be too even, and it would not be good to let everyone shines. Also, the music would sound too beautiful and not weird enough. My apology. :lipssealed:

I was watching Hello Winter 2017 yesterday(baby Nishida Shiori was so cute) and it occurred to me that MM still has 8 members from that line up performing today
The next closest
Tsubaki with 7(soon to be 5) members *Debut year*
Angerme with 2
Juice = Juice with 1
Since 2017
Tsubaki is in their 2nd era
Angerme is in their 2nd era
Juice=Juice is starting their 3rd Era
MM is still in the same ol Mizuki Fukumura Era(Still don't know why it's not the Brand New Morning Era)

As far as the line distribution goes, their 25th anniversary concert had great line distribution, however is also showcased how low the overall vocal ability is as a group. Too many girls with bland or husky voices. I can't see a new Era for MM before 2025
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby aerosuffly » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:37 am

Well, the point of my rant :hehe: really was about the music. I think the MM is suffering from holding onto EDM music and the formation dance that comes with it. It was super cool when they switched to that style when 9ki joined. Of course, we had Riho, who was such a charismatic performer, but the best thing was that every member (including Riho) has to work hard and grow to keep up with the push toward that style. Every new single sounds fresh, new, and interesting. It was pure joy to witness that.

But now that they have become the master of their own arts, the group feels less interesting, and even the music feels repetitive, or rather weird or boring sometimes. We do have some great releases, like Teenage Solution, but that is no longer every new single. I cannot wonder if Tsunku has maybe run out of ideas ...

The members are still awesome though. I would not say they lack vocal ability. They just did not have many chances to shine because of the nature of their music that requires only a few leads and consists of many fragmented parts. But look when they got to perform other groups' songs at Hina Fest, or Okii Hitomi from Kaede's grad concert :o, or Time is Money from 2022 summer tour (Mei, Nonaka, Yokoyan, no Maa) :o :o. I cannot wonder how much they would benefit from Takui + Kodama music, for example ...
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Idol Tenshoku Ondo » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:23 am

I got into H!P right before the colorful era and at the time all of Morning Musume's music felt like it was really pushing to do something unique and interesting; Renai Hunter, One Two Three, Wakuteka Take a Chance, Help Me!!, Brainstorming, etc. It felt like everybody was putting their all into it and their vocals were interesting to listen to. Sometime around 2015 their music got more and more "safe" feeling. They still put out some great songs and you can see members are still working hard but most of it is extremely forgettable to me. I think half the reason anybody complains about line distro is because they want to hear somebody else sing for once. Sorry but Mizuki's voice is super blah. I don't care if she puts an extra "n" sound on start consonants or whatever it was. Her voice is not interesting.

Anyway, Morning Musume's management got comfortable where they are. They always sell 100k so why try and do anything else? They have their diehards and ~legacy~ anyway. Sidenote:
Spoiler: show
Legacy does not f'n matter in the world of pop! It's like saying all our fans are old and buy our stuff just because it's us. If they want to sell on quality how about having music that doesn't sound like the music equivalent of Paint By Numbers.

If they're gonna keep on going on the way they are then it's not like I have to like it anyway. It's just disappointing being a former MM fan seeing them coasting along comfortably when they could be shining bright. I'm still a general H!P fan and I hear about them regardless of what I do so I can't just leave because I don't like it. Just keep hoping the future era will get better...when the current era finally comes to a belabored, drawn out close. Sorry current fans.
I've kept most of my frustration with Morning Musume to myself for the last few years and it finally got too much. Hope my rant isn't too spicy for the rants thread. :razz:
Idol Tenshoku Ondo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tsubaki Factory ♥

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project