The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Zunu » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:11 am

JonCC wrote:
Pretty spot on assessment of both groups.

Reminds me of this clip:

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:25 pm

the format for H!P's group artist profile shots is changing (OCHA NORMA is the standard way). I hope they keep it this change.
http://www.helloproject.com/artist/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:56 am

An unexpected piece of information:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:36 am

Amped wrote:Kaga Kaede fan DJ KOO at the 25th anniversary event to congratulate Morning Musume

DJ KOO vlogs his thoughts after attending Morning Musume. '22's 25th anniversary FC event, plus his thoughts on Kaga Kaede's graduation announcement
Amped
High Priest

Postby KakureW » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:27 pm

So I was thinking about doing some posts summarizing some discussions by Japanese H!P fan base on 5ch, as I often read their summaries on http://c-ute.doorblog.jp. I searched the forum and this thread seemed the most appropriate, so I will post the summaries here every once in a while. If there is a more appropriate thread for this post or it deserves a new post, please let me know or just move it.

I also don't have any idea about how I am gonna format these summary posts, so I will start with doing paragraph summaries of the general gist of the discussion. If anyone has ideas for better format, do let me know.

Gonna start with a rather short one: http://c-ute.doorblog.jp/archives/56983905.html

Unprocessed Kobayashi Honoka is an angel

The original 5ch thread talks about how Kobayashi Honoka's recent seemingly unprocessed (unfiltered? unaltered?) pics on Beyooooonds Insta page are really cute. Mostly people are surprised how cute she has become recently, as this wasn't many fans previous impression of her. A couple of comments even think she might be the cutest H!P member right now (at least when it comes to unprocessed pics). On the other hand, some fans think these recent photos lack the characteristic Honoka punch or taste. A few comments also point out that not only do the pics seem unprocessed, but Honoka seems to be wearing very little/thin makeup, which to them makes it even more remarkable that she looks this cute in the pics. One comment says that her looks were already top class at this year's Hina Fes.

The commenters on the summary page seem to disagree that the pics are unprocessed, but agree that they are not over-processed. One commenter wishes he had a girlfriend like Honoka in middle school, while a couple others say it is painful how cute she is in those pics.

Spoiler: show
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby KakureW » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:32 pm

Another summary post I had been thinking of doing since I saw it a few days ago.

Original (Japanese summary page): http://c-ute.doorblog.jp/archives/56980381.html

Which H!P member do you think has the most class/elegance?

By class/elegance, I think most Japanese people refer to the way someone talks or acts in general, and is considered to be a sign of good and/or wealthy upbringing. Mostly this thread was the Japanese H!P fans mentioning the members they consider to be the classiest/most elegant. Although a lot of names were brought up, Kobayashi Honoka and Fukuda Marine seemed to be the favorites, with Fukumura Mizuki/Yagi Shiori/Kudo Yume/Ichioka Reina/Kawamura Ayano/Yamagishi Riko/Asakura Kiki/Danbara Ruru also receiving some support. In Ichioka Reina's case there was the caveat of "as long as she doesn't open her mouth", since all pretenses of intelligence fade away when Reina starts talking :grinning:. Also, one commenter on the summary page thought Marine has recently seemed to be more of a gyaru than elegant type, which seems to be true if you see her in the Yagi-meshi cooking video. One commenter suggests that this wouldn't even be worth a discussion if Yamaki Risa was still in H!P.

A few commenters discuss that elegance can be expressed in different ways, and that different members would be considered elegant by each criteria. Thus it might be difficult to definitively say who is the most elegant. Some also point out that the fact Honoka can play the piano at such a high level definitely biases people, because many Japanese people consider being good at piano or classical music and instruments to be classy and elegant. Some also mention Sakurai Rio, although a lot is unknown about her she has an aura of good upbringing.

Photo dump below in spoiler form from the summary page .

"Evidence" presented for the top two:
- Kobayashi Honoka
- Fukuda Marine

"Evidence" presented for other well supported members:
- Ichioka Reina
- Danbara Ruru
- Yagi Shiori

Some other members who received a mention (most likely from fans of those members) in no particular order and the "evidence" presented:
- Okamura Homare
- Eguchi Saya
- Matsumoto Wakana
- Irie Risa
- Shimakura Rika
- Hirai Miyo
- Tsutsui Roko

- Arisawa Ichika
- Ogata Risa
- Endo Akari

I personally also think Honoka and Marine are very elegant, but for slightly different reasons. In Honoka's case, I think her dress sense and her love for elegant one pieces counts in her favor. She manages to pull off wearing those dresses fabulously (the pics above are also a good example). For Marine, I too think she has a gyaru personality but she still has an overwhelming princess style upbringing aura. Mizuki being rich and having a good upbringing is not much of a secret. It was interesting to note that not many Ocha Norma members were mentioned apart from Roko. One member that I was surprised to see not mentioned was Inoue Rei. Maybe she has a different image among the Japanese fan base, but I have a very elegant image of her (not much evidence though, just an image :-P )
KakureW
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Shimakura Rika

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:01 pm

I appreciate stuff like this so thank you for taking the time to do this. I miss Wota in Translation. It’s always interesting to see what fans think about certain members especially if they can see them more regularly compared to international fans who can not see them as much and only via recorded appearances.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:57 pm

A BEYOOOOONDS "Megane no Otoko no Ko" cover in illustrated manga form with voice acting (Nijisanji)

Amped
High Priest

Now do "Toei Oedo Sen no Roppongi Eki de Dakishimete"

Postby Zunu » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:18 pm

That was so well done. Interesting that they kept with the concept of the titular character being a girl in drag.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:44 pm

Lots of new comments on BEYOOOOONDS' videos saying that cover sent them.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project