OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Postby Amped » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:50 pm

Tamura Meimi will be in an NHK Drama special called "Idol", airs August 11th @ 7:30pm~8:43pm Golden Time. The story is about Japan's first Idol, Matsuko Ashita played by Kotone Furukawa. Tamura will play Koyanagi Nanako, Matsuko's group mate.
https://www.nhk.jp/g/blog/3vwlw8fq1-k/

Synopsis
In 1936, Toshiko Onodera (Kotone Furukawa) moves to Tokyo from Iwate and auditions for the Moulin Rouge theater in Shinjuku to become a star. On the spot, she catches the eye of manager and producer Sasaki Chisato (Shiina Kippei) and the theater's signature actress Takanawa Yoshiko (Manaki Reika), and begins working at the theater as a member of the troupe.
Toshiko continued her life as an underling, sparing no time for sleep and spending most of her day rehearsing and performing on stage. One thing led to another, and Toshiko ended up singing and dancing in the center of the stage.
Six months later, Toshiko changed her name to "Matsuko Ashita" and formed a young group with her colleague Koyanagi Nanako (Tamura Meimi) and others, which became overwhelmingly popular. The theater was packed with fans, and the place was filled to capacity every day. Matsuko became the center of the group and became the "idol" of each and every fan.
Meanwhile, Japan was at war, and the effects of the war reached the Moulin Rouge. The red windmill that had been the symbol of the theater was removed, and the signature actor Shotaro Yamaguchi (Ikuzaburo Yamazaki) left for war.

"Idols" have always excited and thrilled young people.
From the early Showa period to the end of the war, the Moulin Rouge Shinjuku theater continued to operate without a single day off in wartime Japan. It was also a theater where one could go to meet idols.
Matsuko Ashita grew up together with her fans and became the absolute ace of the theater.
Even as Japan went to war, she continued to sing and dance on stage, answering the cheers of her fans with a smile...

The theme of this program is "Entertainment in Wartime." It is both a drama depicting the coming-of-age of an idol named Matsuko Ashita , and a music stage show that lavishly incorporates singing and dancing in the theater into the story. It is an original work based on characters and theaters that existed at the time.

Tamura Meimi (Koyanagi Nanako)
She joined Moulin Rouge at the same time as Matsuko, and they grew up together and competed with each other, becoming best friends and good rivals. They eventually become idols and support the theater in its heyday.

<Comments>
I am very happy to be cast in this production as Koyanagi Nanako, and I enjoy filming every day. Through this work, I was able to experience the history of Japanese idol culture, and I myself have become more captivated than ever by its depth and charm. I would like to do my best to fulfill my role as an idol of Shinjuku Mulan Rouge as a close friend who shares the same dream with me, while casually and softly supporting Ms. Matsuko (Machan), played by Kotone Furukawa, by my side.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:25 am

From last week…

Celedam wrote:Maki Goto is live streaming right now, as she plays through the last few bosses in Elden Ring

Continuing from last week, through to the end…

21:33 in the video is a good example of why Soulsborne games are popular — it's that feeling of triumph and relief that comes after struggling for hours with a difficult boss.

---

She's also starting a new project in which she covers 30 songs that have influenced her career.

The first is "Zurui Onna" by Sharam Q…

Maki Goto LIVE TOUR 2022 "Odotte Mita ~Songs of You and Me!~”
https://avex-management.jp/artists/talent/GOMAK
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 am

One step closer to asadora heroine for Meimi!
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Amped » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:51 pm

[M-line Music #45]

MC : Bitter & Sweet

00:00~ Opening

00:42~ Studio Talk : M-line Special 2022 ~My Wish~ July Tour

01:55~ Natsuyaki, Miyamoto, Ogata, Bitter & Sweet "Naite Naite Koishiteru" performance (M-line Special 2022 ~My Wish~)

05:50~ Studio Talk : About Bitter & Sweet "Naite Naite Koishiteru" performance

08:16~ Miyamoto Karin "Nantetatte I Love You" Dance Commentary

14:31~ Studio Talk : About the "Boogie Woogie LOVE" performance

16:39~ Ogata, Bitter & Sweet, Kawana Rina, Tamenaga Shion "Boogie Woogie LOVE" performance (Ogata Risa "bon voyage!" in COTTON CLUB)

20:29~ M-line Gacha Talk

23:29~ Ogata Risa "bon voyage!" Tour Diary (Ogata, Bitter & Sweet)

25:23~ Miyamoto Karin New Single "Howling" performance (Miyamoto Karin LIVE 2022 Haru ~Amethyst~)

28:57~ Ending
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:08 am

Tsuji's husband, Taiyou Tsugiura is voted everyone's favorite dad for Father's day
https://soranews24.com/2022/06/18/forme ... the-house/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:20 pm

The Sugiura family gets a trampoline to celebrate their 15th anniversary…

…and then Taa and Non live stream their lunch date…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:52 pm

Celedam wrote:Maki Goto's also starting a new project in which she covers 30 songs that have influenced her career.

The first is "Zurui Onna" by Sharam Q…

#2: BE TOGETHER by Suzuki Ami

#3: Zankyosanka by Aimer
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Zunu » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:33 am

Not complaining, I mean she does a spectacular performance, but Zankyosanka just came out earlier this year. Is this really "songs that have influenced Maki's career" or more like "songs Maki hopes will rekindle her career"? XD

Anyway, speaking of people with slightly rekindled careers. Arisa Noto (Nocchi) (@notoarisa) has been stepping up her online presence, regularly updating her Tiktok, Insta and Twitter accounts. She also has been hosting a regular radio program, BayFM Music Salad, and doing livestreams on YouTube.

The contrast between her humble lumpy-plastered wall and the Tsuji/Sugiura estate is pretty striking. I'd guess that just their double-doored indoor dance studio is far larger than her entire apartment, which from looking at her various videos, is probably no bigger than a 1K.

Anyway, she speaks a few words in English where she explains that her baby face didn't make her appealing when she was a kid, but now people find it attractive and are surprised by her true age; then shortly later she reveals that she's 33, "But! Very baby face, I have!"
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Zunu wrote:The contrast between [Noto's] humble lumpy-plastered wall and the Tsuji/Sugiura estate is pretty striking.

An updated tour of that estate, since they've finished moving in…

What's striking for me is how similar this is to the homes of other YouTuber families. Big rooms, high ceilings, lots of echoes, everything square and white and "modern". I don't like it. I know their old place was too small for their growing family, but it had a certain charm. This goes too far in the other direction and seems like a conspicuous display of wealth.

(sorry, personal problems might be affecting my attitude. i won't go into details, let's just say there's more to life than filling a big house with lots of stuff.)
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:46 am

Celedam wrote:let's just say there's more to life than filling a big house with lots of stuff.

Well put.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project